A Modifiable Pay Day Lock

Bestfriends

Question

$A Modifiable Pay Day Lock$

3d1ee3ec14783cafdc5236eed493e7c3.pngdcca314f187bc397f457f773f1ef0c45.pngadbce63387c377529dea31806955844b.pngd17be9555bb3db3802121e91fedfd4d3.pngccc366f52b93d851d9f7c4fc329e86a0.pngfbe2c3e324d0a2599bcc4170cd59291b.png

04fc25daa92f91d6b681f8d680fda8b9.png

3d1ee3ec14783cafdc5236eed493e7c3.pngdcca314f187bc397f457f773f1ef0c45.pngadbce63387c377529dea31806955844b.pngd17be9555bb3db3802121e91fedfd4d3.pngccc366f52b93d851d9f7c4fc329e86a0.pngfbe2c3e324d0a2599bcc4170cd59291b.png

Text Form of my idea:

Lets say Pokemon A is level 58 and Pokemon B is level 60 (as indicated in the battle screen). What happens if Pokemon B switches into a level 50 pokemon unexceptionably? You lose $100 of hard earned yen. $100 may not seem like much for people in the shiny trading business, but its a lot of yen for a competitive player. I do have a simple solution that would help people in the competitive scene, having the option of reverting a pay day. You have the opportunity to change back your pay day target to the level 60 pokemon rather than the level 50 pokemon. I think a minor change like this might help a competitive person with paying their breeding expenses, paying for Poke balls, etc. I agree that Pay day grinding should be difficult, but not upsetting. What I like about this suggestion is that its such a minimal change meaning that it wouldn't affect the economy that much. What happens if you miss clicked the Pay Day move at the beginning of the battle? You won't be able to recalibrate the battle as what I call the "Pay Day Lock" has set in. Lets go back to the graph, if my "Modifiable Pay Day Lock" suggestion is implemented, then the player would have the option of using Pay Day on Pokemon B even if he/she already used Pay Day on Pokemon A.

Video Form of my idea

Spoiler

Please tell me if there are any holes in my suggestion. Maybe there were strong points or weak points I missed.

Fun fact: Approximately 80% of pokemon pictured above can learn pay day, but the other 20% are pre-evolutions like Meowth and Skitty. The pre-evolutions of Fearow and Rapidash (Spearow and Ponyta), however, cannot learn Pay Day.

Fun Fact #2: This was not my intent, but if you look at the picture that I used as an example, both pokemon can learn Pay Day.

Edited by Bestfriends

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

This seems like more of a bug if anything.

(Assuming I'd reading this correctly).

Post #2: Ah, well if it is this then it's not a bug.

But I also can't see us implementing something to 'fix' it.

I shall wait on the video though.

My apologizes, I didn't see post number two. I am going to stick to my word (although Bearminator has the general idea).

Edited by Bestfriends
Published unlisted video
2 minutes ago, bearminator said:

You mean- U use Payday in first round of battle but instead of hitting that sweet 60 lvl pokemon, you hit 53 lvl pkmn cause opponent switch? 

Ah, well if it is this then it's not a bug.

But I also can't see us implementing something to 'fix' it.

I shall wait on the video though.

7 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

This seems like more of a bug if anything.

(Assuming I'd reading this correctly).

He wants you to protect him from using pay day in a pokemon he didn't intend to use pay day on. Like if the pokemon was switched out and now payday lands in a lower level pokemon, or if he miss-clicked pay day and it targeted some low level pokemon.

I don't really see how this could be implemented. A simple solution would be to calculate pay day yield based on the MAX level targeted, instead of the FIRST one. This way if you use payday several times you get the MAX money of all the times it was used.

Or you know, mean look? lock? wrap? etc~

I get it. This is sometimes annoying, but it actually isn't that big of a deal. After an island run, if this happened for every single battle, it comes out to be less than a 10k difference. But it doesn't happen every single battle, so your average loss of income (assuming that you are entitled to the best possible income) is about 3k.

edit: lol, actually the loss is more like 1.5k I think you battle around 30 trainers in a full run. I might be wrong though.

Edited by Gilan
3k instead of 5k. I forget how many trainers you actually battle in an island run
1 hour ago, axx said:

He wants you to protect him from using pay day in a pokemon he didn't intend to use pay day on. Like if the pokemon was switched out and now payday lands in a lower level pokemon, or if he miss-clicked pay day and it targeted some low level pokemon.

I don't really see how this could be implemented. A simple solution would be to calculate pay day yield based on the MAX level targeted, instead of the FIRST one. This way if you use payday several times you get the MAX money of all the times it was used.

Or you know, mean look? lock? wrap? etc~

Additional commentary: You do have a very valid counter-claim. It blows over half of my argument out of the water, but the other half is still in tact. I am going to come at it from this point of view, the Smeargle market could experience an overdemand meaning that Artisan Cave would be the 1 mil factory if you breed up a Smeargle correctly. Want to be rich quick? Invest some time in Artisan Cave and with the Day Care Man. Its not good to have one pokemon in high demand, its like having Nintendo as the only console maker. Nintendo might increase their price of their newest consoles up to 15k due to lack of competition. I want each Pay Dayer to have their share in the market place. Smeargle may still be in high demand due to breeding, but Smeargle would be OP to someone wanting to make 1 mil. I don't want Smeargle to dominate the Pay Day market. I want the Pay Day market to have some variety like a Rapidash, Fearow, Persian, etc and lessen the strangle hold Smeargle has in the future Pay Day market place. Not only that, but breeding a good Smeargle could cost up to approx 300k and you sell that for 1 mil and you have a overwhelming 700k profit margin.

1 hour ago, Gilan said:

I get it. This is sometimes annoying, but it actually isn't that big of a deal. After an island run, if this happened for every single battle, it comes out to be less than a 10k difference. But it doesn't happen every single battle, so your average loss of income (assuming that you are entitled to the best possible income) is about 3k.

edit: lol, actually the loss is more like 1.5k I think you battle around 30 trainers in a full run. I might be wrong though.

Additional Commentary: You have also proven my point of it having a minimal impact to the economy as a whole.

I am going to try to look at each counter-claim fairly. I try my best to give my arguments as much substance as I can.

Edited by Bestfriends
Minor edits to clarify claim (Gilan editted his post, so I copied and pasted his edit message)