The Reintroduction of UU

20 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

252 Atk Life Orb Houndoom Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manectric: 105-124 (72.4 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Doom ain't staying in tho

32 SpA Life Orb Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manectric: 145-172 (100 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Life Orb Houndoom Overheat vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manectric: 165-195 (113.7 - 134.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

granted i dunno what the average houndoom set is, it's not that hard for it to OHKO Manectric even with mixed sets.

10 minutes ago, Asunamaster12 said:

Just a random question, but do physical attacking sceptile run crunch these days? Or is leaf blade + EQ + t-punch better?

you don't need t-punch imo, you could go AA to hit breloom (x4) + vile + exegg. 

2 hours ago, lamerb said:

Do you guys think Tropius as a defensive wall is viable?

I feel it handles Crawdaunt, Breloom, Donphan and Steelix more effectively than Vileplume. It could also potentially handle physical Sceptile and maybe - just maybe - Scizor. 

I bred one with hp ice long time ago but its damage output is REALLY low like u would be better with no damaging move xD and that ice weakness x4 it was too much when everyone was running ice punch with kanga, granbull, etc, etc 

I think Dodrio is as op in UU as Zangoose was in NU, that QA stab late game is just deadly when ur pokes are weakened, idk I feel like it deserves a ban back to OU. 

Also that life orb dodo set someone linked is just 2 much, no switch ins at all. Maybe take doom too since it limits too many pokes imo like garde/jynx/exeggutor 

• 2 weeks later...

Discussion threads should only be posted by staff/tier council after we have discussed. At least one UU discussion thread will probably be posted soon. Personally I think NU could use a few quickbans, but I wouldn't be surprised if we went into the first Nu tournament with nothing banned.

1 minute ago, BurntZebra said:

At least one UU discussion thread will probably be posted soon.

Houndoom, please

Also Zeb you didn't get me, I don't want to post a discussion thread, I'd like to see the "UU tier discussion request thread" back, same for NU. But if it is a discussion about Doom (which I really fucking hope it is) then I guess you can disregard this kek

3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Houndoom, please

Also Zeb you didn't get me, I don't want to post a discussion thread, I'd like to see the "UU tier discussion request thread" back, same for NU. But if it is a discussion about Doom (which I really fucking hope it is) then I guess you can disregard this kek

Ah ok thought you were asking to post a discussion thread

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BlackJovi said:

why is sceptile even uu, most annoying poke ever sub giga leech hp fire you gotta pp stall it out to fucking deal with it 

dont get me started on the endeavor set 

Liquid Ooze Tentacruel deals with that set no?

You could always pull out the OG specially defensive vileplume if you really want a good answer to life orb sets. Crobat does fairly well too, considering it 4x resists sceptiles stab, neutral to the typical hp fire coverage, and immune to the optional 3rd coverage move of earthquake, and can even outspeed sceptile if it so desires.

1 minute ago, BlackJovi said:

sceptile doesnt care about doom unless its scarfed.. eq ohkoes doom no problem 

Sure, but I don't think there is a full proof moveset that Sceptile can play to secure kills. I don't think Sceptile can realistically play Leech Seed/EQ/HP Fire in the same moveset. Therefore, there will always be Altaria/Crobat, Tentacruel/Houndoom or Scizor/Bulky Grass types that will counter it.

The versatility is the issue. Scouting Sceptile is the issue. Sceptile looks somewhat like Gengar in OU, with a slightly better sweeping power, but with a shittier typing.

Just now, lamerb said:

Sure, but I don't think there is a full proof moveset that Sceptile can play to secure kills. I don't think Sceptile can realistically play Leech Seed/EQ/HP Fire in the same moveset. Therefore, there will always be Altaria/Crobat, Tentacruel/Houndoom or Scizor/Bulky Grass types that will counter it.

The versatility is the issue. Scouting Sceptile is the issue. Sceptile looks somewhat like Gengar in OU, with a slightly better sweeping power, but with a shittier typing.

alright thing is if you dont know the set your pretty much relying on predicts, isnt that unhealthy or something 

9 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

alright thing is if you dont know the set your pretty much relying on predicts, isnt that unhealthy or something 

Ya, it is. I still think we need to give it more time to see if people can find scouting methods.

I am also not too keen about banning pokemons during a test ban anyways. 

Edited by lamerb
1 hour ago, BurntZebra said:

You could always pull out the OG specially defensive vileplume if you really want a good answer to life orb sets. Crobat does fairly well too, considering it 4x resists sceptiles stab, neutral to the typical hp fire coverage, and immune to the optional 3rd coverage move of earthquake, and can even outspeed sceptile if it so desires.

unless hp ice. 

2 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

unless hp ice. 

Ah yeah how could I forget that it runs two hidden powers on the same set. I mean I really love my hp grass hp ice jolteon. I wouldn't be surprised to see most sceptiles becoming hp ice though, considering scizor isn't very common, although if that becomes the case, then scizor will just rise in usage again and force sceptile to run hp fire again.