[RISÉ] The Uprising

RISE

Was HYPE as fuck (not really, but was good). 

OU: Havsha is a little rusty and was Rock Blasting my Metagross on several occasions. Needless to say I got that W. His Dodrio was nice to see, I also had one but didn't have to show it. 

UU: I was predict God and caught his Scizor with CB Lee Blaze Kick, I talked a little too much when I said "ez" and RNG spited me. Missed. His CB Scizor then went on to kill my Misdreavus and Roselia which were pretty potent against his squad. LO Jynx was a nice add on his part, I had trouble with that especially without Misd to sit behind a sub. 

NU: Again, I had a weakness to Psychic spam. Played it well but got rewarded with RNG. Whiscash was 72% health, max Specs Timid Kadabra Psychic could do was 74%. It killed. Switched in full health CB Kingler against Scarf Pinsir and got crit by EQ which couldn't 2HKO, and well it got the kill. He had a 1HP live with Kadabra against my offensive Walrein which let it kill. Was still a good match, I let myself get into that position by not carrying a reliable Psychic spam counter. 

Doubles: Havsha wasn't actually too bad and surprised me with knowing the appropriate clauses. He had the tried and true Manectric + DD Gyara combo, but unfortunately it didn't workout so well. Sleep Venusaur sat on his face and clutched on its own. 

We decided on an RNG tie breaker, cuz wynaut so we played 3v3 Metronome. He clutched as fuck with Perish Song. Lucky pleb. 

gg homie, I look forward to more of random shit like this. 

Just now, Bilburt said:

Im trying to think of a worse prize

but I cant

But real talk, the shit prizes are actually quite viable right now, which I personally think is a more important factor when I play for tournament prizes. 

• Shiny Tenta
  • Shiny Rhydon
  • Shiny Dodrio
  • Shiny Haunter
  • Shiny Crobat

I'd choose those "shitty shinies" over say Dusclops, Medicham, Kingdra, Marowak, etc which all hold more valuable but aren't really that viable. 

Also, I forgot to shout out @LuisPocho for our doubles series yesterday. Home boy said I was an ez win, so I called him out on the spot for a BO3 dubs match. He obliged.

Dubs1: Easy sweep with my Eruption Typhlosion squad. Basically just saved it on those hit and runs for easy kills. He did pressure it out of Eruption, but I had Overheat to carry alongside LO Salamence to seal the win. 

Dubs2: He actually played really well here and foiled my sweep with DD Tyranitar by protecting his bulky Metagross throughout the match. At the end, I gambled and it cost me. I slept his Metagross and it had been down for 2 turns. I was in a 50/50 with DD Tyranitar and I had to decide on using Protect or not. If I Protect and it wakes up, I can sleep it next turn with Venusaur. If I Protect and it stays asleep, I'm kind of fucked because now I can't sleep with Venusaur (faster) and can't one shot with Tyranitar (double protect needed). In the end I decided to say fuck it and go balls to the wall and just outright DD, hoping it stayed asleep that third turn. It woke up, and it killed me. GG. With +1 Protect Tyranitar + Sleep Venusaur, I likely would have beat the pokes he had remaining. 

Dubs3: I brought DD Gyara + Manectric team and got RNG'd bad... I was flinched on the turn I would paralyze his Scarf Tyranitar with Blissey, my Salamence was crit killed the turn it was Brick Breaking the -1 Scarf Tyranitar, and then something hung on with a 1HP live at the end. Can't recall what right meow, but hey that's doubles.

gg to @LuisPocho, I'll put some respeckk on your bad name. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.