[PSL 7] How to Feed the Trolls

On 1/4/2017 at 8:49 PM, gbwead said:

I gave up on every thing I mentionned except the margin that simply does not make any sense to me. If the higher cost package does take priority, why are we talking about a -25% and +25% margin. A +25% margin is impossible when the higher cost package takes priority. 

Gave some thought to this, and let me reiterate why a +/-25% makes sense to me. 

Back to example board:

1. First example, 6k player for a 8k player. A 1-for-1 trade is fair, since 6k falls within the +/- 25% of the higher 8k package.
  2. Second example, 4k player for 8k player. The manager offering the 4k player must add at least 2k credits to the package to meet the +/- 25% of the higher 8k package.
  3. Third example, the manager with the 8k player demands the maximum amount of credits possible along with one player. If that single player is 6k, that manager can add 4k credits meeting a total of 10k to trade for the 8k player. That's where the +25% limit comes into play. 

I will be sure to change the language of the trade rules to state that 'the package with the highest value in players takes priority' for better clarification.  

3 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Gave some thought to this, and let me reiterate why a +/-25% makes sense to me. 

Back to example board:

1. First example, 6k player for a 8k player. A 1-for-1 trade is fair, since 6k falls within the +/- 25% of the higher 8k package.
  2. Second example, 4k player for 8k player. The manager offering the 4k player must add at least 2k credits to the package to meet the +/- 25% of the higher 8k package.
  3. Third example, the manager with the 8k player demands the maximum amount of credits possible along with one player. If that single player is 6k, that manager can add 4k credits meeting a total of 10k to trade for the 8k player. That's where the +25% limit comes into play. 

I will be sure to change the language of the trade rules to state that 'the package with the highest value in players takes priority' for better clarification.  

I get it, but I still find it confusing to talk about a +/- 25% margin. The margin reference point will always be the higher package value which mean the margin can only negative based on that reference point.

For instance, the +/- 25% margin of a 8k package will be 6k to 10k. However, if someone pays 10k for a 8k player, the 10k becomes the highest package value so the margin needs to be based on the 10k and not the 8k. With that logic in mind, the margin can never be positive, always negative. 

The margin logic comes down to this for me: "a trade can only happen when smallest package value is worth at least 75% of the highet package value." 

10 minutes ago, gbwead said:

For instance, the +/- 25% margin of a 8k package will be 6k to 10k. However, if someone pays 10k for a 8k player, the 10k becomes the highest package value so the margin needs to be based on the 10k and not the 8k. With that logic in mind, the margin can never be positive, always negative. 

This is why I am editing the language to state that the package with the highest value in players takes priority. Either way, I think we both understand what we need to do to make a trade and how it's limited. 

• Munya locked this topic