[PSL 8] Week Four

1 minute ago, LifeStyle said:

1. True

2. Excadrill was Steelium-Z. Orb Dugtrio isn't that horrible, it still accomplishes what most of the other sets do.

3. This wasn't actually that bad either, getting Garchomp damaged allows for Zygard to clean late-game.

4. This I didn't really get either, but Telf sacking his Keldeo switch to Zard was way worse lol.

5. > Trashing DD Orb Zygarde. > +1 swept Telf, something a non Orb Zygard could accomplish. Daryl shoulda probs sack Zard to Muk and get Zygarde in safe to setup. But Orb Zygarde is defo not shit unlike what most people who don't know shit about SM OU were saying during match.

6. Greedy as fuck yeah, 0 reason to risk Tang when he had Zard to sack, which he kept the whole match for some weird reason.

7. That was dumb. Also just gonna address 8. already because Exspeed>Thousand Arrows when he couldn't tell if Xurk would be HP Ice or not, Exspeed + scarf Keldeo was the play, too bad sun was still up cuz Daryl didn't sack Zard earlier and in the end it cost him.

2. Steelium Z exca is incredibly situational, noone runs this shit when Iron Head is already powerful enough. And orb Dugtrio IS horrible, the only sets worth running are groundium/ sash/ scarf. Noone in the higher ranks run orb dug.

3. It was not for Zygarde to sweep but for Zard Y which would KO each time it's out, Zygarde wouldn't sweep due to scarf lele. This play was still horrible considering the fact that Telf's entire team was weak to ground.

5. DD Orb Zygarde still wouldn't sweep like I said, scarf Lele, it would need +2. Orb Zygarde is generally shitty, too many common things wall it, CB is the way to go currently, eventually subcoil with tox.

8. Imo still thousand arrows was the play here, but mainly because I was sure this thing doesn't have HP Ice (ask Rappy, I literally told him that during the match), however I do get this argumentation to use ESpeed

W/e this match makes my brain flat almost as much as murcielago's posts

6 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

2. Steelium Z exca is incredibly situational, noone runs this shit when Iron Head is already powerful enough. And orb Dugtrio IS horrible, the only sets worth running are groundium/ sash/ scarf. Noone in the higher ranks run orb dug.

3. It was not for Zygarde to sweep but for Zard Y which would KO each time it's out, Zygarde wouldn't sweep due to scarf lele. This play was still horrible considering the fact that Telf's entire team was weak to ground.

5. DD Orb Zygarde still wouldn't sweep like I said, scarf Lele, it would need +2. Orb Zygarde is generally shitty, too many common things wall it, CB is the way to go currently, eventually subcoil with tox.

8. Imo still thousand arrows was the play here, but mainly because I was sure this thing doesn't have HP Ice (ask Rappy, I literally told him that during the match), however I do get this argumentation to use ESpeed

W/e this match makes my brain flat almost as much as murcielago's posts

2. Steelium Z exca is supposed to remove most of its checks that also prevent things like Zygarde/Keldeo from sweeping, that's just simple teambuilding but w/e. Oh and no Iron Head is not powerful enough.

3. Zygarde was Jolly DD, it speed ties Tapu Lele (95 base each) but considering how much Lele Psychic did to Tangrowth I have to assume it was Modest scarf, meaning it 100% loses against +1 Orb Zygarde.

5. What I said in 3.

8. Whatever the match was basically thrown at this point kek.

Edited by LifeStyle
1 minute ago, LifeStyle said:

2. Steelium Z exca is supposed to remove most of its checks that also prevent things like Zygarde/Keldeo from sweeping, that's just simple teambuilding but w/e. Oh and no Iron Head is not powerful enough.

3. Zygarde was Jolly DD, it speed ties Tapu Lele (95 base each) but considering how much Lele Psychic did to Tangrowth I have to assume it was Modest scarf, meaning it 100% loses against +1 Orb Zygarde.

5. What I said in 3.

8. Whatever the match was basically thrown at this point kek.

Only reason to run steeliumz would be probably LandoT, it literally does not have any further use. And even then, it only enables to get some room for Zygarde. Tangrowth still walls, recovers with regenerator, Mantine still laughs at it, same for Celesteela and Skarm. Tapu Bulu gets KOd with orbed Iron Head even without a boost so yeah, it is powerful enough. Literally no reason to run this on Exca.

3/5. I didn't presume modest scarf Lele, it's still a matchup-wise and that only adds to Telf's fuckups in the teambuilding

7 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Only reason to run steeliumz would be probably LandoT, it literally does not have any further use. And even then, it only enables to get some room for Zygarde. Tangrowth still walls, recovers with regenerator, Mantine still laughs at it, same for Celesteela and Skarm. Tapu Bulu gets KOd with orbed Iron Head even without a boost so yeah, it is powerful enough. Literally no reason to run this on Exca.

3/5. I didn't presume modest scarf Lele, it's still a matchup-wise and that only adds to Telf's fuckups in the teambuilding

steelium exca can set up rocks vs mega sabeleye and help the stall matchup. not massive but helps

anyways me vs xploz in 10

18 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

steelium exca can set up rocks vs mega sabeleye and help the stall matchup. not massive but helps

anyways me vs xploz in 10

Wouldn't mold breaker be better overall for doing that? I mean even in a stall matchup, the stall player is just going to defog with skarm until they get a chance to trap exca with dugtrio (assuming there's no hoopa to trap or something). 

3 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

Wouldn't mold breaker be better overall for doing that? I mean even in a stall matchup, the stall player is just going to defog with skarm until they get a chance to trap exca with dugtrio (assuming there's no hoopa to trap or something). 

wow completely forgot about mold breaker. damn didn't even think about that. Steelium exca was a mistake then, and I take full responsibility for that mistake on daryls team. But I still stand behind DD zygarde with life orb it's very good

XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ XPLOZ 

Edited by Kamimiii
4 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

GG, tbh the start was still pretty good for me even without the crit on gyara. I agree it made it easier than expected tho

It was also impossible for metagross to sweep at this point of the game 

yeah hax was sorta big but impossible to tell if would have affected other parts of the match.

but that matchup tho, thats what really fucked me. ice punch camp, elec tran AND chople. gg tho cool team

edit: lul just realized i got 6-0d by another heatran. its a fucking tradition now goddamnit

Edited by Kimikozen
8 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

yeah hax was sorta big but impossible to tell if would have affected other parts of the match.

but that matchup tho, thats what really fucked me. ice punch camp, elec tran AND chople. gg tho cool team

edit: lul just realized i got 6-0d by another heatran. its a fucking tradition now goddamnit

What's funny is that I changed the berry like 2mins before the battle, I came to the conclusion that this one would be better

16 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

What's funny is that I changed the berry like 2mins before the battle, I came to the conclusion that this one would be better

damn, you did the same thing with hp Ice celebi last season. Well played man, well played.