[PSL 8] Week Seven

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is really nothing for me to say, its up to Zebra. I would prefer to have blind rematch, not replicated turns. Replicated turns could easily go either way with crits, WoW miss, megahorn miss etc. I don't have much more time and would rather just do blind rematch. (Nik is gone for weekend so we really can't do this match any time other than now)

1 minute ago, BurntZebra said:

I'll be requesting that they recreate the match to the best of their abilities with the same teams and the same end game (clefable+nidoqueen vs flygon+starmie+raikou+scizor). 

does this mean if hax changes outcomes, we keep playing?

Edited by Kimikozen
2 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

There is really nothing for me to say, its up to Zebra. I would prefer to have blind rematch, not replicated turns. Replicated turns could easily go either way with crits, WoW miss, megahorn miss etc. I don't have much more time and would rather just do blind rematch. (Nik is gone for weekend so we really can't do this match any time other than now)

double post, but does this mean if hax changes outcomes, we keep playing?

Replicate so that the end result is the same. If draco meteor misses, then draco meteor again/gliscor just eqs the flygon. 

Unless both people would rather rematch entirely. 

Depending on sets, it's mostly just to get a burn on flygon/poisoned raikou+weaken scizor/starmie and kill the appropriate pokemon on each side. 

Edited by BurntZebra
2 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

Replicate so that the end result is the same. If draco meteor misses, then draco meteor again/gliscor just eqs the flygon. 

Unless both people would rather rematch entirely. 

Even if we try to replicate it, there is so many variables. that burn tick on Flygon could effect things more, in this rematch I could add a move to help me win 2v4, Nik could add sub to clef etc etc. I think the only way to honestly end this is just a no contest and we play a blind new DPP match. Different teams allowed.

Edited by Kimikozen
Just now, Kimikozen said:

Even if we try to replicate it, there is so many variables. that burn tick on Flygon could effect things more, in this rematch I could add a move to help me win 2v4, Nik could add sub to clef etc etc. I think the only way to honestly end this is just a no contest and we play a blind new DPP match. Different teams allowed.

There's no way sub fable is a set ever man. The burn tick on Flygon is irrelevant since you switched it into Rotom. If I missed then you can EQ so that we can recreate the perfect scenario. 

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Lol

Kimi knows he can trust nik

its not just this JJ, technically we don't know what my scizor is. What if it is maxed speed jolly choice banded scizor? What if its scarf? replication is just bullshit and uncompetitive. 

edit: basically its not a trust thing its just so blind and unrevealed that things go much different.

Edited by Kimikozen
2 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

Even if we try to replicate it, there is so many variables. that burn tick on Flygon could effect things more, in this rematch I could add a move to help me win 2v4, Nik could add sub to clef etc etc. I think the only way to honestly end this is just a no contest and we play a blind new DPP match. Different teams allowed 

Clefable was not substitute most likely. I think the standard set would be bolt beam tbolt, in which case, flygon hp doesnt matter since +2 ice beam obviously ohkos. 

Since the result of this match were not to natural circumstances, I would prefer not to do a blind new DPP match, since no one is to blame with this. 

And since we do have the replay, it's pretty obvious scizor isn't jolly band since

252 Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Nidoqueen: 67-80 (17.4 - 20.8%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

and it did 13% to nidoqueen in the replay we saw. 

Edited by BurntZebra
Just now, Kimikozen said:

its not just this JJ, technically we don't know what my scizor is. What if it is maxed speed jolly choice banded scizor? What if its scarf? replication is just bullshit and uncompetitive.

It is scarf because:

252 Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Nidoqueen: 45-54 (11.7 - 14%) -- possibly the worst move ever

And you did 13% damage

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

Ya the scarf was obvs and I was joking about sub simply to trigger jovi since he thinks a burned flygon gonna smash.

Zeb made a decision, honor it and play honestly. You both good dudes, if nik gets haxed so what. 

Yellow card???

3 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

It is scarf because:

252 Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Nidoqueen: 45-54 (11.7 - 14%) -- possibly the worst move ever

And you did 13% damage

what was your set on clefable? what was stopping him from u-turning a few times and then super powering? and what if you actually had sub and not a healing move? he didn't HAVE to go to scizor and superpower

Just now, Rigamorty said:

what was your set on clefable? what was stopping him from u-turning a few times and then super powering? and what if you actually had sub and not a healing move? he didn't HAVE to go to scizor and superpower

Everytime he uturns, he goes to something and then lets me heal up. I can always also softboil on the superpower. 

1) He sacks Starmie vs Clefable. Brings out Scizor.

2) My play is to tbolt into the incoming Raikou / Flygon.

3) Both those mons live the attacks and let me heal up. 

Edited by NikhilR
5 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

tbolt

heal up

both with unrevealed moves, making it not a certainty in this situation. I'm really just trying to look at this from a logical and unbiased standpoint (i have literally 0 reason to care who wins in this match and don't really like either one of you more than the other) as to how I think the match should be decided, and the only sensible thing to me here would be a rematch. 

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

@Kanzo

This fucking moralist amirite?

fuckin moralists man

Theres a lot of room for changing sets now that both players know what the other is running since there were a couple of moves still unrevealed, I know both players are "trustworthy", but diff teams rematch would be the logic path here. I dont really see why this would be a problem lol.