[TOOL] Archetype Counter - Automatically track encounters / Eggs / Fossils - v3 - CJK support!

• nurver9 changed the title to [TOOL] Archetype Counter - Lightweight Automatic PowerShell WinForm encounter / egg counter
2 hours ago, Thekingofglory said:

so,i think u should put some pictures to show us

They are here, and have been since posting, your VPN just won't load them.

Please don't misinform others while misusing the proper forum region.

Thanks for your interest, @Thekingofglory.

I have since embedded existing media.

Edited by nurver9

We have just noticed the "icons" folder for the counter has for whatever reason not been added into main build package. The counter will work without these icons, but just want look as "cool" lol. Please look out for an update soon on this thread for the repackage.

Hope you all are enjoying the counter 😉

EDIT - UPDATE: The counter has now been updated with the correct icons and even resolved a bug noticed in collapsed mode. Please re-grab the counter by redownloading as you will now get the new version.

Edited by AnonymousPoke
  • nurver9 changed the title to [TOOL] Archetype Counter - Automatically track encounters and eggs
On 9/7/2022 at 3:12 PM, jasean said:

This is really good, TY

Thank you.

We are working on pushing another update soon to further address multi-language detection issues and horde count being wonky.

Edited by nurver9
clarify current bugs
  • nurver9 changed the title to [TOOL] Archetype Counter - Automatically track encounters and Eggs
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Burnteggs96 said:

This counter is wonderful. Works perfectly and is so user friendly. The only wish i had was a total count but i can run my old counter in the background for that. Thanks so much! Ill most likely be using this for years to come

Glad you like! 🙂 We have an update coming out sometime today or tomorrow that addresses a a few bug fixes and a new way to approach taking a picture of the PokeMMO window. This same new technique will allow you to have the PokeMMO window on any monitor without an issue and even if other windows are blocking the PokeMMO screen. So great changes. Keep your eyes open for the new update soon.

Btw, there is technically a total count of the Pokemon you have encountered and a total count of the counter as a whole. Look at my image below. Hopefully that helps.

image.png.2af4a224ee0d0a17ee956cd4cb0cc380.png

On 9/27/2022 at 7:01 AM, AnonymousPoke said:

Glad you like! 🙂 We have an update coming out sometime today or tomorrow that addresses a a few bug fixes and a new way to approach taking a picture of the PokeMMO window. This same new technique will allow you to have the PokeMMO window on any monitor without an issue and even if other windows are blocking the PokeMMO screen. So great changes. Keep your eyes open for the new update soon.

Btw, there is technically a total count of the Pokemon you have encountered and a total count of the counter as a whole. Look at my image below. Hopefully that helps.

image.png.2af4a224ee0d0a17ee956cd4cb0cc380.png

Ohh even better! Definitely my favorite counter. It looks aesthetically pleasing, you can change the theme of it anytime, and with these new updates I wont have a single issue with it. ^_^

EDIT: About the total encounter thing, right now the counter counts 3 individual pokemon, (and the eggs) and the total counter only counts the pokemon in the slots. Sometimes there are more than 3 pokemon in a route, and it just ignores the extras, so i run a seperate, vaguer counter that just tallies each encounter and shows my total for everything.

If there was an option to add extra slots, that would be awesome! And it would solve my problem with it not counting all of the pokemon

Edited by Burnteggs96
Problem fixed
On 9/27/2022 at 11:19 AM, Burnteggs96 said:

Ohh even better! Definitely my favorite counter. It looks aesthetically pleasing, you can change the theme of it anytime, and with these new updates I wont have a single issue with it. ^_^

EDIT: About the total encounter thing, right now the counter counts 3 individual pokemon, (and the eggs) and the total counter only counts the pokemon in the slots. Sometimes there are more than 3 pokemon in a route, and it just ignores the extras, so i run a seperate, vaguer counter that just tallies each encounter and shows my total for everything.

If there was an option to add extra slots, that would be awesome! And it would solve my problem with it not counting all of the pokemon

Okay, let me try to understand this properly as this might allow me to implement into the counter.

Which one of the scenarios apply to you below in the bullet points:

• Are you just wanting a "total" count of the pokemon you have seen in the area you are in - regardless if seen in the counter slot?

or

• Are you wanting for this counter to function similar to GEC (Gilans Encounter Counter) where you can see up to 8 pokemon in the slots and which will ultimately serve your purpose because that is probably the total amount of pokemon to see in that specific area.?

2 hours ago, JoyBoy said:

Do i have to also download the theme to work the counter?

My counter not working

No, this counter is independent from the Archetype theme itself. It was designed to only work with the theme initially, but we found a way to work with the default GUI theme in the end.

What is the specific issue you are having with the counter? At this point, if you are truly needing help, please use the (Contact and Support: https://discord.gg/rYg7ntqQRY) to get your issue resolved. It is extremely hard to narrow down your problem here specifically. Please follow that link and you will be heard.

6 hours ago, JoyBoy said:

Do i have to also download the theme to work the counter?

Nope, as @AnonymousPoke and the OP describes:

On 8/31/2022 at 2:47 AM, nurver9 said:

🔍 multi-interface support; requires OCR recognizable font for monster name definitions e.g., NotoSans

6 hours ago, JoyBoy said:

My counter not working

Counter is failing to count because one or more of the following:

• are using a language or resolution that is not fully supported
  • did not extract the Counter folder in the correct hierarchy
  • did not turn battle backgrounds OFF, this option must be unchecked
  • did not accept the OCR font def modification message when first launching the Counter
  • powershell 5.1 is not installed

As @AnonymousPoke stated, please reach out to us at which ever communication method you prefer, so we can figure out what's going on. In the ReadMe there is a full outline of how each feature of the Counter works. As per the FAQ section of the ReadMe- you can use Debug mode to generate logs that we can read to get more of an idea of what the Counter is doing.

Thanks

Edited by nurver9
13 hours ago, AnonymousPoke said:

Okay, let me try to understand this properly as this might allow me to implement into the counter.

Which one of the scenarios apply to you below in the bullet points:

• Are you just wanting a "total" count of the pokemon you have seen in the area you are in - regardless if seen in the counter slot?

or

• Are you wanting for this counter to function similar to GEC (Gilans Encounter Counter) where you can see up to 8 pokemon in the slots and which will ultimately serve your purpose because that is probably the total amount of pokemon to see in that specific area.?

The First bullet point applies to me, that is why i run a seperate counter in the background