Red Fight - Moves & Quirks [HELP RECIEVED]

EDIT: All the data I've been looking for has been given. Thanks to everyone who helped!

If you guys care to see the doc below for info on Red's team or some teamcomp ideas, feel free to keep reading. Otherwise, thanks for clicking on this and have a nice day 🙂

------------------------------------

Bold & Itallics = TL, DR

Hi there, I'm attempting to figure out a strong team to beat Red as fast as possible, which means I'm trying to find all the moves for his team to find weaknesses. My problem is that both in my own fight and in fights people have recorded, I'm still missing some moves. If anyone knows them and could provide them that would be great!

Specifically, I need 2 moves from Zard and 1 move from Blastoise. [Updated]

-I know Zard has Flamethrower and Dragon Pulse

-I know Blastoise has Water Spout, Ice Beam, and Hidden Power Grass (Thank you KenjimAd for info!)

Additionally, if anyone has ANY clue how Red's Pikachu outsped my Aerodactyl when Aero's spd stat was 359 compared to the max speed for Pikachu I can calc being 306 I'd LOVE an explanation for that, since I'm gonna need to account for an ungodly speed stat.

Thanks for any info provided!

*Additional note: I know all of the bonus moves Red gets as well as fairly confident/know items. Here's the link to the guide I'm trying to make on the Red fight, including my personal strategy I'm using to beat it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s7jx7bImY0VFIcqlPa46bq7N7U5Agw5OY92Qm5s1d2w/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Aizeilon
All necessary info has been obtained, updating for it.
5 minutes ago, kenjimAd said:

For all i know is Blastoise has Hidden Power (Grass) then Snorlax has Body Slam too & Venusaur has Giga Drain also...

This is helpful! Blastoise having HP Grass is new information to me.

Good luck on the Red fight, hopefully my doc may be of some use to you if you want to peak at it

Actually! I already Beat Red 2 Times already thnx to my Modest 6X31 IVs of Volcarona!

My Strategy here is if Choice Scarf/Specs Blastoise used Hidden Power (Grass) against Water Pokémon, just Switch it to Volcarona & Start Stacking Up Non Stop using Quiver Dance 6 Times! Then after that, use Bug Buzz or Giga Drain against All the Remaining Foe's Pokémons & you already Won!

Fair enough, Stacking is a valid strat.
Using that same idea, if you use Garchomp, you're guarenteed to get Blastoise Ice Beam. Using Lapras and spamming DDance would work the same way. I imagine though the Devs might nerf this strat with time by having Red switch mons after say 3 turns should he do <15% dmg or something

1 hour ago, kenjimAd said:

Actually! I already Beat Red 2 Times already thnx to my Modest 6X31 IVs of Volcarona!

My Strategy here is if Choice Scarf/Specs Blastoise used Hidden Power (Grass) against Water Pokémon, just Switch it to Volcarona & Start Stacking Up Non Stop using Quiver Dance 6 Times! Then after that, use Bug Buzz or Giga Drain against All the Remaining Foe's Pokémons & you already Won!

Hi. Do you remember how much money Red gave you the second time? Is it worth to use a riches charm or an amulet coin for the second battle?

Edited by zeross
missing word
1 hour ago, Aizeilon said:

I imagine though the Devs might nerf this strat with time by having Red switch mons after say 3 turns should he do <15% dmg or something

Yeah! Same here also & i bet the Devs might have Edit these Items of Pokémon they had a Continuing Buffing it until it's totally Nuzlocke Hardcore against Red by Next Update soon... If Not, then i guess my New Target of my Daily Grinding Moneys are Cynthia (Undella Town every Spring/Summer) & Morimoto. & For the Weekly, Cynthia,Morimoto & Red!

3 hours ago, Aizeilon said:

Additionally, if anyone has ANY clue how Red's Pikachu outsped my Aerodactyl when Aero's spd stat was 359 compared to the max speed for Pikachu I can calc being 306 I'd LOVE an explanation for that, since I'm gonna need to account for an ungodly speed stat.

I read somewhere that Red's Pikachu has the Lets Go Partner Pikachu stats. If that helps you c:

The last move for Blastoise is Surf, I remember he used that against my Chansey after switching back in.

Trying to remember specifically but I THINK Charizard had Solarbeam too. I also just remembered he might've used Focus Blast against my Chansey as well. Sorry I'm a lot less sure on the moves Charizard used.

Edited by Metthew
Charizard

Some notes for your guide:

• Red only gives 300k (without charm) the first time you beat him. After that it's much less. The second time, I only got 200k WITH Riches Charm (75%), if I'm not mistaken.
  • Charizard other 2 moves are Focus Blast and Air Slash. It is NOT holding Choice Specs, nor Choice Scarf.
  • Blastoise 4th move is Surf.
  • His Pikachu has boosted stats. It's much faster than normal. Despite not being scarfed, I know that it can at the very least outspeed any non-scarfed 115 base speed Pokémon. Might be based on the Partner Pikachu stats from Let's Go, but haven't confirmed this.

Edited by Serlocke
  • Aizeilon changed the title to Red Fight - Moves & Quirks [HELP RECIEVED]
2 hours ago, Serlocke said:

Some notes for your guide:

• Red only gives 300k (without charm) the first time you beat him. After that it's much less. The second time, I only got 200k WITH Riches Charm (75%), if I'm not mistaken.
  • Charizard other 2 moves are Focus Blast and Air Slash. It is NOT holding Choice Specs, nor Choice Scarf.
  • Blastoise 4th move is Surf.
  • His Pikachu has boosted stats. It's much faster than normal. Despite not being scarfed, I know that it can at the very least outspeed any non-scarfed 115 base speed Pokémon. Might be based on the Partner Pikachu stats from Let's Go, but haven't confirmed this.

Thanks a ton for this info!

The rest of the moves allowed me to recalc for them, and luckily none of my calcs drastically changed. 

The Pikachu data though did result in some recalcs. It's 100% the Let's Go Pikachu stats, as @Elizn also mentioned, since Pikachu's speed stat becomes 372 after calcs. While it does also harm some matchups (namely Vanilluxe and Lapras for me both became guarenteed losses due to the Sp. Atk gain from the Let's Go games), Scarf Chomp was alr my new main strat for him which luckily doesn't change.

Thanks again for all the help!

Updates of Red's Pokémon Movesets Part 9!

Charizard: - Sunny Day Early Move

Held Item - Expert Belt

HA: Solar Power

- Air Slash

- Dragon Pulse

- Flamethrower

- Focus Blast

Blastoise - Rain Dance Early Move

Held Item - Choice Scarf

HA: Rain Dish

- Hidden Power (Grass)

- Ice Beam

- Surf

- Water Spout

Venusaur - Light Screen Early Move

Held Item - Grass Gem

HA: Chlorophyll

- Earth Power

- Giga Drain

- Sludge Bomb

- Weather Ball

Snorlax - Reflect Early Move

Held Item - Leftover

Ability: Thick Fat

- Body Slam

- Earthquake

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

Pikachu - Nasty Plot Early Move

Held Item - Light Ball

HA: Lightningrod

- Grass Knot

- Hidden Power (Ice)

- Thunder

- Volt Switch

Espeon - Wish Early Move

Held Item - Life Orb

HA: Magic Bounce

- Power Gem

- Psyshock

- Shadow Ball

- Weather Ball

The Last Part is Completed! You may now start to find the New Strategy of Beating Red! Goodluck!

Edited by kenjimAd
Final Part 9 (Fully Completed)

Now that All of these Held Items from Red's Pokémons are Revealed, the few Missing left are...

HA Snorlax - (Use Skill Swap as Reveal)

Pikachu & Espeon Movesets - (Bring HA Ditto)

That's all i got as Few Tips! I'm hoping this will be my Final Part of Editing my Post & Fixing Movesets of Charizard also!

Edited by kenjimAd