"give up" after the 1st round of Pvp.

ElArabi43

Question

I would like to suggest to make it to be able to "give up" after the 1st round of a PvP match. 

I recently played a lot OU tier and you really face the same Pokemon again and again(chansey, amongus, tyrantiar, weezing, rotom wash) . No real creativity or strategy. 

Too many players play with full stall teams and rocky helmet. You dont even need to predict or have skills. Just memories or check real quick the abilities of you opponents(is it physical or special atk) and switch to your "unbeatable" defender. 

Stall and u-turn😔

Instead of loosing fun and time  i suggest to let us quit after 1st round and go on to the next "player friendly" opponent. 

9 answers to this question

3 hours ago, ElArabi43 said:

You dont even need to predict or have skills. Just memories or check real quick the abilities of you opponents(is it physical or special atk) and switch to your "unbeatable" defender. 

If you say yourself that it doesn't take a lot of thinking on opponent's part, then it should take less than 30 seconds to reach turn 5 if you just switch your mons or press random moves.

Its about those teams. who just use stall. 4, 5 or sometimes even 6 walls. 

Dont need 5 turns to figure out that i dont want to battle those teams. 

Let them hide behind walls i dont care, have fun with it. But let me decide in the 1st round not the 5th.

17 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

If you say yourself that it doesn't take a lot of thinking on opponent's part, then it should take less than 30 seconds to reach turn 5 if you just switch your mons or press random moves.

Edit* 

I didnt understand at you at first. 

No its not 30 seconds till 5th round the opponent can take time. And then at the beginning who put in at 1st place take up to 1 min. 

Edited by ElArabi43
7 hours ago, ElArabi43 said:

I would like to suggest to make it to be able to "give up" after the 1st round of a PvP match. 

I recently played a lot OU tier and you really face the same Pokemon again and again(chansey, amongus, tyrantiar, weezing, rotom wash) . No real creativity or strategy. 

Too many players play with full stall teams and rocky helmet. You dont even need to predict or have skills. Just memories or check real quick the abilities of you opponents(is it physical or special atk) and switch to your "unbeatable" defender. 

Stall and u-turn😔

Instead of loosing fun and time  i suggest to let us quit after 1st round and go on to the next "player friendly" opponent. 

Should try UU or NU.

12 hours ago, ElArabi43 said:

Its about those teams. who just use stall. 4, 5 or sometimes even 6 walls.

Honest suggestion, try out Randoms.  This is the exact reason I left OU.  I got tired of running into the exact same teams, over, and over, and over again.. And like you said, once you start winning, they start cheesing with the stalls to try and just force you to give up.  I won a pretty good amount of my OU matches, but the tier itself was just too sweaty.  The variety of Randoms really helped bring my love for PvP back, so I think anyone suffering from OU burnout would have a good time w/ it

Really, "competition" tell me more please?! 

The competition were you just hide behind walls, Rocky helmets and spam foul play with mandibuzz and have chansey, weezing, gastrodon, milotic, gliscor all together in one team.Anyway yall are sooooo goood, creative and skillful, i unsterstood the message. Lol

But whats the point of waiting 5 rounds, 3 rounds would be fine too?! 

1 hour ago, ElArabi43 said:

Really, "competition" tell me more please?! 

The competition were you just hide behind walls, Rocky helmets and spam foul play with mandibuzz and have chansey, weezing, gastrodon, milotic, gliscor all together in one team.Anyway yall are sooooo goood, creative and skillful, i unsterstood the message. Lol

But whats the point of waiting 5 rounds, 3 rounds would be fine too?! 

I hate to break it to you especially during a suggestion but stall is a archetype which is understandable if you're a little overwhelmed on how to fight it.

You should spend the day scouring higher elo matches, checking out past tournaments or reading smogon articles etc. If you're still not convinced then perhaps randoms will be more up your alley if you just want BP.

Heres a quick link you might find interesting as a start, otherwise good luck with your suggestion. - https://www.smogon.com/articles/getting-started