Raikou encounter rate - Unpopular opinion

Enpure

I feel the same way, for both raikou and suicune. It took quite a while for legendaries to get implemented, so it should have been implemented in a more fun way.  Even if it was a raid sort of battle or some different special kind of dungeons like the ones that are available in christmas event or lunar new year event, so that you can get, maybe a "mysterious cherish ball" or "mysterious master ball" which when opened gives out a legendary.  or like in the anniversary event, instead of gym leaders and e4, some even stronger trainers can appear (like Blue,Green,Gold,Silver,Crystal and so on) and it can actually be a challenge to beat them and once you beat a good amount of them, you can encounter a legendary and try to catch it.

7 hours ago, Plbbrt said:

I feel the same way, for both raikou and suicune. It took quite a while for legendaries to get implemented, so it should have been implemented in a more fun way.  Even if it was a raid sort of battle or some different special kind of dungeons like the ones that are available in christmas event or lunar new year event, so that you can get, maybe a "mysterious cherish ball" or "mysterious master ball" which when opened gives out a legendary.  or like in the anniversary event, instead of gym leaders and e4, some even stronger trainers can appear (like Blue,Green,Gold,Silver,Crystal and so on) and it can actually be a challenge to beat them and once you beat a good amount of them, you can encounter a legendary and try to catch it.

I love everything about this. It would make this game so much more fun if it had something cool like the ideas you've listed. The legendary fights along the way were pretty cool and something similar leading to a catch would be much more fun.

I feel the devs just took such a lazy approach to it with an even lazier execution. Let's have this terrible encounter rate so it feels like a challenge when in reality it's really just RNG.

I think it's pretty clear that most players don't like this way of hunting for legendaries looking at all these forum posts. 

I'm definitely one of those player. 

I have an idea too: why not let us replay the ho-oh battle with increased difficulty for an item that lures suicune/raikou/entei when used? The lure won't guarantee an encounter but it would increase the odds significantly. 

Edited by BuurmanJuan
26 minutes ago, BuurmanJuan said:

I think it's pretty clear that most players don't like this way of hunting for legendaries looking at all these forum posts. 

I'm definitely one of those player. 

I have an idea too: why not let us replay the ho-oh battle with increased difficulty for an item that lures suicune/raikou/entei when used? The lure won't guarantee an encounter but it would increase the odds significantly. 

You can't really make conclusions based on numbers in a forum thread. I think a lot of players who disagree with you and the others haven't shared their opinion here. 

1 minute ago, Seth said:

You can't really make conclusions based on numbers in a forum thread. I think a lot of players who disagree with you and the others haven't shared their opinion here. 

I'ts not just this thread, there's quite a lot of posts about it. 

The players who don't share their opinion here probably don't do so because they got lucky.

If they hunted it for 40+ hours without success they would be complaining too. 

I really don't see how you can defend this system. It's completely unfair. 

23 minutes ago, Seth said:

I disagree, also judging that every spot that people go to find Raikou is heavily flooded amongst all channels really shows how poor the encounter rate is as well.

23 minutes ago, BuurmanJuan said:

The players who don't share their opinion here probably don't do so because they got lucky.

I 100% agree, I'm a new player that has had the time to sink in the last month since first coming to the game, but I've spent 30+ hours trying to find Raikou and I will be quitting next month when Entei comes if I don't have Raikou by then.

Edit: I'm not asking for a handout but this is just dumb.

Edited by Enpure
Just now, BuurmanJuan said:

I probably hunted for 40+ hours myself but I am not complaining. Sometimes it's just easier to accept how things are instead of complaining about things not being easy for yourself. I won't call a system unfair where the odds are the same for every player. It's about being patient, just like with shiny hunting. 

I agree the system could be more creative, but at least we got the chance to encounter some legendaries now after such a long time. Thus, you won't be hearing me complaining and calling it unfair. 

24 minutes ago, Enpure said:

I disagree, also judging that every spot that people go to find Raikou is heavily flooded amongst all channels really shows how poor the encounter rate is as well.

Market already seems flooded with the dogs, so I personally don't agree in calling the encounter rate* poor. 

Edited by Seth
23 minutes ago, Seth said:

I probably hunted for 40+ hours myself but I am not complaining. Sometimes it's just easier to accept how things are instead of complaining about things not being easy for yourself. I won't call a system unfair where the odds are the same for every player. It's about being patient, just like with shiny hunting. 

I agree the system could be more creative, but at least we got the chance to encounter some legendaries now after such a long time. Thus, you won't be hearing me complaining and calling it unfair. 

Some people enjoy (shiny) hunting, true. But what about pvp players? We don't like hunting for hours without any guarantee we will even find it. 

I do call it unfair, because it's purely luck-based. I've heard from others who found it after 10 encounters. How is that fair compared to those who still don't have it after 40 hours? 

I'm happy we got legendaries too, but that doesn't mean that it's fair and can't be improved on.

PS: I wouldn't be complaining if they weren't so important in PVP. 

Edited by BuurmanJuan
25 minutes ago, Seth said:

Market already seems flooded with the dogs, so I personally don't agree in calling the encounter rate* poor. 

Market is flooded thanks to Chinese bots. I wonder if anyone realizes that this way of obtaining a legendary is literally a gateway for bots?

It's not about encounter rate, it's not about hard or tough. It's about the fact that it's RNG. I know one person who found 3 shinies from single encounters (one of them being Quilava lol) this month, hunts like a madman and did not find his Raikou. Another found 2 shinies, also hunts like some kind of a possessed addict. Also no Raikou. The way of obtaining the beast is not fun, not engaging, not creative and rewards only blind luck. That's a horrible game design.

11 minutes ago, BuurmanJuan said:

Some people enjoy (shiny) hunting, true. But what about pvp players? We don't like hunting for hours without any guarantee we will even find it. 

I do call it unfair, because it's purely luck-based. I've heard from others who found it after 10 encounters. How is that fair compared to those who still don't have it after 40 hours? 

I'm happy we got legendaries too, but that doesn't mean that it's fair and can't be improved on.

PS: I wouldn't be complaining if they weren't so important in PVP. 

Sure some people's luck is absurd but that is just how things are in general. If you don't have the patience to hunt an OT one, buy one. Market is already flooded with them. If you really want an OT one, be patient and hunt it. Just because things are obtainable it doesn't mean that it should be easy. I will repeat myself though, that I agree that there could a more creative way to obtain them, but it shouldn't be easier. 

15 minutes ago, Enpure said:

Less than 140. Not really flooded. People getting a buck knowing they can get more in a couple months.

Sure, ~140 as of now but so many others were probably already involved in a trade, and the majority of the player base probably keep theirs instead of selling them. 

I wish you best of luck getting them. 

1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

Market is flooded thanks to Chinese bots. I wonder if anyone realizes that this way of obtaining a legendary is literally a gateway for bots?

It's not about encounter rate, it's not about hard or tough. It's about the fact that it's RNG. I know one person who found 3 shinies from single encounters (one of them being Quilava lol) this month, hunts like a madman and did not find his Raikou. Another found 2 shinies, also hunts like some kind of a possessed addict. Also no Raikou. The way of obtaining the beast is not fun, not engaging, not creative and rewards only blind luck. That's a horrible game design.

I honestly don't see any difference to bots already used to shiny hunt. Shinies are even more expensive than the dog trio. 

And yeah, as I already said, I agree that there could be a more creative way of encountering them. But I won't be complaining as we finally can capture them. It's better than them not being released at all imo. 

4 minutes ago, Seth said:

Sure some people's luck is absurd but that is just how things are in general. If you don't have the patience to hunt an OT one, buy one. Market is already flooded with them. If you really want an OT one, be patient and hunt it. Just because things are obtainable it doesn't mean that it should be easy. I will repeat myself though, that I agree that there could a more creative way to obtain them, but it shouldn't be easier. 

Okay so we agree that it can be more creative, that's good. 

I do want the OT's because I'm a competitionist, and I'm not saying that it should be easy. I want it to be hard, I just don't want it to be luck-based. There is nothing difficult about being lucky. 

3 hours ago, Seth said:

Probablemente busqué durante 40 + horas yo mismo, pero no me quejo. A veces es más fácil aceptar cómo son las cosas en lugar de quejarse de que las cosas no son fáciles para ti. No llamaré injusto a un sistema donde las probabilidades son las mismas para todos los jugadores. Se trata de ser paciente, al igual que con la caza brillante.

Estoy de acuerdo en que el sistema podría ser más creativo, pero al menos tuvimos la oportunidad de encontrarnos con algunos legendarios ahora después de tanto tiempo. Por lo tanto, no me escucharán quejarme y llamarlo injusto.

Not complaining about what you don't like and abiding by everything without question is called conformism. Nobody says it's unfair, it's the same for everyone, we say the probability of meeting is ridiculous, we're not asking for anything out of place, just a more creative and faster way to find them. 

57 minutes ago, JaviFX said:

Not complaining about what you don't like and abiding by everything without question is called conformism. Nobody says it's unfair, it's the same for everyone, we say the probability of meeting is ridiculous, we're not asking for anything out of place, just a more creative and faster way to find them. 

Not entirely sure why you want to include the term into the conversation, but alright. 

Calling the probability ridiculous is a fair but subjective opinion, but I honestly would be concerned if there was a faster way to find the dog trio. If more creative but as time consuming, sure, I wouldn't argue against that. But making it easier/faster? I would be concerned as that's just another benefit for the lazy player. 

Even if from the PvP point of view (mine and many other's) it's not the most optimized way, I think it is overall fair due to it's accesibilty. Anyone new to the game can get a legendary by simply grinding the region, but I also get the old playerbase point of view, as they have been waiting for so long to have them finally implemented, and they didn't expect this would be the way to obtain them, but in my personal opinion I find it overall fair. (Rainbow quills are apart of this statement)