Entei encounter rate - 30h farming normal?

Hey guys,

yeah, that kinda post - is there any information on what potentially bugs the encounter rate? Like a certain particle effect or something? An ability?

I got both Suicune and Raikou in roughly 2h of farming grass patches. I didn't get Entei yet, farming on the grass patch on route 48. It's been two weeks now and well over 30h. Did I just get THAT lucky before? Cause it starts to feel kinda off

Hello,

There are no current known bugs with the legendary beasts and this is just bad luck in this case.

It is normal that players will sometimes look for it for a long time because it's hard to find and based on certain encounter odds (presumably between 1/1001 and 1/7999 but unknown as of yet) which means it's never guaranteed.

With enough determination you should be able to find it eventually so don't give up and we wish you luck! 

I totally agree with the others, it's just a matter of luck, when I looked for Raikou, it was right there on route 48, it took me about 37 hours (4-5 according to the hours in which I connect), 3 days in real time, then Entei, it took longer, a little more than 42 hours, almost 1 week of searching, 2 route changes, the guarantees of encounters of the 3 do not usually coincide, with one you can Take longer, with another less, and so on. Be patient, good luck if you are going to find it 😁

9 hours ago, Boojanglez said:

Entei encounter rate - 30h farming normal?

Hello buddy. Yes, considering the odds of 1:1000 ~ 1:8000, it's within the normal range to not find Entei in 30 hours of hunting. However, don't give up – keep hunting, and hopefully, your luck will turn around soon! ^-^

I am one of the players who haven't gotten Entei yet - can someone tell me if now is the time that I make a forum thread indicating that I have some sort of locked account or complain that it's totally unfair that I have to grind for so long? 

Or simple; I will just be patient and hope that Entei shows up *pls rng*

*Good luck to everyone still hunting. 🙂 

Edited by Seth
12 minutes ago, Seth said:

I am one of the players who haven't gotten Entei yet - can someone tell me if now is the time that I make a forum thread indicating that I have some sort of locked account or complain that it's totally unfair that I have to grind for so long? 

Or simple; I will just be patient and hope that Entei shows up *pls rng*

*Good luck to everyone still hunting. 🙂 

Be patient? No way. It's time to make another forum thread complaining >:v go ahead!

Goodluck dude, I was also one of the unlucky ones for this Entei hunt (Suicune and Raikou hunt went very fast and smooth~). I was a little bit frustrated and also asked if there something wrong or I was just unlucky. Fortunately (or perhaps unluckily) it was only my bad luck. I found the Entei today :D.

(Just my record on the legendary hunt)
image.thumb.png.c0d2a699aa3286530e3f7287de0aaf50.png

took me 15 days and 50 irl hours for entei, then 4 days later "Legendary Lures" come out. Possibly a patch to cover a bug, or they could serve a future purpose (legendary birds?), but the legendary lure thing was so random. Especially halfway thru the month and when a lot of players have had looong entei hunts. 

Just calling in to announce I actually caught the little f*cker, damn that took long. 

Thanks for all the replies, guys. Appreciate it. Was just a little confused that Suicune and Raikou were so much faster, but (thank god) I seemed to just.....have been lucky then.

Cheers

On 10/19/2023 at 11:33 PM, HolidayEx said:

took me 15 days and 50 irl hours for entei, then 4 days later "Legendary Lures" come out. Possibly a patch to cover a bug, or they could serve a future purpose (legendary birds?), but the legendary lure thing was so random. Especially halfway thru the month and when a lot of players have had looong entei hunts. 

a bandage on a broken leg in my opinion considering how terrible the entire mechanic is