Pumpking hard mode finally got Nerf

3 minutes ago, Doctor said:

The nerf: getting spammed with Soul Drain every single turn in phase 2 healing the boss more than 70% every time it does that

yeah this event is great it’s totally not a mess

Soul Drain? Did you enter with LC mons? :^)

Doctor is right xd I don't know why the second boss did 1 fever attack and he did all the other attacks all time soul drain, I could only see how I was dying I could not do more than laughting xd, it was the first game after update, people were saying yay nerfed and he killed me like never.

I don't know what happened that game, I played 3 more after and he never used soul drain and won easily.

2 minutes ago, Sergkn said:

Doctor is right xd I don't know why the second boss did 1 fever attack and he did all the other attacks all time soul drain, I could only see how I was dying I could not do more than laughting xd, it was the first game after update, people were saying yay nerfed and he killed me like never.

I don't know what happened that game, I played 3 more after and he never used soul drain and won easily.

Oh yeah I also had the same experience, sometimes it just decides to beat you to a pulp with that move from the very beginning of phase 2 and then you get runs where it doesn’t use it at all, something else changed/bugged with the update because I don’t think the boss is supposed to heal 60-70% HP every turn no matter what you do hahahaha

1 hour ago, Brazidus said:

Prenerf, I was honestly struggling to kill him on hard mode, maybe a 20% win rat.

But now with the Tyranitar/Hydreigon/Weezing strat I have like 80% winrate now.

So it's definitely easier

Likewise, I've been using the Weezing strategy, which has proven to be the most successful for most of people. Unfortunately, it seems that the boss doesn't really allow for a variety of strategies, as even my Tropius with H.A Harvest doesn't compare to the effectiveness of the Weezing strategy.

1 hour ago, Bertolfoso said:

The boss will keep using Soul Drain if it sees a kill or almost with it, and if you get low hp again (maybe with another pokemon) it will attack until it sees no kill and goes back to Fever Dream spam

no, He got crazy using that move, like I said it used fever 1 time only, it was in his first move, You know with that attack you can get asleep and little damage hits, I used one full heal on krookodile I was hurt from the first boss by some dumb mistakes but not much, so it should be used the drain in the first turn if what you say is truth, it is when I was worst, not after use the heal on krokodile 100% hp, and the other 2 with 90%, but when he drained me I had one turn in the third turn I could use a pumpkin cookie so I healed all, he wasnt using fever so I had not to use status heal, but he did soul drain again, then boss companions appear, this made the fight not posible to win, more thinking you have to go third boss almost at max of your hp. It was 1 fever attack and all other drainings, one after use a pumpkin cookie. I have no idea why in the other games he used 0 drainings being at same situation of hp.

Just now, Sergkn said:

no, He got crazy using that move, like I said it used fever 1 time only, it was in his first move, You know with that attack you can get asleep and little damage hits, I used one full heal on krookodile I was hurt from the first boss by some dumb mistakes but not much, so it should be used the drain in the first turn if what you say is truth, it is when I was worst, not after use the heal on krokodile 100% hp, and the other 2 with 90%, but when he drained me I had one turn in the third turn I could use a pumpkin cookie so I healed all, he wasnt using fever so I had not to use status heal, but he did soul drain again, then boss companions appear, this made the fight not posible to win, more thinking you have to go third boss almost at max of your hp. It was 1 fever attack and all other drainings, one after use a pumpkin cookie. I have no idea why in the other games he used 0 drainings being at same situation of hp.

of course if he drains all time he see he can kill xd, the plants on ground drain you too, so if you have not luck with the companions...

40 minutes ago, MightyMichele said:

Likewise, I've been using the Weezing strategy, which has proven to be the most successful for most of people. Unfortunately, it seems that the boss doesn't really allow for a variety of strategies, as even my Tropius with H.A Harvest doesn't compare to the effectiveness of the Weezing strategy.

not quite sure about that 

2 hours ago, Seth said:

In my experience, Soul Drain is only used by boss 2 when our field is loaded with weak mons or with low HP. 

Weirdly enough it hasn't happened again, and yeee that was my understanding, hence why it was so weird. Thankfully I'm having normal runs now, besides the occasional lil pump destroying some of them :3