New item: IVs Glasses

raulitop

Question

kWMLuur.png

There's no way to know the IVs from a pokemon if you don't caught it.

Yes, it seems a really archaic method.

Why don't we change it?

My suggestion is to add a new item: the IVs Glasses.

The item will allow us to see the IVs from a wild pokemon.

It will be linked to the account like Exp Reamplifier and Training Link.

By this way, we don't waste pokeballs to catch pokemons we don't care and goes to directly to trash or GTL.

STOP WASTING POKEBALLS GUUYS!

dvJZv5j.png

Edited by raulitop

8 answers to this question

From economic point of view, the game needs some sort of money sinks. Post-game wise, PokeBalls and breeding braces are some of the only money sinks the game has. Sure, people would have more money but with no money sinks the value of money goes down with the inflation. As a result, all collectibles, including the one you mentioned would just heavily increase in price - making the added saved money effectively useless.

4 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

From economic point of view, the game needs some sort of money sinks. Post-game wise, PokeBalls and breeding braces are some of the only money sinks the game has. Sure, people would have more money but with no money sinks the value of money goes down with the inflation. As a result, all collectibles, including the one you mentioned would just heavily increase in price - making the added saved money effectively useless.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. To even be capable of trying to balance this, the item would have to be consumable. Allowing players the ability to indefinitely see the IVs of wild spawns is simply not good long term. 

6 hours ago, raulitop said:

kWMLuur.png

There's no way to know the IVs from a pokemon if you don't caught it.

Yes, it seems a really archaic method.

Why don't we change it?

My suggestion is to add a new item: the IVs Glasses.

The item will allow us to see the IVs from a wild pokemon.

It will be linked to the account like Exp Reamplifier and Training Link.

By this way, we don't waste pokeballs to catch pokemons we don't care and goes to directly to trash or GTL.

I love the idea. If they add it as a consumable as XelaKebert mentioned and adjust the value to make expensive for everyday use but viable for events, then it could be an endgame cash sink.

On 2/18/2024 at 12:54 PM, OrangeManiac said:

I don't think so.

There are sufficient money sinks. All consumable items, shiny pokemons, comp pokemons, breeding braces, berries, other permanent items, etc.

Having this item will allow us to have better GTL market with lower prices on pokemons.

The item will allow to catch (if you want) good pokemons, saving many many time. It's not all about money.

The idea to get the item consumable is worse. If I buy an item I want it forever, not temporary like a service.

That's why I mention: It will be linked to the account like Exp Reamplifier and Training Link.

Edited by raulitop
1 minute ago, raulitop said:

There are sufficient money sinks. All consumable items, shiny pokemons, comp pokemons, breeding braces, berries, other permanent items, etc.

Money sinks are something that literally takes money out of the game, reducing the amount from the total playerbase and not just one player. A lot of what you mentioned is just money moving from one person to another, rather than being deducted from the game in general.

1 minute ago, OrangeManiac said:

Money sinks are something that literally takes money out of the game, reducing the amount from the total playerbase and not just one player. A lot of what you mentioned is just money moving from one person to another, rather than being deducted from the game in general.

Well, we also have Alpha pokemons, Swarms and capture events to waste pokeballs.

1 hour ago, raulitop said:

Well, we also have Alpha pokemons, Swarms and capture events to waste pokeballs.

And then I do a gym re-run and can farm alphas and so on for weeks again. It's so easy to generate money out of nothing. We actually need a lot more moneysinkholes. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but it would be good for the economy.

Well, it seems that I don't share the same opinion with many people on this thread.

Nonetheless, I think it's a great idea, great new feature.

I hope we can see the item temporarily or consumable.

But I support having it permanent will be better, like the Exp amplifier or Training Link.

It won't hurt anyone, the economy won't be affected.

And GTL will have better pokemons with lower prices.

Capturing with the glasses will also remain funny to get the Nature you want and get Hidden ability

Edited by raulitop