Will we see Raids come back anytime soon?

I can't give a precise ETA at this stage, but it will take some time as we're working on improving and expanding the feature. The version previewed didn't include several intended balancing and QoL/polish changes, and was limited to some of the simpler custom effects we're planning to include. The event gave us a better idea of how players approach them and how we can improve the overall experience too.

There's still a fair bit to do to get them feeling as good as we'd like them to and to create a greater variety of boss strategies to build around. We're aiming to launch them in a state we're proud of, and hoping it will be worth the wait.

1 hour ago, Rache said:

I can't give a precise ETA at this stage, but it will take some time as we're working on improving and expanding the feature. The version previewed didn't include several intended balancing and QoL/polish changes, and was limited to some of the simpler custom effects we're planning to include. The event gave us a better idea of how players approach them and how we can improve the overall experience too.

There's still a fair bit to do to get them feeling as good as we'd like them to and to create a greater variety of boss strategies to build around. We're aiming to launch them in a state we're proud of, and hoping it will be worth the wait.

nice, super excited, cant wait!

1 hour ago, Rache said:

I mean, at their current state, they're already absolutely amazing. Had so much fun doing them with friends as soon as the new ones were getting released, having banter in link chat, insulting the AI just for it to obliterate us the next turn, etc. Can't wait to see what you guys are gonna do with them next but the overall experience was no doubt the best part of the entire event for me

On 3/6/2024 at 6:07 PM, Rache said:

I was discussing something on call with some friends. A problem we've seen a lot was begginers trolling. Using teams having like, Zard and Gyarados on a Zebstrika Raid. Can we have something that blocks people from playing raids unless certain requirments get met?  

27 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

I was discussing something on call with some friends. A problem we've seen a lot was begginers trolling. Using teams having like, Zard and Gyarados on a Zebstrika Raid. Can we have something that blocks people from playing raids unless certain requirments get met?  

Being new and unprepared isn't trolling, but accessing matchmaking for higher tier raids (4✫ and above) will require beating multiple raids of the tier below them. This won't prevent people from entering with bad teams, but should improve the overall quality of teammates you can receive in solo queue for the more difficult raids that demand better teams and teamwork.

49 minutes ago, Rache said:

Being new and unprepared isn't trolling, but accessing matchmaking for higher tier raids (4✫ and above) will require beating multiple raids of the tier below them. This won't prevent people from entering with bad teams, but should improve the overall quality of teammates you can receive in solo queue for the more difficult raids that demand better teams and teamwork.

I keep comparing this to WoW but that's the MMO I played the most, and I agree with that being a requirement. To be able to join the equivalent of the matchmaking queue for raids you need to have a certain "gear score" (I know that's not the name for it anymore etc etc) and you get said gear from dungeons, so you must've engaged with similar mechanics before trying to join the harder endgame content.

I know you guys have already a lot on your plate, but it would also be nice if we had different difficulties for the same raid, kinda like, again, in WoW you get the normal, heroic and mythic raids, each giving different (and better) loot the harder they get; but essentialy being the same raid overall. The bosses and adds just have additional mechanics on top of the ones they have on the mode before, deal more damage, etc

So translating this into what we already could see in PokeMMO, maybe the normal mode for the Excadrill raid would be players being able to replace its sandstorm/it not having Sand Rush, the heroic mode would be what we got with it summoning Sandstorm* on turn 1, and maybe the mythic mode could be what we got + unbounceable Stealth Rock besides buffed stats. This would also require players to bring better bred mons for the raid, we would be able to beat the normal difficulty with whatever mon that can hit supereffectively, and progressively require perfectly IV'd and natured mons the harder the mode. Of course you guys can get way more creative than me in this 5 minutes-thought post, but I hope I explained myself good enough 😛

1 hour ago, Doctor said:

I keep comparing this to WoW but that's the MMO I played the most, and I agree with that being a requirement. To be able to join the equivalent of the matchmaking queue for raids you need to have a certain "gear score" (I know that's not the name for it anymore etc etc) and you get said gear from dungeons, so you must've engaged with similar mechanics before trying to join the harder endgame content.

I know you guys have already a lot on your plate, but it would also be nice if we had different difficulties for the same raid, kinda like, again, in WoW you get the normal, heroic and mythic raids, each giving different (and better) loot the harder they get; but essentialy being the same raid overall. The bosses and adds just have additional mechanics on top of the ones they have on the mode before, deal more damage, etc

So translating this into what we already could see in PokeMMO, maybe the normal mode for the Excadrill raid would be players being able to replace its sandstorm/it not having Sand Rush, the heroic mode would be what we got with it summoning Sandstorm* on turn 1, and maybe the mythic mode could be what we got + unbounceable Stealth Rock besides buffed stats. This would also require players to bring better bred mons for the raid, we would be able to beat the normal difficulty with whatever mon that can hit supereffectively, and progressively require perfectly IV'd and natured mons the harder the mode. Of course you guys can get way more creative than me in this 5 minutes-thought post, but I hope I explained myself good enough 😛

Although difficulty modes are a good concept in a lot of games, I don't think it's the right approach for this one as there isn't a very big statistical difference between the game's best gear (5x31 IVs + optimal nature) and the game's ultra cheap gear (15-20 IVs + decent nature), they're largely going to perform the same. The boss itself being part of the reward also means that its HA (or its species if it's legendary) can't be very valuable if everyone can easily obtain it by playing on a lower difficulty.

My preference is to instead spawn multiple raids per rotation, with at least one catering to newer players and at least one for better players. This gives everyone something to do and incentivizes building a bigger/better toolkit to be able to tackle the strongest ones at all. Individual raids aren't especially time-consuming to produce either (we have over 150 designed already), so there's less of a need to reuse the same battle for different player groups from a developer perspective when we can create more in each difficulty tier instead.

We may consider harder rematches for event raids, but probably not for the main feature.

Um... I have a Question. If they Invite me on Link in Next Raid even I'm not on Rank PVP as ELO Ranking Stuffs & without Trolling Players & Newbie Players too, will it still be Legal on Next Raid even my ELO Rank is Low on PVP? (I'm Promise that i won't do the Trolling Stuffs & i already know about their Movement & Tutorials/Guides too.)

16 minutes ago, kenjimAd said:

Um... I have a Question. If they Invite me on Link in Next Raid even I'm not on Rank PVP as ELO Ranking Stuffs & without Trolling Players & Newbie Players too, will it still be Legal on Next Raid even my ELO Rank is Low on PVP? (I'm Promise that i won't do the Trolling Stuffs & i already know about their Movement & Tutorials/Guides too.)

I'm having a bit of trouble deciphering your question, so I'll answer for the few different ways I'm interpreting it.

If you're asking if PvP will be a requirement for raids, it won't be, nor will raids affect PvP rankings.

If you're asking if raids will have their own ELO system, they won't. It isn't very desirable as it punishes players for the process of learning what a boss does by playing it themselves instead of spectating another group. Losing the first time then coming back with a better strategy is part of the intended gameplay for harder raids.

If you're asking if you can join a raid in a manually formed link without meeting the requirements to enter matchmaking for that raid tier, you will be able to. The intention behind restricting matchmaking for harder raids is to remove the least experienced players from the pool, increasing the chance that random matchmaking groups enough stronger players together for them to have a decent chance of victory. Allowing newer raiders to attempt it with their friends in a manual link doesn't clash with this goal.

On 3/15/2024 at 4:29 AM, Rache said:

The intention behind restricting matchmaking for harder raids is to remove the least experienced players from the pool, increasing the chance that random matchmaking groups enough stronger players together for them to have a decent chance of victory. Allowing newer raiders to attempt it with their friends in a manual link doesn't clash with this goal.

That is a good relief, at least i won't see someone carrying a Unfezant on higher raids.

9 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

That is a good relief, at least i won't see someone carrying a Unfezant on higher raids.

Signup requirements won't prevent people from bringing "bad" teams if they have the minimum amount of raid experience to join matchmaking, nor can we use team quality to filter people out due to how complex of a thing it is to evaluate in a game with so many options and interactions between options.

It's a decent flying attacker with access to some interesting support moves though, sometimes you might be happy to see it in the hands of someone playing it to its strengths.