can i swap versions around to get the other legendary?

Nope. Regardless of which ROM is installed, you will always encounter (and temporarily obtain Zekrom) and have access to Black City.

Hope this helps

For the Unova story you need to catch Zekrom, although once you use it in the required battles you will not keep it afterwards.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Elizn said:

For the Unova story you need to catch Zekrom, although once you use it in the required battles you will not keep it afterwards.

But why? i specifically bought this game to have the legendary!! i want to use it too

Edited by froofyowo

Only specific legendaries are able to be kept by players. Some are able to be held in their respective regions. Players are allowed to find (and keep:)

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres (Kanto)

Suicune, Raikou, Entei (Johto)

Shaymin (Can be caught once every Lunar New Year event)

5 are able to be found in the wild by a player, and must battle other players to keep ownership. These are:

Mewtwo (Kanto)

Lugia (Johto)
Rayquaza (Hoenn)

Arceus (Sinnoh)

Keldeo (Unova)

Zekrom is caught as a reqirement in Unova Story but is not permanently kept once its sequence of battles is finished

Other legendaries cannot be obtained. 

Just now, CocaRIP said:

In the actual game you can keep whatever you want.
In this mmo, you can't.

yes but i'0m asking why??? i cant play the physical game cuz i dont own a ds/3ds

Just now, Elizn said:

Only specific legendaries are able to be kept by players. Some are able to be held in their respective regions. Players are allowed to find (and keep:)

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres (Kanto)

Suicune, Raikou, Entei (Johto)

Shaymin (Can be caught once every Lunar New Year event)

5 are able to be found in the wild by a player, and must battle other players to keep ownership. These are:

Mewtwo (Kanto)

Lugia (Johto)
Rayquaza (Hoenn)

Arceus (Sinnoh)

Keldeo (Unova)

Zekrom is caught as a reqirement in Unova Story but is not permanently kept once its sequence of battles is finished

Other legendaries cannot be obtained. 

but why cant i keep it, you keep saying i cant but i want to know the reason

6 minutes ago, froofyowo said:

But why? i specifically bought this game to have the legendary!! i want to use it too

1 minute ago, froofyowo said:

Yes, i bought the physical rom because i dont want to pirate

well then you can play the physical rom, for yourself, if you only bought it specifically to have the legendaries.

This is an mmo, with 5 regions, for reasons you cant have everything (balance/etc)

Just now, froofyowo said:

yes but i'0m asking why??? i cant play the physical game cuz i dont own a ds/3ds

download an emulator and play it, you managed to download pokemmo so an emulator cant be hard to find.

1 minute ago, Znooz said:

well then you can play the physical rom, for yourself, if you only bought it specifically to have the legendaries.

This is an mmo, with 5 regions, for reasons you cant have everything (balance/etc)

download an emulator and play it, you managed to download pokemmo so an emulator cant be hard to find.

wdym balance?? just ban them from PVP like they do in the main games wtf

The game has a very active PvP scene, and most legendaries are way too strong for PvP.
Besides that, the game is an MMO, which means that the economy of the game, the balance and the progression, all need to be kept in check.
Having strong Legendaries for free without any trouble, would conflict with all the things I meantioned above.

Would be cool to have every single legendary? Sure. Would it make the game worse in the long term? Probably yes.

2 minutes ago, froofyowo said:

but why cant i keep it, you keep saying i cant but i want to know the reason

Other legendries cannot be caught or kept because of how powerful they are and would make battling with them extremely easy. Even endgame battles. 

2 minutes ago, Elizn said:

Other legendries cannot be caught or kept because of how powerful they are and would make battling with them extremely easy. Even endgame battles. 

Just ban them from the pvp then like in the main games, dont rob players of what they're working hard to get

2 minutes ago, CocaRIP said:

The game has a very active PvP scene, and most legendaries are way too strong for PvP.
Besides that, the game is an MMO, which means that the economy of the game, the balance and the progression, all need to be kept in check.
Having strong Legendaries for free without any trouble, would conflict with all the things I meantioned above.

Would be cool to have every single legendary? Sure. Would it make the game worse in the long term? Probably yes.

Just ban them from the pvp then like in the main games, dont rob players of what they're working hard to get

I'll give it one more try.
With an example from the real world.
If you give 1.000.000$ to everyone in the world, everyone would be a millionaire, but would it end poverty?

It wouldn't because every single product in the world would rise in price, and in the meantime even something like bread would probably end up costing 100.000$.
That said, including extremely unbalanced stuff would hurt the game in the long term.

It's not only about pvp, it's about the economy, it's about the events, it's about the gym reruns, the elite 4 reruns, it's about every single point in the game that could be affected.

So, is it worthy? Not really.

One of my favourite Pokémons ever is Groudon, would I like to have it? 100%. Will be good for the game? Probably not.

Posted (edited)

then how am i supposed to complete the pokedex when i cant get the legendaries??????????

1 minute ago, CocaRIP said:

I'll give it one more try.
With an example from the real world.
If you give 1.000.000$ to everyone in the world, everyone would be a millionaire, but would it end poverty?

It wouldn't because every single product in the world would rise in price, and in the meantime even something like bread would probably end up costing 100.000$.
That said, including extremely unbalanced stuff would hurt the game in the long term.

It's not only about pvp, it's about the economy, it's about the events, it's about the gym reruns, the elite 4 reruns, it's about every single point in the game that could be affected.

So, is it worthy? Not really.

One of my favourite Pokémons ever is Groudon, would I like to have it? 100%. Will be good for the game? Probably not.

i'll give it one more try
let players have the legendaries but dont let them use it in pvp, simple

Edited by froofyowo
12 minutes ago, froofyowo said:

then how am i supposed to complete the pokedex when i cant get the legendaries?????????

There are things that require having the complete pokedex, to complete it you dont need any legendary since there are only 7 obtainable permanent and 6 temporary, over time there will be more

3 minutes ago, Turqueso said:

There are things that require having the complete pokedex, to complete it you dont need any legendary since there are only 7 obtainable permanent and 6 temporary, over time there will be more

and what abput the pokemon from black? i have white so i cant get those 

Just now, froofyowo said:

and what abput the pokemon from black? i have white so i cant get those 

There are no "version exclusives" here, it doesn't matter at all which version you imported, you can access all of the pokemon from both

Our limit point being, the easy solution is pvp ban. The real problem with PvE. Retire to showdown or come to terms with our limitations and work around it. Zekrom/reshiram/groudon/kyogre. Its all the same. Its PvE thats the concern, and they deal with that in tier council chat combined with @Rache final say. Adapt or move on. Its very simple

Edited by CanadaSorry
22 hours ago, froofyowo said:

Yes, i bought the physical rom because i dont want to pirate

Why cant i keep the legendary????????????????

if you bought the physical rom you can still play it via emulator since you extracted the rom for pokemmo. unless you lied and you wouldnt do that, would you?????