Chain shiny

Febian93

Question

9 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Febian93 said:

Chain shiny : As in the original work, the chance of shiny increases after killing or capturing the same monster

Nope, the chances are around 1/30k all the time, the chances can be increased with donator status and shiny charms, i believe it's 10% per item so its like 1/27k if u have one of those or around 1/24k if u have both. They are consumable so it's not a forever buff, shiny charms last 1h each and donator has 3 options: 7 days, 15 days and 30 days.

Each encounter has that rate, so if u seach for shinys in hordes it has the same chance but ur saving time bc ur looking at 5 possible shinies at once if the horde has 5 pokemon.

Edited by BrokenTed
2 hours ago, BrokenTed said:

Nope, the chances are around 1/30k all the time, the chances can be increased with donator status and shiny charms, i believe it's 10% per item so its like 1/27k if u have one of those or around 1/24k if u have both. They are consumable so it's not a forever buff, shiny charms last 1h each and donator has 3 options: 7 days, 15 days and 30 days.

Each encounter has that rate, so if u seach for shinys in hordes it has the same chance but ur saving time bc ur looking at 5 possible shinies at once if the horde has 5 pokemon.

He is giving a suggestion, not asking how the shiny rate works. Quite an interesting suggestion although it will most definitely cripple the shiny market. If something like this is ever implemented then it should not count towards eggs and rather only towards wild encounters. (Hordes excluded).  Something like each 5 pokemon encountered of the same species (single encounters) will bring the shiny rate down from 1/30000 to 1/29999 for the specific pokemon. Not a ridiculous suggestion imo. This being said you'd have to enncounter 150k wild quilavas in order to guarantee a shiny one if of course RNG doesn't favor you by getting one in less encounters. 

Suggestion aint that bad.

30k is exhausting, 24k still is. Going down to 1:20k doesnt sound too bad to me. (for normal shinies while secrets would be unaffected)

Basically everytime i stop playing, its because a shiny hunt dragged too much of my motivation. I stop playing for weeks and so i observe it with other player.

1:30k is a big number with a lot of RNG involved. But it prolly all boils down to how much time people want and most likely can spent. Some people apparently can hunt 8hours a day for years, while other cant, but still like to shiny hunt.

With secret shinies and alpha shinies, there is still enough exclusive stuff to hunt/grind/farm for.

This suggestion seems ridiculous at first, but the mechanic itself could serve to benefit the game.

Let me explain:

Encouraging catching Pokémon is beneficial to the market, and inherently the players. For example, should the shiny rate be universally increased to 1/35k, you could then earn a buff returning the normal 1/30k for that species.

The shiny buff could be earned through catching 10 of the species and this could happen every 4 hours(?). This would encourage something shunters passively avoid.. contributing to the market & catching Pokémon.

The buffs for the species could also vary in amount based on the number of GTL listings that species has.

Anyways, thanks for bringing this up!

18 hours ago, Febian93 said:

Chain shiny : As in the original work, the chance of shiny increases after killing or capturing the same monster

This would drastically reduce the shiny value for most shinies in common payday/pick up areas which is bad for a number of reasons I don't want to get into.

Shiny value is determined by the market. What if there are many people playing this game, even if the market value is low?
If the online game lasts more than 1000 hours, I think the points you can play are PvP and Hunt Shiny. If there are still people who want to continue playing, they need to add new mechanisms or new game areas. This suggestion will encourage more people to continue playing games and hunt shiny

1 hour ago, Febian93 said:

This suggestion will encourage more people to continue playing games and hunt shiny

And most of all, to breed shinies. So maybe the value wont lower all too much. 

However, for me it would be a huge motivation to shunt more consistently.

30k is just a bit too much to keep the motivation at bay. I may shunt for a couple of days for some hours, so donator is not really worth it to lower the rate or to pay for it.

Edited by Johnwaynee

1st of all there is a huge difference between defeating or catching a Pokémon to these odds things.

If the shiny rate of that species would go down, every single decent spot for exp training would pop shinies like fresh bread.

Catching them would take longer, but at the end of the day, what this suggestion is nothing but a guaranteed shiny after X ammount of Pokémons.