[Implemented] Show hidden power in the summery screen after you used a starpiece for it.

The reason for this is simple, i can say my kingdra is HP electric but i have no real way to prove it outside of lvling it to a point that will narrow the ivs enough to take away all doubt about it. It basically makes HP trading a lot safer, and HP has become a much bigger thing that it use to be so to me making trading for HP safer would be a great thing to do.

The reason for this is simple, i can say my kingdra is HP electric but i have no real way to prove it outside of lvling it to a point that will narrow the ivs enough to take away all doubt about it. It basically makes HP trading a lot safer, and HP has become a much bigger thing that it use to be so to me making trading for HP safer would be a great thing to do.

Pretty much the only way to remember which HP a given poke has is to nickname it something stupid like "hp ice", which means you'll just have to waste money changing the name later. This is a great idea, and would completely do away with that. +1

I don't see the need for this, even not in game you use a laptop/desktop/netbook etc. pretty much these always come with programs/accesories called "Notepad" or "Sticky Notes"

Those are what I use to remember the names, I nickname my pokeman, put it on the Sticky Note, narrow the IVs, find Hidden Power and put a dash then the HP Type.

It doesn't take that long of use and I don't think it should be done to take up the Devs time when we can use something that's already on our computer.

I don't see the need for this, even not in game you use a laptop/desktop/netbook etc. pretty much these always come with programs/accesories called "Notepad" or "Sticky Notes"

Those are what I use to remember the names, I nickname my pokeman, put it on the Sticky Note, narrow the IVs, find Hidden Power and put a dash then the HP Type.

It doesn't take that long of use and I don't think it should be done to take up the Devs time when we can use something that's already on our computer.

Personally i don't like exit the game for watch other stuff on my PC, usually i play on full screen mode, so is just annoying.

The perfect solution is put the info about the HP in game interface, and forgot about notepads etc.

Of course maybe is not the "must have" feature, but still good idea.

The need isnt for my own benefit. I can write down hp and IVs too. But if i want to buy or sell something with a specific HP how am i to prove or have proof of the hp without leveling the pokemon to a level that allows the IVs to be narrow enough to prove w/o a doubt that the poke does indeed have the HP i or the person i am buy from says it has.

The need isnt for my own benefit. I can write down hp and IVs too. But if i want to buy or sell something with a specific HP how am i to prove or have proof of the hp without leveling the pokemon to a level that allows the IVs to be narrow enough to prove w/o a doubt that the poke does indeed have the HP i or the person i am buy from says it has.

As you level it to be a comp, use Metalkid the have that copied and saved. If you're trading, always test it before hand, that part is pretty common sense though.

U do have a real way to prove it. Just duel the guy who question if it really is HP electric and then try it against some pokemon with weakness and resistance to electric. Example Gyarados and Tangela (rock is also effective vs gyarados but normal to tangela where electric is not very effective at tangela)

U do have a real way to prove it. Just duel the guy who question if it really is HP electric and then try it against some pokemon with weakness and resistance to electric. Example Gyarados and Tangela (rock is also effective vs gyarados but normal to tangela where electric is not very effective at tangela)

you can test it and have that person spectate, however that takes time and effort. this will make it easier for lazy people like me. especially if you have 50 horsea's you just bred or whatever.

I actually have never thought about that. Good idea for the time being, but it would still be nice to have it displayed on the stat screen after you paid the starpiece to the psychic in Lavander town. That would also raise the value of starpeices and make grinding them more worth it.

i support this, its very possible when making a trade to scam the shit out of someone. lvl 14 timid eevee hp ice.. prove it to them in battle with a lvl 14 hp ice eevee and then trade them a lvl 14 timid eevee without hp ice. the buyer wont know till he tests it himself and by then its too late to do anything about it. i personally havent seen anyone use this trick but its something im very weary of everytime i trade for a ut. this and grecks suggestion in the second post will make this less of a problem.

[spoiler] sorry for giving little shitheads a great idea [/spoiler]

i support this, its very possible when making a trade to scam the shit out of someone. lvl 14 timid eevee hp ice.. prove it to them in battle with a lvl 14 hp ice eevee and then trade them a lvl 14 timid eevee without hp ice. the buyer wont know till he tests it himself and by then its too late to do anything about it. i personally havent seen anyone use this trick but its something im very weary of everytime i trade for a ut. this and grecks suggestion in the second post will make this less of a problem.

[spoiler] sorry for giving little shitheads a great idea [/spoiler]

you can always request a screen shot showing only the one eevee in the party during the fight and ask for a link of that eevee and check the hatch time and compare to the one in the trade box if you really dont trust the guy

you can always request a screen shot showing only the one eevee in the party during the fight and ask for a link of that eevee and check the hatch time and compare to the one in the trade box if you really dont trust the guy

long process, rather just see the hp on the poke if its been confirmed

or, you know, ground...

ground is not very effective to tangela and doesnt affect gyarados.... Not sure if I misunderstood what you meant with ground but ye.

i meant that if you are trying to prove hp electric, using it vs a ground poke is the best option

I agree with this idea. However, what about those who don't use starpueces to determine HP? Personally I just test HP against Karps, pidgeys, rattatas, gastlys, and bellsprouts/abras. This way I save money and time (honestly I am able to check this well before the next egg hatches). For people who use this method, would the Hidden Power summary stay as "???" . I do think it is a good idea, but I think it is a bit more complex than it seems... (unless it is changed to where the HP is determined in the summary automatically at lvl 1, but I don't think people want that).

man I can ramble.

Perhaps for the method I mentioned above, there could be a flag system. This could possibly work where the effectiveness of the HP is recorded according to the type it was used against. There would be a separate tab that lists all of the possible HP types.

i.e. omanyte uses HP against pidgey
step 1
Has no effect against flying = true
Has no effect against normal = true
(types listed are narrowed to ghost and ground)

step 2 omanyte uses HP against rattata
Has no effect against normal = false
(now only ground is listed)

therefore HP = Ground

If starpieces are used, in the HP summary tab it would immediately narrow it down to the type described by the man in Lavendar. 

Edited by XelaKebert
Please don't double post

Perhaps for the method I mentioned above, there could be a flag system. This could possibly work where the effectiveness of the HP is recorded according to the type it was used against. There would be a separate tab that lists all of the possible HP types.

step 1

therefore HP = Ground

If starpieces are used, in the HP summary tab it would immediately narrow it down to the type described by the man in Lavendar.

That's a good idea as far as convenience goes, which is exactly why it's a bad idea. One of the good parts of this suggestion would be the added value to the star piece, giving us more lolpokemmoeconomy

Breeding made it so creating pokemon with almost the excact same IVs is super easy. I found that all the Eevees I bred had the excact same stats at level 14 (same EVs as well since I used the Tangela patch to level up. That made it a lot harder to keep track of which Eevee is what.

I agree with this idea. However, what about those who don't use starpueces to determine HP? Personally I just test HP against Karps, pidgeys, rattatas, gastlys, and bellsprouts/abras. This way I save money and time (honestly I am able to check this well before the next egg hatches). For people who use this method, would the Hidden Power summary stay as "???" . I do think it is a good idea, but I think it is a bit more complex than it seems... (unless it is changed to where the HP is determined in the summary automatically at lvl 1, but I don't think people want that).

man I can ramble.

step 1

therefore HP = Ground

Yea my suggestion does 2 main things

1st and the most improtant makes HP trading safer. You cant scam by lying about a poke HP. (not that that has been a problem.)

2nd Makes the value of star pieces and their usefulness goes up. In order to trade a poke with an HP you have to get a starpiece. Otherwise you wont get ppl to buy.

If you implemented a flag system then #2 would just disappear. Personally idc about the convenience this suggestion adds (which it does make keeping up with ur hp pokes more convenient) or the lack of convenience it adds to ppl who test HP by using the move on certain pokemon. And even for those ppl, you can test the move and if its a good HP you can still use a starpiece so that you dont get it confused with the rest of the pokes. 

Yea my suggestion does 2 main things

1st and the most improtant makes HP trading safer. You cant scam by lying about a poke HP. (not that that has been a problem.)

2nd Makes the value of star pieces and their usefulness goes up. In order to trade a poke with an HP you have to get a starpiece. Otherwise you wont get ppl to buy.

If you implemented a flag system then #2 would just disappear. Personally idc about the convenience this suggestion adds (which it does make keeping up with ur hp pokes more convenient) or the lack of convenience it adds to ppl who test HP by using the move on certain pokemon. And even for those ppl, you can test the move and if its a good HP you can still use a starpiece so that you dont get it confused with the rest of the pokes. 

The thought that "star pieces will rise in price" due to your method is questionable. I say this because star dust is fairly easy to obtain (in relation to other items), and once people start seeing the price of star-items rising, then you will also see a rise in those willing to farm star dusts. Due to the flood of people farming star dusts (as I would predict) the price would crash. I don't think that trying to rise the price of star pieces is a good idea.

However, I do like the concept of including a Hidden Power summary...

To add to this suggestion, I made a quick mock up of how easy it should be to display the hidden power type.

I like OP's idea of using the hp checker as 'flag', because as of now is pretty much useless, with all the breeding tms and such, so adding this 'funcion' will be pretty neat and useful. And yes, it will be used, even if you know your pokémon's hidden power, when trading or when having a bunch of pokémon that are pretty much the same, having the hidden power type in-game is worth to spend a star piece.

[spoiler]

Any pokémon that knows the move hidden power:

2e4f5f8.png

When you pay a star piece to the psychic in lavender town:

m9vfyu.png

[/spoiler]

The thought that "star pieces will rise in price" due to your method is questionable. I say this because star dust is fairly easy to obtain (in relation to other items), and once people start seeing the price of star-items rising, then you will also see a rise in those willing to farm star dusts. Due to the flood of people farming star dusts (as I would predict) the price would crash. I don't think that trying to rise the price of star pieces is a good idea.

However, I do like the concept of including a Hidden Power summary...

Also, people would just test to find out which HP they have, and if its good use a star piece. If you know you have HP Poison, why would you pay to have it confirmed?