Best PvP Players & Teams of PokeMMO

Update: JSTUD ties uMadBrah and TopQuake for 4th Place with his recent 2nd place appearance. Burntzebra and DoubleJJ each move up with inclusion of their wins in the OU and UU Old School Marathon Tournaments, respectively.

Wait what

uMadBrah (isn't he banned) and TopQuake still play?

Never mind, I'm stupid

Wait what

uMadBrah (isn't he banned) and TopQuake still play?

This is a collective which includes data from all officials listed in your Hall of Fame thread. Their prior wins garnered them each a spot on this list.

inb4 raaidn #1 got damn

Homie is closing in on a place in this thread. Sadly he's only at 4 points right meow =(

would you mind making a new list for best players, a more recent one?

like leave out players that don't play anymore/are banned

no masters points (cuz we have no more masters)

cuz like 60% of those people don't even play anymore

or like only include the tournaments from after masters

or if you have a better idea do that

it would be nice having a recent list of the best players that still actively play competitive

Reform

That's a really good idea, and a part of me wants to do that, but the players listed here are truly the best this game has seen. We cannot discredit the work and success that each of them have put in and achieved simply because they no longer play. If that were the case then what do we truly have to strive for? Do we want a list full of individuals with one or two wins? No. Do we want the legends of this game to be forgotten despite having more success than the person we would be replacing him/her with? No.

In regards to the Master's Series, many of the players today were around during those events, unfortunately many didn't have much success then. The Master's Events were truly a cut above the rest. Reserve lists extended into the 30's and 40's, and some of these events even included 64-person tournaments. It was the Golden Age of PokeMMO. Winning a Master's event meant something, and it is expressed here. Everyone who played then knew what a Master's win meant. It is a shame though that there are no events similar to this today, but they should, and are, still recognized as premiere events which took hard work and dedication to earn.

Above all though, this is a list which includes all Official Wins. You can't remove half the list because you want to see your friends up there. Your friends, and other players, need to earn their spot. PokeMMO is still alive and official tournaments are being held almost weekly now. Everyone has a chance to climb the ladder, so get out there and do it. Burntzebra and jayfeatskydd are doing it, and players on the list continue to add to their impressive numbers.

EDIT: Your arguments are valid though, breaking into the Top 3, or even 5, is damn near impossible. There will be opportunities in the future, I'm sure, to earn bonus points similarly to Master's events. I just haven't seen those kind of opportunities yet in official tournaments, as they have been very generic. For example, if a tournament is ever 64 players deep, I would include an extra point for that win. I have also reformed the scoring system previously to place less weight on the Master's winners, so it's not like I'm just lifting these players up willy-nilly.

EDIT2: I have also considered lowering the +2 for a Master's Invite to a +1. This seems appropriate, but then again it would also see my own name move up on the list, which may be construed as narcissistic.

wall of text hue

also i didn't mean replacing it just adding another list, incase you didn't get what i meant

but yea i do agree with what you said

edit: or maybe something like seasons?

like example: league of legends season

wich ends after like a year and your stats get reset etc

(obviously keep previous seasons tho)

woops

I can dig that, but it would simply be a pain in the ass to manage. It would be fun to have a monthly list held with wins included there, unfortunately not many players win multiple official events in one month and thus the list would look like this:

DoubleJJ - 1

Burnt       - 1

jay           - 1

twofist     - 1

At least until it is reset the next month. If that's what we want, well just go look in the Hall of Fame and see recent wins there. It won't take long for the newer players to break into the Top 10.

I could include unofficials, but honestly, I was opposed to it before and I'm still opposed to it now. They just don't have the player base that an official has. Pokedaily tournaments are basically PoAu, AW, and LYLE. I don't want to award points like that.

In my opinion twofist, I would suggest making a suggestion (hue) to staff. Request a yearly Master's Series. There still is time in my opinion. Make it smaller and less time consuming. Host two NU, UU, and OU tournaments a month for the remainder of the year. In January hold a final tournament for the winners of each of those events. Pokedaily hosts due it every month. I think staff can do it on a smaller, yet larger, scale (smaller because less entries duh).

Update: Some recent shake-ups after today's Little Cup Tournament. Daniellegal has moved into a four-way tie for 4th (16 points) with this win. Coming in second today was Jayfeatskydd, propelling himself into a tie with LeGaryOak in 10th (8 points)

A change in scoring will be coming soon which will nerf the impact of the Master's Series. This change will allow for advancement of players that were not involved in the Master's Series as those top spots would require an absurd number of official wins to reach.

EDIT: Updated with new scoring system. Master & Underdog Invites were nerfed to 1 point each (previously 2), Master Winners were nerfed to 2 points each (previously 3), and Master of Masters Winner was nerfed to 3 points (previously 5). These changes were made to provide more balance reflecting our current meta.