Mixed Tiers Showdown [May 10th]

Ditto for the swag as my first NU pokemon.

Prepare to face my Unown

Also question: Can I use more then 2 UU or NU pokemons? Like, one OU, one UU and 4 NU? Or I have to strictly use 2 OU, 2 UU and 2 NU?

2 OUs does not fit my team :|

Prepare to face my Unown

Also question: Can I use more then 2 UU or NU pokemons? Like, one OU, one UU and 4 NU? Or I have to strictly use 2 OU, 2 UU and 2 NU?

2 OUs does not fit my team :|

Explanation:

Each team must consist of 2 OU Pokemon, 2 UU Pokemon, and 2 NU Pokemon. Having more than 2 of any tier will result in disqualification. 

Explanation:

Each team must consist of 2 OU Pokemon, 2 UU Pokemon, and 2 NU Pokemon. Having more than 2 of any tier will result in disqualification.

Actully, any NU Pokemon is also considered OU and UU, but the opposite isn't true, so i could potentially use Dunsparce and Relicanth as OU pokes, Tangela and Swalot as UU pokes and Gastly and Abra as NU....but i guess this is gonna be based on the list, so 2 from OU list, 2 from UU lists, 2 from NU list

If you guys feel differently and think being able to use more than 2 in the lowers tiers is what you want let me know and I will make a decision by the end of today(est). I'm all for giving you guys what you want so just post your opinion.

Silly poll if you guys want to vote on it: poll removed.
The poll will not decide on what the final outcome is, it's just for people who don't want to post their reasoning here in the thread.

If you guys feel differently and think being able to use more than 2 in the lowers tiers is what you want let me know and I will make a decision by the end of today(est). I'm all for giving you guys what you want so just post your opinion.

Silly poll if you guys want to vote on it: http://goo.gl/Y4sjUN
The poll will not decide on what the final outcome is, it's just for people who don't want to post their reasoning here in the thread.

I see no objections against it, lower-tier pokes are usually considered weaker so player who uses them puts himself at disadvantage (virtually).

Also it revives my plans for an Unown sweep \o/

The reason mixed tier tournaments usually allow lower tier pokemon to be used as higher tier is that they still count as part of the higher tier. When there's an OU tournament, we're still allowed to use UU and NU pokemon, because they're also part of the tier.

At the same time, it's not really a big deal, because if you don't use 2 OU and 2 UU pokemon, it's going to be a disadvantage for you. But it leaves a little more room for creativity, so I'd say it's preferable.

I voted yes, but kinda regret it since I didn't read it properly. If its a mixed tiers tournament, you need to incentivize people to use some NUs even if its by force, otherwise there really isn't any reason to run NUs if you could just have 4 UU pokemon.

So imo best thing would be to allow people to have more than 2 NUs in their team but not more than 2 UUs

I voted yes, but kinda regret it since I didn't read it properly. If its a mixed tiers tournament, you need to incentivize people to use some NUs even if its by force, otherwise there really isn't any reason to run NUs if you could just have 4 UU pokemon.

So imo best thing would be to allow people to have more than 2 NUs in their team but not more than 2 UUs

I think when she says "use more than 2 UU pokemon" it would mean the extra UUs are in place of the OUs. You would still have to use at least 2 NU pokemon no matter what.