[Implemented] Pokemmo Pokemon showdown server

I'm not sure if this would be possible, but I'd like to see a showdown server (or any battle simulator, maybe even in game?) that follows pokemmo rules but we can make the Pokemon as instantly as we can in showdown. One reason suspect testing things might not have been as effective as it could have been, is having to take a LONG time to make a new comp. you have to breed, ev, and level it. Idk about you but I don't want replace baton pass on my hp Ice jolteon if it gets unbanned someday.

This simulator could be opened only for times when we have suspect tests related to bans (Maybe use upstairs PCs?) and we could have a ladder and require users to reach a certain ranking to be able to vote on if something should or should not be banned. (Much like smogons suspect test ladders).

This would solve a lot of the recent complaints about the tier council. It would give the power to the people who actually play, and the tier council could be in charge of choosing which things get suspected, instead of immediately giving the power to ban to 4 people. (No offense to any of the tier council, I think they are all knowledgeable players, but they aren't the only knowledgable players.)

Tldr: suspect test ladders either in game or on a private showdown server (would be less work since a lot of it would ready be done)

Sorry for grammar/spelling mistakes I wrote this on my phone while watching family guy

Showdown doesn't have anything with pokemmos implement Pokemon and following it's mechanics, that's the point.

*cough* gen 3 *cough* Just use the pokemon implemented in this game and ta-da.

Also

tldr: suspect test ladders either in game or on a private showdown server (would be less work since a lot of it would ready be done)

I dont see this happening

*cough* gen 3 *cough* Just use the pokemon implemented in this game and ta-da.

Also

I dont see this happening

even still. Gen 3 in showdown is not the same as it is here. There are various different small details that shape the two metas into completely different pictures.

Still. I agree with you, this won't happen. I say this mainly because I think that it would draw a lot of people, but as a result the number of ingame players would drastically decline, and there is nothing as discouraging about an MMO than a barren world with no one to talk to. However that is my own speculation.

even still. Gen 3 in showdown is not the same as it is here. There are various different small details that shape the two metas into completely different pictures.

Still. I agree with you, this won't happen. I say this mainly because I think that it would draw a lot of people, but as a result the number of ingame players would drastically decline, and there is nothing as discouraging about an MMO than a barren world with no one to talk to. However that is my own speculation.

There could be an in game simulator that is only open during suspect tests
  • 9 months later...