[Art] [Writing] [Contest] A Legendary Contest

Uroko

Part of it, explained to me by various people, had to do with not wanting the judges to have to read novels(what you said may have been true, perhaps there were some less appealing novels that would have been done, but they would still have had to read it all to properly judge). Part had to do with the difference between what a person could do with 2000 words vs what a person could do with a novel is vastly different and I suppose wouldn't be fair.  If anybody else wants to comment on it feel free to.

I think you make a very good point. There is a difference between what a person can do in 2000 words and what a person can do in 10000. Normally it is harder to write well with a small word limit and I think having the limit at 2000 challenges writers even more. I know when a word limit is put in front of me, that I always tend to struggle with 1000-2000 word limits for stories compared to open ended word limits. Word limits force writers to make every word count and not to waste too much space. Plus,some of the artist may be wait for the story rough draft to be written in order to get an idea of what their writer described the fight as. So if someone is writing a longer story, it may take them more time to write it all, forcing the artist to rush through their work. Of course that isn't always the case, but I know as an artist if I am writing for a story, I like to have the scene written out for me before I attempt to draw it.

Can't wait to get started on this contest Munya! My writing skills are 3good5u ;)

And of course, I have Sakura who will only hold me back :>

[spoiler]<3[/spoiler]

lol did eggplant tell you to edit this?  Here I was about to reply to the original message.

Edited by Uroko

So, what do these two changes do to the prize, I will still be doing this and adding to it occasionally, but is it still worth going after for people?

• Shard costs for certain move tutors have been reduced.
  • Global fishing rates have been increased.

<p>

So, what do these two changes do to the prize, I will still be doing this and adding to it occasionally, but is it still worth going after for people?

• Shard costs for certain move tutors have been reduced.
  • Global fishing rates have been increased.
well obviously the price of shards is going to plummet but honestly i still think it will be worth it. I just feel bad that you farmed all of them just to find this out :/ Either way I'm having fun with this contest xD

I'm not bothered by the farming, honestly increased fishing rates was something i actually wanted regardless of how it effected prices.

I think they will still be a gigantic pain in the ass though, I am pretty sure that just means you will get "there wasn't even a nibble" or whatever less often. The big changing factor is probably the price reduction on moves.

I'm not bothered by the farming, honestly increased fishing rates was something i actually wanted regardless of how it effected prices.
I think they will still be a gigantic pain in the ass though, I am pretty sure that just means you will get "there wasn't even a nibble" or whatever less often. The big changing factor is probably the price reduction on moves.

I tried farming green shards once. I went through the whole in game night time and only seen one relicanth... with no shard :/

Here, and then I will put a link to them in the second post.  Also make sure your partner posts somewhere in the thread(this is to help me weed out single person entries)

Got it, i appreciate the quick reply :P

EDIT: Another dumb question: are entries limited to just 1 picture?

Edited by TatsuyaSuo

Got it, i appreciate the quick reply :P

EDIT: Another dumb question: are entries limited to just 1 picture?

Art:

A minimum of 2 images must be submitted.

There is no maximum image count.

No size restrictions apply.

Any medium is accepted.

Art:

A minimum of 2 images must be submitted.

There is no maximum image count.

No size restrictions apply.

Any medium is accepted.

How did i miss that? x.x gg

Thanks again ^^

Edited by TatsuyaSuo
  • 2 weeks later...

Does everything to be completely original? Original as in not copy pasting how you meet Suicune alongside the HGSS Suicune Hunter person in Cerulean Cape.  Is there in a limit in which canonical references such as a player encountering a Ho-Oh or Lugia in HGSS for instance should be mentioned or it is just not recommended in general? 

Does everything to be completely original? Original as in not copy pasting how you meet Suicune alongside the HGSS Suicune Hunter person in Cerulean Cape.  Is there in a limit in which canonical references such as a player encountering a Ho-Oh or Lugia in HGSS for instance should be mentioned or it is just not recommended in general? 

From what I can tell, you can use an In-game event, as long as you make it your own story.

Opinions, Uroko/Munya?

Edited by Inarin