[Art] [Writing] [Contest] A Legendary Contest

Uroko

Shame, but i'd say save it for a different contest or yourself

Oh, the extra shards are either being handed out to first as well, or being sold to support other tournaments/events(such as the bee tournament) if nobody else enters, but still a few days left, I just get anxious in the last few days.

Edited by Munya

No promises, but I think I can hammer something out tonight that way the judges at least have something to consider. Not sure where ploe is on her artwork but I'm sure she can get something in, as well :)

Definitely can't throw something together soon enough :/ Got an essay due tonight that I'm halfway done with, an exam tomorrow, and I'll gone all weekend

Definitely can't throw something together soon enough :/ Got an essay due tonight that I'm halfway done with, an exam tomorrow, and I'll gone all weekend

No worries at all, I completely understand. January has just been such a busy month with school starting back up. I'll still try to throw together a writing submission and maybe I can just be docked points for not having artwork? What do you think, munya?

I think more competitions like this would be nice.

I would love to draw or write a story with a partner, knowing that the whole would be judged on the collaboration.

I've recently escaped writer's block, so hopefully there'll be more.

It really sucks that people don't get involved in this kind of constests aside from officials, though it took long enough to find a good partner, maybe that's the reason very few people participated

That was really the issue, and the worry I had when i decided to host it, but I wanted to see how it would do.

That was really the issue, and the worry I had when i decided to host it, but I wanted to see how it would do.

I also noticed the lack of original artists, besides the people you can find in the forums, there's not many to choose from, 3 people asked me if i had a partner already, they just couldn't find anyone.

Edited by TatsuyaSuo

In a couple of hours you'll have my entry and Tatsu's

The Hype is real (not really). Actually...

Writer: Saramura (Required Post)

Artist: TatsuyaSuo

"A Fateful Encounter"

People say that, with every ending comes a new beginning, although from my perspective, my story probably started with an ending; Have you ever felt like you're missing or forgetting something? I'll assume you do so I can feel like my narrative skills live up to my own expectations. I would feel it all the time, even after I double... Triple-check, I'd still feel that uneasiness, as if I was missing something important which I could not live without, I grew accostumed to this and it became a part of Me and dealing with It became part of my daily routine, and when I turned 12 and I was ready to set off on my own journey to the Pokemon League, that day was no exception.

Even after all the items in my list were crossed out and ticked more than once, I spent what seemed like hours walking around the house, making sure I wasn't missing something just because I forgot to add it to the list, my poor Elly, a sentret we found in the Viridian Forest little over a year ago while it was still an egg, looked at me with an expression of concern everytime I came back to the hallway just to find she was still sitting there, after the 4th time I checked up on her, I sat down and as Elly always does, she sat on my lap and licked my face in a clumsy but cute attempt to soothe my problematic mind.

1Def_zpsrkc94uyq.png

"I'm sorry, you know I get like this, and this being such a big day doesn't help either..."; Elly then licked my left cheek again and ran towards the doorway, where she sat and turned around with her eyes fixed on me, as if impatiently saying "Are you waiting for me to carry you around?", I chuckled and followed the Scout Pokemon to the exit where my mom was waiting for us, she's never been a big fan of goodbyes, and neither have I. We hugged each other tightly just before I stepped out of the house, I heard a faint sniffing sound behind me, I turned around and looked at her once more, her eyes were teary and she was obviously trying to hold back from crying... "I'll see you soon..." I said as I turned my back and ran out to Route 2, I wouldn't be surprised if she just stood there and stopped acting "tough" as she saw me walking further and further away untill she could no longer see me.

Fortunately, the path from Viridian to Pewter City wasn't very long, to reach Route 2, we had to go through the forest, that's where my Dad found Elly and my excitement only grew stronger when i saw that glimmer on Elly's eyes. Upon entering the forest, i was greeted with such a soothing aroma, something odd has happened, all the flowers had bloomed way out of season, at first i thought it was a grass type pokemon's doing such as bellossom, but that was not possible, this forest is well known for being home to a lot of different bug-type pokemon, even though one can sometimes find pikachu in here, for a grass pokemon to live in a place where it can easily get eaten by all those bugs seemed kind of far-fetched. Elly wouldn't stop bouncing around in excitement, as we walked deeper into the forest, i felt... watched, but i didn't feel uncomfortable, it was more as if someone was watching over me. I slowly dismissed this as i walked around with Elly looking for some bugs, it was then when i saw it, i barely caught a glimpse of it, floating around at an incredible speed, it was grass green and as it disappeared into the dense foilage, flowers of all sorts bloomed behind it. We chased what I assumed was a pokemon, hoping that i could see exactly what it looked like, but of course, we had no luck. We continued to walk towards route 2 and beyond, and before i knew it, we were already in front of Pewter City's gym, but Leader Brock wasn't there at the moment, fortunately, one of my best friends lived pretty close to the gym, so we decided to pay her a visit.

I rang the doorbell, i heard stomping and someone running towards the doorway from inside the house, the door opened, and there she was, my friend Marisa greeted me with a joyful expression, I rarely ever leave Viridian City hence Me visiting her on my own accord was quite the surprise. Her aunt was there too, apparently she came on a trip from Johto looking for some pokemon from this region, she's a pokemon breeder who recently inherited her father's farm after the man passed away. She told me about the farm and all the pokemon that lived there with her, how to take care of an egg, what kind of food the different types of pokemon like the most, and so much more. I wanted to be to her farm one day, i have never been a skilled trainer, and I lack the competitive nature required for becoming the champion, luckily, her aunt was going back to johto the next day, I told her i wanted to become a breeder and asked if i could possibly go with her. I decided my journey could wait, I didn't need flashy badges or being in the hall of fame, this was something i really wanted to do, and i knew my friends and family would still love me even if i didn't participate in the League.

Even though I was travelling the region on my own, i was still very young and knowing my mom was going to spend 24 hours a day thinking of me, how i was doing, and how she wasn't there to see me grow up made me feel bad for her, at least i should have gone back home to let her know that i decided the Pokemon League just wasn't for me and i wanted to become a pokemon breeder instead. Marisa's aunt, Adrianne, agreed that I had to let my mother know of my plans, specially since i was going to travel a long distance practically by myself. On the way back, the entrance to the forest was closed by the police, i came closer and asked what was going on, kind Officer Jenny told me Team Rocket had been harrassing trainers looking for a rare pokemon, apparently they showed up as soon as the word about the flowers blooming spread. Of course, she asked me if i saw anything suspicious, at that moment i thought about that green pokemon, but something told me i should keep my mouth shut, so i lied and said i was too distracted to notice anything, which in fact, was half true. I told her i had to go back to Viridian City to let my mom know i was leaving Kanto tomorrow, sadly she said she couldn't let me get through, it was likely that Team Rocket Grunts were still creeping around and she didn't want to take any chances, well, I didn't have time, so i said goodbye to Officer Jenny and started walking away  untill i made sure she couldn't see me, they recently put a fence around the whole area as a means of safety, i found a big hole in a part of the fence, i guessed that's how Team Rocket got in without driving that much attention. Once inside, i picked up Elly and rushed to the main path that led to Viridian City, halfway through, we hard some noises, someone was having a battle deep withing the forest, but suddenly, everything went quiet, i ran there and bumped into something: the same green pokemon I saw before came flying at an intense speed and crashed against me, it felt to the ground completely stunned, i pulled out my pokedex and scanned it, according to "Dex", it's name was Celebi, as the image appeared in the screen, the little creature twitched, this was the perfect chance to grab a pokeball and catch this rare pokemon.

2Def_zpsxyftmj9l.png

I reached my hand into my bag and pulled out a pokeball, but as soon as i looked back at Celebi, it was floating right in front of me, with an expression of curiosity, like that of someone that meets a person he or she haven't seen in years, then it turned around and looked at Elly, with a big smile on it's face, it flew around her just before disappearing into the forest at such speed that it was impossible for me to hit him with a pokeball, once again leaving a trail of vibrant-coloured flowers that instantly grew out of the ground. It wasn't untill that moment that i noticed some Team Rocket Grunts were lying on the ground completely unconscious along with their pokemon, "so that's what all the fuzz was about, they were trying to catch Celebi" i said as i turned around and rushed to the exit as fast as i could, i didn't want to be there when these guys woke up. Everything from here was smooth sailing, i got home, my Mom was very surprised but happy to see me, she received me with a tight hug, i told her i wasn't going to stay for long, i told her of my plans, she didn't want to see me leave again, but she didn't want to keep me from pursuing my dreams so once again, when the sun rose, we said goodbye.

The rest is history. We traveled all around the world, made new friends, met new pokemon and even participated in the Pokemon League in many different regions, well, better late than never. Time passed, now I run my own pokemon farm/daycare in the Orange Islands, and Elly, who evolved into a furret shortly after we set off to Johto, seems to take this even more seriously than I do, taking care of eggs, feeding the baby pokemon and scaring away intruders, either hungry wild pokemon looking to feast on my precious babies, or that Team Rocket scum, it doesn't matter, she knows how to take care of them...

3Def_zpsibfwi20u.png

People say, with every ending comes a new beginning. I felt it again, after all these years, I was really missing something very precious to me... I got up in the morning and went to feed my pokemon when i found that one of my eggs was missing, a sentret egg. After some hours of desperately looking for it in the surrounding area, i stopped and realized something i couldn't notice in the middle of my own anxiety: Even though it's mid autumn, the grass, the trees, all the plants had flourished, the sweet smell of flowers brought back some memories... I remembered "Dex's" robotic voice and the words it spoke when I scanned the green pokemon that night years ago: "This POKéMON wanders across time. Grass and trees flourish in the forests in which it has appeared. When CELEBI disappears deep in a forest, it is said to leave behind an egg it brought from the future.", and now that i think about it... The same thing happened the day we found Elly...

Edited by TatsuyaSuo