[Discussion] Slaking [Remains in OU]

will you understand that truant is making useless by the switch?!

Please take yur brain and use it

And do you realize switching sort of a big flaw on Slaking since it can't do anything every two turns due to Truant? As powerful as Slaking is, this won't be taken really seriously. Anything can benefit from that free useless turn that Slaking needs to suffer from that makes it's stats not matter. Nobody cares if it has like 360+ Attack; this is crippled by a pretty exploitable flaw that anyone in their right mind can take advantage of. The only reason to be scared more than one should now is because of physical Pursuit picking off switch outs.

EDIT: Your'e assuming sets that people wouldn't run and having more than 510 EVs in one set to back up your "arguments". Edited by YagamiNoir

But is OP in this even serious?
Those EV spreads and examples of pokemon are so bad.
Slaking can't even FP if you hit him.
AND the obvious free turns.
He also didn't OHKO those examples, follow my teams motto.

Fucking adept.

Edited by GBush

To say something legit, yeah slaking is stronk, but i have no idea what the balance is going to be like. I'm just playing other games and goofing around until the meta starts to form - no way I'm grinding then not using something.

Edited by Noad
Stay on topic please

TRUANT 

*comic sans-ed for a more traumatic effect

Truant makes him prioritize picking his nose rather than attacking which makes his free turns /really/ exploitable. Plus spikes support really worns out this thing really fast. If this pokemon with /godly/ base stats but returded ability gets the shorter end of the stick, ill advocate banning dunsparce just because it can hax its opponent to death.

Edited by Noad
You only need to say it once o/

Ban Medicham too...Actually, ban everything that can reach 350+ att, that way, only way you can win is toxic stall and parahax...Great meta, pls gib. hue

EDIT: Sorry, had to do it @_@ 

i think Slaking need to be removed to Ubers cause it is too fast / to bulk and too strng for the meta.

Azumarill Hugepower + CB is very strong but it is very slow and can be OHKO by a thunderbold for example.

Medicham pure power is stronger than Slaking but it is not as faster as slaking / not bulk. I think Gengar can easy RevengeKill it.

The problem with slaking it's his big HP base stat and any pokemon can be faster and OHKO Slaking. The problem is here.

It won't get banned, even with the elemental punches. It does break walls, true, but the truant ability giving you free turns is also gonna make your opponent lose pokes. As everyone tells you 1000 times, hoping that you might understand eventually...

It won't get banned, even with the elemental punches. It does break walls, true, but the truant ability giving you free turns is also gonna make your opponent lose pokes. As everyone tells you 1000 times, hoping that you might understand eventually...

for the 1000th time i say : this turn is avoid by a manual switch and you can't touch Slaking. It will be good if the opponent can't switch slaking when it is loafing around.

Sure it does kill something but are you telling me you don't run anything offensive to hurt Slaking on the switch in? If that's the case then you do need to be punished.

Turn 1 : Slaking Kill my pkm
Turn 2 : i try a revenge kill but Slaking is switched (only solution : pursuit)

1 move for kill touch slaking : anyone is shocked? Edited by Noad
Please don't make double posts.

Slaking will probably be BL; it won't have enough usage to warrant being placed in OU, but is obviously (even with its shit ability) too much for UU.

So stop trying to make Slaking seem good lol. There's aren't very many logical reasons to use it now with Pure Power Medicham getting access to literally all of it's same moves (OK, it doesn't get STAB Double Edge and Pursuit, who cares) with higher base attack and no truant. Sure, it has a lower BST and consequently less bulk/speed, but I'd rather have the option of attacking every turn than having my Pokemon sit on it's ass/be forced to switch out, allowing the opponent a free turn- probably the worst thing you can do in a battle.

for the 1000th time i say : this turn is avoid by a manual switch and you can't touch Slaking. It will be good if the opponent can't switch slaking when it is loafing around.

You seem to have trouble understanding. There is no avoiding the turn after Slaking attacks. That is a free turn for Slaking's opponent regardless of what the owner decides to do, switch out or not...

That moment when you think the whole thread is a joke because of the OP (I mean, dat Magikarp calc and the overall non "copy-paste" calcs) but after reading the thread you're not even sure anymore.

Yeah, I can't see there's a way Pokemon is getting banned which is literally fully countered by 2 common moves: Protect and Substitute (from a Pokemon faster than Slaking). Slaking has absolutely nothing to get passed those and especially in a Choice Band meta there's definitely a reason to run a move like Protect. Correct switch in, like with Gengar, Skarmory or Metagross can cause you easily lose your Slaking, another Pokemon or overall cause the Slaking user to be in a major disadvantage. I'm just saying there's a reason why this thing has a sub 8% usage in the old OU: the uncertainty of using Slaking as you know that ANY Pokemon with Protect will beat it. And it didn't get that much better with Elemental punches as the only main thing it got was Fire Punch which was easily replaced by Fire Blast back in the day.

Even if you can "switch out Slaking after taking down something" that makes it the easiest Dragon Dance Gyarados set up bait ever and well.. have fun coming back after your opponent is set up with absolutely no prediction.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Turn 1 : Slaking Kill my pkm

Turn 2 : i try a revenge kill but Slaking is switched (only solution : pursuit)

1 move for kill touch slaking : anyone is shocked?

Turn 2: Linoone uses bellydrum

Win the match. Or kill something.

Turn 2: Marowak Swords Dance or Sub. Kill anything that comes in.

Turn 2: Rhydon sub. Kill anything that comes.

Turn 2: Use Gengar to sub and surprise your opponent.

You keep killing anything that slaking switches into, until slaking is all that is left

It's a kill for a kill.

You seem to have trouble understanding. There is no avoiding the turn after Slaking attacks. That is a free turn for Slaking's opponent regardless of what the owner decides to do, switch out or not...

its especially the switch who is OP in slaking a fact Oo.

Turn 2: Linoone uses bellydrum

Win the match. Or kill something.

Turn 2: Marowak Swords Dance or Sub. Kill anything that comes in.

Turn 2: Rhydon sub. Kill anything that comes.

Turn 2: Use Gengar to sub and surprise your opponent.

You keep killing anything that slaking switches into, until slaking is all that is left

It's a kill for a kill.

yes we can see the match like that ^^ Edited by Noad
Please don't double post.

So in what part of the scenario does Slaking look OP? It takes a kill but gives your opponent a fair chance to get a kill or kills as well.

Slaking is a perfect revenge killer but it is too bulk and OU sweep are not strong enough for kill it. 

And the truant free turn is not realy free cause the opponent will put a wall for counther an eventual (Gyara / Rhydorn etc ..)

For the 15th time i propose a no-switch after attacking. Like Bounce : yu can't switch when you gyara is in the air.

For the 15th time i propose a no-switch after attacking. Like Bounce : yu can't switch when you gyara is in the air.

I can safely say that this isn't happening.

Slaking is the definition of high risk, high reward. While it is undeniably incredibly powerful when it manages to attack, it can just as easily lose you the game if you mispredict with it. If you predict it correctly and switch in something to negate its attacks such as a ghost type on a normal/fighting move, you've essentially won two free turns as opposed to one. Even the one free turn that you get by default when it attacks is huge. It's also stopped completely by some very common moves such as Substitute and Protect, and it doesn't appreciate status either.

As for the switching argument, prediction goes both ways. If the opponent expects a special attack, they might send in Blissey. If you expect them to send in Blissey, you could switch to something that counters it instead of staying in and chipping off a fraction of its HP.

Slaking can rip apart unprepared teams, but it's far from unstoppable and is extremely risky to use. It's strong, but that risk factor combined with the free turns that it gives whenever it makes a move don't make it ban-worthy in the slightest.

Slaking is a perfect revenge killer but it is too bulk and OU sweep are not strong enough for kill it. 

And the truant free turn is not realy free cause the opponent will put a wall for counther an eventual (Gyara / Rhydorn etc ..)

Thought of actually replying to this but then I just realized that it'd be a waste of my time.