[Denied]Parent Sacrifice No Longer

Why can't the parents that have had a baby just not continue to have babies? Parents can only be used to make one egg and then would receive a ribbon similar to the gift ribbon("Retired"). I'm 99% certain the market would not inflate.
1 Baby per Pokemon.
No more death!

Opinions?

Edited by Champlify

it would inflate, just at a slower rate.

now i gotta think & look at my boxes to see what i can upgrade, refine.

with your system i would just breed all my comps, breed the babies, breed those babies & then sell them all.

I agree with this but did you consider that currently the market is deflating too rapidly? Prices have gone up and egg moves are less of a shared aspect. I would say with the method you described above it would be a happy medium leaning towards the newer system's parameters. Plus it would still take a reasonable amount of time and thought.

Edited by Champlify

I agree with this but did you consider that currently the market is deflating too rapidly? Prices have gone up and egg moves are less of a shared aspect.

the market has gone up because making Pokemon is now a singular effort. Meaning that if I catch something and breed it im breeding 1 copy of it, not 5 bijailkliofndhgikdsnfn of them. So to get great comps you have to do one of these things

1: Make em yourself, its not hard

2: Buy them for massively inflated prices because very few people are selling their best stuff, those that are selling are getting top dollar because supply and demand.

This is a better system then having billions of 6x31 Eevees selling for 100k a pop

I agree with this but did you consider that currently the market is deflating too rapidly? Prices have gone up and egg moves are less of a shared aspect.

yea it is, theres some flaws with the current system but its new so its normal i guess.

things like money, hiddenpower & the poor new players are the biggest issue for me, but i don't think your suggestion is the solution, even though i dont have any either.

also what do you mean with 'egg moves are less of a shared aspect'?

if ppl are not dedicated enough to get eggmoves, thats their own fault really.

I would say with the method you described above it would be a happy medium leaning towards the newer system's parameters. Plus it would still take a reasonable amount of time and thought.

i would probably disagree again, this system is based around refining & losing the parents.
it is actually alot easier to get good iv's with this system, seeing as there are no -8 rolls.

this breeding without losing the parents would be too easy & create loads of perfect pokemon again.
Edited by flavajabari

Let me show you a graph of what the market is doing:2aj2uzs.png

Basically, prices are going up as existing breeders are dying off. Once those are gone, then prices will start to go down again, because the new system is still Inflationary, but at a much slower rate than before. Also, the new curve has a greater horizontal asymptote than what we had with the old system (simply due to the costs of breeding).

Edited by Gilan

I didn't mean to come off as opposing the the new system, just mere a presentation for my idea. :) I still think there's something to this and although it doesn't have to be as I described, and perhaps could be considered in the future.

Oh and about the egg moves, I simply meant after breeding a comp and investing your own money on tutor moves ect, the price relatively increases. Breeding pokemon to sell seems to have diminished.

this breeding without losing the parents would be too easy & create loads of perfect pokemon again.

Not sure how that would be possible with 1 egg per pokemon. In my initial post I described it would receive something similar to a gift ribbon which would not allow it to be traded or bred. Essentially the parent pokemon would be yours forever or until you release it. Also assuming you have the means to run through comps and continuously breed, you would hit an eventual wall as well as the retirement factor. I think it could open the door to a lot of egg group cross breeding as well.

Edited by Champlify

Pretty good idea, should definately be considered. However, I think we already in the thick of it with the current system, which I really like also. At some point the game is going to rely on catching much more when the pre-update stocks run dry. This might help a bit.

issues with this suggestion:
1. Scamming potential
2. Older players can essentially make .5x their current comp count, which is borderline cloning which was the main thing trying to be eliminated by the new breeding system.
3. After the existing comps/breeders are used, this suggestion doesn't add much other than the ability to clone/nearly clone a completed breed (i.e. I make a natured 6x31 pokemon, then I can use that to make another, and then another and so forth).

So imo, it undermines the purpose of the new breeding system.

Originally I would have supported this idea, but that was before I made a guide, before I made long extended arguments, and before I had 3 sleepless nights of contemplation on the system.

issues with this suggestion:
1. Scamming potential
2. Older players can essentially make .5x their current comp count, which is borderline cloning which was the main thing trying to be eliminated by the new breeding system.
3. After the existing comps/breeders are used, this suggestion doesn't add much other than the ability to clone/nearly clone a completed breed (i.e. I make a natured 6x31 pokemon, then I can use that to make another, and then another and so forth).

So imo, it undermines the purpose of the new breeding system.

Originally I would have supported this idea, but that was before I made a guide, before I made long extended arguments, and before I had 3 sleepless nights of contemplation on the system.

I'm not sure where these others are coming from but unless you have 4 male, 4 female 6x31 comps of the same egg group, which is highly unlikely, you'd still only get 2 eggs, breed those and they become retired as well, leaving you with 1 more. I'm not saying this should happen but I believe this should be seriously thought about.

Also, Gilan your guide still very much applies.

Edited by Champlify

I'm not sure where these others are coming from but unless you have 4 male, 4 female 6x31 comps of the same egg group, which is highly unlikely, you'd still only get 2 eggs, breed those and they become retired as well, leaving you with 1 more. I'm not saying this should happen but I believe this should be seriously thought about.

Also, Gilan your guide still very much applies.

Actually, it leaves you with 7 more than you would have in the current system, the 4 parents + 2 eggs+ 1 egg of what hatches of those eggs

wait, thats assuming 2 of each parent, with 4, you would end up with 7 pokemon + the 8 parents, you nearly double your stock

Edited by Munya

Not sure how that would be possible with 1 egg per pokemon. In my initial post I described it would receive something similar to a gift ribbon which would not allow it to be traded or bred. Essentially the parent pokemon would be yours forever or until you release it. Also assuming you have the means to run through comps and continuously breed, you would hit an eventual wall as well as the retirement factor. I think it could open the door to a lot of egg group cross breeding as well.

ohhh for some reason i thought you ment they could breed once but still be traded, my bad.

if they can't be traded either this could actually work.

Gilan has a point that older players would again, benefit the most from this though.

How would you ever pass egg moves if the offspring couldn't breed

Not sure where you took this from but I never said offspring couldn't bred.

Actually, it leaves you with 7 more than you would have in the current system, the 4 parents + 2 eggs+ 1 egg of what hatches of those eggs

wait, thats assuming 2 of each parent, with 4, you would end up with 7 pokemon + the 8 parents, you nearly double your stock

Nono I didn't mean the exact number of eggs, that varies on the sex of the eggs, I simply meant there is a gradual decline in the amount of eggs that would be hatched. 8>4>2>1. This last egg would then present the task of either hunting for a suitable match or considering transferring stats to another egg group/pokemon due to the fact that the parents stats are now locked and cannot be used elsewhere. It presents a real clutch situation. :)

I only see this benefitting hoarders massively. I'm fine with the new mechanics. I think the devs want to make catching viable as soon as possible and this suggestion would only slow down that philosophy.

Im not saying its a bad suggestion, but I don't think the devs want to take the long way round and neither do I.

I only see this benefitting hoarders massively. I'm fine with the new mechanics. I think the devs want to make catching viable as soon as possible and this suggestion would only slow down that philosophy.

Im not saying its a bad suggestion, but I don't think the devs want to take the long way round and neither do I.

Currently hoarders are being benefitted as well. As should they be, they've hoarded and were smart with their time. I don't see this as a long way round, rather I see it as a middle ground for what they've achieved balance wise as well as keeping the market reasonable. Also, the "retirement" could be optional, and could carry more of a sacrifice, say the parents can no longer level, ev train, or learn moves. So you would be determined to perfect any parent before breeding and retiring.

Currently hoarders are being benefitted as well. As should they be, they've hoarded and were smart with their time. I don't see this as a long way round, rather I see it as a middle ground for what they've achieved balance wise as well as keeping the market reasonable. Also, the "retirement" could be optional, and could carry more of a sacrifice, say the parents can no longer level, ev train, or learn moves. So you would be determined to perfect any parent before breeding and retiring.

Hoarders are already being rewarded well enough. You really don't need to give them more of an advantage over the market. You can't be serious about your market statements, the update has been up for like 2 weeks. Of course it's a shitstorm that always happens.

Woepdiedoe such a sacrifice that I need to EV and moveset my parents before they 'retire', that really is a pointless idea trying to make it looks like some sort of disadvantage which it is not.

tumblr_m89hhcbc1X1qdlkyg.gif

You guys also realize if this were to be implemented it would allow you to sell off all of your babies that you don't need/would not use (your leftovers). If the dev team knows you can sell off your leftovers to make some money, there's a chance that the price of braces and items could go up to keep the balance they have right now. Come on guys you know that the dev team is not for just making things easy unless there is really good reasoning and support behind it.

tumblr_m89hhvn0lr1qdlkyg.gif

Most of us seem to be forgetting that this proposal was basically the breeding process not even a month ago, save the baby Pokemon restriction. I'm not sure why the majority of people posting are theorizing about what would happen when we already know and, more importantly, have experienced ourselves what the old system entails.

Do I myself care? No. Do the devs care? Probably not, they made this change for a reason- to fuse CatchMMO and breeding together to create their idea of a working refinement process.

Will it work out in the long run? I honestly have no idea... seems like only time will tell.

Most of us seem to be forgetting that this proposal was basically the breeding process not even a month ago, save the baby Pokemon restriction. I'm not sure why the majority of people posting are theorizing about what would happen when we already know and, more importantly, have experienced ourselves what the old system entails.
Do I myself care? No. Do the devs care? Probably not, they made this change for a reason- to fuse CatchMMO and breeding together to create their idea of a working refinement process.
Will it work out in the long run? I honestly have no idea... seems like only time will tell.

This suggestion is most similar to the new breeding not the old.

I think of this suggestion like this:
You have two sets of steel armour.
You melt them down.
You use the melted metal to craft a new set of steel armour.
You then somehow get the old sets back.
These old sets cannot be melted again as the metal is no longer pure.

In other words. This suggestion takes the pokemon count and multiplies it by 1.5
Whereas, what we have now is the number of pokemon multiplied by .5