[Discussion] Dragonite [Banned from OU to Ubers]

Banning claw or espeed is nonsensical. Cmon now, think about that for a second.

Give some reasons instead of unspesific comment please.... ty

how can a ddnite for example be threatening? u think that ban CB on dnite wouldnt help? why?

Edited by liotec

Give some reasons instead of unspesific comment please.... ty

how can a ddnite for example be threatening? u think that ban CB on dnite wouldnt help? why?

I am being specific bro, Im trying not to discredit your intelligence. I know you arent stupid. Why on earth would dragon claw got banned just get dnite and mence in OU? Its such a nonsensical thing to even discuss because its like... stupid

As a random closing note, I was really enjoying playing with my dragonite I made. You could have guessed because you know me:

[spoiler] 1zx00ub.png

[/spoiler]

Mine is a mixed attacker and it was ev'd simply 252 hp 252 def. It was countering many strong physical attackers in the game with great success. Despite its weak attack compared to other dragonites, it was also making significant holes in the other teams just from the unpredictability of the pokemon really. To put relevancy to this, I guess this post is just another testament to how versatile and powerful this beast currently is in OU. Bye for now, Dragonite. tumblr_inline_mo11akDOIn1qz4rgp.gif

reversal isnt a problem on all pokes so its not gonna get banned

Inb4 Cody. I haven't had a good complex ban argument in a while *cracks knuckles*

Ill argue for them if we end up in a situation we had b4 were when we banned everything that as OP then the meta was shit then when we unbanned a few things the meta was still to over centralized. Right now im not sure thats gonna happen bc of all of the new offnsive threats we have. It deff doesnt hurt thee meta so bad losing a few atm.

Edited by codylramey

I have an idea and might get bashed again for it but here goes nothing.

I could be wrong but in later gens isn't there a dragon clause or something like that? If so instead of banning all 3 of the 3 main dragons Also ttar is included, why not only allow each player to use 1 on a team if they choose to. You cannot carry 2-3 of them only 1. In this case it will allow a more fast meta game and also allow more variety in team building. Also can bring weather teams more into it. This will also prevent the ban chain from happening. All 3 of them can force out another and provide balance imo.

I could 've wrong but just throwing an idea out there that might not even be possible.

I have an idea and might get bashed again for it but here goes nothing.

I could be wrong but in later gens isn't there a dragon clause or something like that? If so instead of banning all 3 of the 3 main dragons Also ttar is included, why not only allow each player to use 1 on a team if they choose to. You cannot carry 2-3 of them only 1. In this case it will allow a more fast meta game and also allow more variety in team building. Also can bring weather teams more into it. This will also prevent the ban chain from happening. All 3 of them can force out another and provide balance imo.

I could 've wrong but just throwing an idea out there that might not even be possible.

I think that's a bit it a stretch, since there's been no evidence that a flat dnite ban isn't a good solution. Usually you wanna exhaust your standard options before you more on to the more complex ones - in this case, the standard option was banning dnite (same went for mence and ttar) and without a few tournaments we won't know the real impact of those bans

Seems a bit like a forced ban... I don't even participate to many discussions, then i can't compare, but that's the feeling i had here.

When i see people say things like "it has to be ban, why aren't you convinced ...", "you don't have to learn me how to counter dragonite" or "you are alone to think it doesn't need to be ban, please move" which is a lie cause i saw like at least 4people, I have some doubts about their credibility and i feel like there wasn't a big room for debate.

Anyway, other people had real arguments to ban it, the choice is done, and i respect it. We'll just see if it was a good choice or not in the future.

I think that's a bit it a stretch, since there's been no evidence that a flat dnite ban isn't a good solution. Usually you wanna exhaust your standard options before you more on to the more complex ones - in this case, the standard option was banning dnite (same went for mence and ttar) and without a few tournaments we won't know the real impact of those bans

I know its a stretch. that's why I asked if even it would work. But I think if it could it would satisfy everyone because then there not running rampid and everyone uses thEm.

For example using ttar could mean that mence has a chance to come in and litterally sweep you just for using it and ttar can be used the same way. Dnite will also follow in the same boat but be less used from the former two obviously but Still can wreck havoc.

I'm just trying to provide solutions that can be chosen if needed. Because reversal thread is already getting blown up and saying no to it for some un god known reason people think it's not ban worthy. To me if it's uncompetitive and doesn't take skill it needs to go. Competitive environment should revolve around skill not if it's op or not.

either way I think people need to start brain storming ideas for the future. If we're not trying to benefit the future what are we doing here?

dnite banned nice. even tho i have a 5x31 1x30 dratini that i wanted to make a comp out of it but the majority is right about dnite beeing cheap and op.
[spoiler] on of the strongest pokemon out there and the best hm slave XD dnite deserves the uber spot xD [/spoiler]

let's see how the meta evolves without dnite which was obviously centralizing the meta around it.