[OU Discussion] Heracross

have you considered a future as a psychic? its crazy how you can tell the future

Have you considered yourself as a troll. Why do you think I don't acknowledge you?

Your one of those people that are fascinated on bans I get it. We ban heracross what other hard hitter we have left? Snorlax, blaziken, medicham? Sounds like fun times. Not including metagross because that will be 100% teams because lack of hard hitters and will end up banned because of centralizing.

Once again prove me wrong tier council.Inb4 slippery slope theory comes in. ban it like I said earlier quicker it happens quicker my point is proven again. Edited by Excelimpulse

Have you considered yourself as a troll. Why do you think I don't acknowledge you.

Your one of those people that are fascinated on bans I get it. We ban heracross what other hard hitter we have left? Snorlax, blaziken, medicham? Sounds like fun times. Not including metagross because that will be 100% teams because lack of hard hitters and will end up banned because of centralizing.

Once again prove me wrong tier council.Inb4 slippery slope theory comes in. ban it like I said earlier quicker it happens quicker my point is proven again.

Ursaring, gyarados, aerodactyl and flygon too.

We have enough stuff to break any possible wall at the moment, especially with choice band.

I have to say i like heracross, it isn't really banworthy to me, it really helps in keeping the meta more balanced towards the offensive side.

We're still going to see arcanine everywhere anyway, that thing is just too good.

Ursaring, gyarados, aerodactyl and flygon too.
We have enough stuff to break any possible wall at the moment, especially with choice band.
I have to say i like heracross, it isn't really banworthy to me, it really helps in keeping the meta more balanced towards the offensive side.
We're still going to see arcanine everywhere anyway, that thing is just too good.

All four of them get stopped by bulky waters If I'm not mistaken. Aero really needs spikes to be effective from what I've seen

All four of them get stopped by bulky waters If I'm not mistaken. Aero really needs spikes to be effective from what I've seen

Well, not ursaring at least, unless haze/whirlwind.

But even then, they'll have to take 2 massive stab return/facade.

Ursa can outspeed vaporeon with some speed investment.

We should focus on heracross though, that's what this thread is for.

Do we have anything viable to put it to sleep? yawn? sweet kiss?

Edited by Vaeldras

Have you considered yourself as a troll. Why do you think I don't acknowledge you?

Once again prove me wrong tier council.Inb4 slippery slope theory comes in. ban it like I said earlier quicker it happens quicker my point is proven again.

Be quiet, stop posting.

...What?

I mean, it's not tyranitar/dragonite.

It definitely puts a lot of pressure on the opponent, but it can be dealt with.

What really makes it threatening is that it has several more than viable sets.

I'm pretty sure bulky ghosts with disable are a good answer to it for now, but if they were to really become a thing, so would thief on hera, so bye ghosts.

It is an S rank no doubt, but we can still debate if it's bannable or not.

It would be totally fine in an offensive meta where we have more than a single super threatening sweeper, but it risks to become overcentralizing in our current meta.

I haven't seen it that much, nor it ever gave me any trouble, so i might be biased.

Be quiet, stop posting.

Or just don't even quote him.

Seriously guys, two pages are probably filled with Excel posting something and then two to three people bashing him on his post and him replying again. If you know arguments are just going to be repeated man up and stop replying, or if you have a new point to bring up just ignore and bring out that point without 'pointing' at anyone.

I should be able to scroll through discussion threads without having to skip 20 posts because they are completely garbage or are recycled posts. Stop having a war with each other, just bring out your arguments and keep it at that. If you see someone making a wrong argument point that out without attacking someone personally. If that person reacts and does not see the mistake that he/she made then you shouldn't reply to that again, that's how these chains start anyway. People can make up for themselves who is right or wrong, you don't need 20 posts going in between two-three users to see who wins.

Be quiet, stop posting.

trolllololololol. No I want it banned now. Heracross sweeps me every game and I can't counter it.

On a serious note, I honestly don't see how its threatening. Yes you are forced to run specific wall counters but then when doing so heracross is then a liability to that team. Heracross has to many weaknesses poor typing and one asset which is megahorn or it wouldn't even be talked abouyt imo. Edited by Excelimpulse

trolllololololol. No I want it banned now. Heracross sweeps me every game and I can't counter it.

On a serious note, I honestly don't see how its threatening. Yes you are forced to run specific wall counters but then when doing so heracross is then a liability to that team. Heracross has to many weaknesses poor typing and one asset which is megahorn or it wouldn't even be talked abouyt imo.

it does not have a poor typing, flying stab is non existent in the meta and coupled with heracrosses bulk, it can survive most psychics/fire blasts/flamethrowers, and 3hko'ed by neutral stabs usually

it does not have a poor typing, flying stab is non existent in the meta and coupled with heracrosses bulk, it can survive most psychics/fire blasts/flamethrowers, and 3hko'ed by neutral stabs usually

Who said it had to be stab? And survive *most*. If all was the case then yea typing would be good. Scizor can come in and run aerial ace if it chooses too. And when did aero stab wing attack become bad? Especially when ludicoko is now back.

Who said it had to be stab? And survive *most*. If all was the case then yea typing would be good. Scizor can come in and run aerial ace if it chooses too. And when did aero stab wing attack become bad? Especially when ludicoko is now back.

scizor isn't viable since it lost hidden power+silver wind with the update. Aero became bad whenever pokemmo came out, especially now with swampert+metagross resisting rock. I just said most because I know some uguu would do some stupid calc like modest alakazam vs heracross, oh good fucking job a modest alakazam can ohko heracross, that matters so much

scizor isn't viable since it lost hidden power+silver wind with the update. Aero became bad whenever pokemmo came out, especially now with swampert+metagross resisting rock. I just said most because I know some uguu would do some stupid calc like modest alakazam vs heracross, oh good fucking job a modest alakazam can ohko heracross, that matters so much

Choice band scizor isn't bad, but it's not really great either. It's only niche is a bulky pursuit trapper, and it's move pool sucks so much that quick attack is actually an option. But it sucks as a pursuit trapper since gengar usually has disable or willowisp. I was running it for a while to stop reversalers but it usually didn't do much. Rest of those I agree with though
(Pursuit / quick attack / steel wing / superpower master race scizor move set)

Aero is the only fast hitter we really have left if we get rid of heracross. Aero is bad now? With spikes support that thing is easily one of the best late game sweepers. Double edge still hits like a truck.

Scizor is still good yes gengar can willo it but scizor can also run bulky set to and that is assuming gengar carries willo. Which some can't carry it. Yes it's common now but not all run it on gengar.

Both can revenge kill heracross pretty easily and trio can also. Like I said earlier with any spikes support heracross is in great danger from what I have come across. Edited by Excelimpulse

Aero is the only fast hitter we really have left if we get rid of heracross. Aero is bad now? With spikes support that thing is easily one of the best late game sweepers. Double edge still hits like a truck.

Scizor is still good yes gengar can willo it but scizor can also run bulky set to and that is assuming gengar carries willo. Which some can't carry it. Yes it's common now but not all run it on gengar.

Both can revenge kill heracross pretty easily and trio can also. Like I said earlier with any spikes support heracross is in great danger from what I have come across.

252 SpA Jolteon Hidden Power Flying vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Heracross: 152-180 (97.4 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Aerial Ace vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heracross: 304-364 (194.8 - 233.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Edited by BurntZebra

Can we get a TC verdict?

No.

In the last few days of battling I've noticed a couple things about the OU metagame (particularly about Heracross/Reversal):

End/Rev strategies are a big deal for Mauville noobs, but they can be beat if you see it coming. Today I've seen (and beat) an end/rev Medicham, Blaziken and Heracross, only having to sack one pokemon to beat them. The problem is that Reversal is really centralizing in its own right, since the only way you can beat it outright is with priority and Arcanine is the only real option for that. While I beat 2/3 of these kids without Arcanine, it's a lot harder to do, and it seems wrong to have a meta where only one pokemon checks a particular strategy. Honestly, it's kind of the same thing with Spikes: Forretress is the only reliable spinner we have and it's completely walled by Gengar, leading to a weird dynamic where there aren't options to deal with Spikes+Spinblockers (but I digress).

I don't find Heracross *that* scary when it comes to End/Rev because it doesn't get Tpunch. Bulky DD Gyara is a really easy way to stop the SD/End/Rev set, but Blaziken and Medicham both have coverage with Tpunch. In fact, Tpunch is a superior option all counts as far as I'm concerned. At any rate, I'm not convinced at this point that Heracross is actually a problem. Like the other two OU fighting types, it's just scary, versatile and good at making you second guess yourself and if it's running Reversal+SD it takes some serious predictive power to win. 

Reversal is just a threat on anything.
You have to have something to prepare for it (roar/ww/taunt/encore/status beats endure sets but not sub/priority/basically any support)
If your team has none of those things you probably just have a bad team and you deserve to lose to it

Skarmory disagrees

Funny, cuz skarmory is probably the best heracross counter, with sturdy.

Flying type, immune to spikes, and a physical wall too  :rolleyes:

Edit: a check*

Not even the best, but the most viable, i guess.

Edited by Vaeldras