Pursuit

Focus Punch

Earthquake

Facade

Flail

Aerial Ace

Rock Blast

Low Kick

Common Sets (Give me input if I'm wrong)

Endursal

Ability: Swarm

Item: Salac

Nature: Adamant

EVs: 4HP 252ATK 252SPE

Moveset:

- Endure

- Reversal

- Megahorn

- Rock Slide / Swords Dance

Bulky Guts

Ability: Guts

Item: Leftovers

Nature: Adamant / Maybe Jolly

EVs: 200~HP 252ATK  Rest SPE

Moveset:

- Megahorn

- Brick Break

- Pursuit

- Rock Slide

Choice Bander / All Out Attacker

Ability: Guts / Swarm

Item: Choice Band / Leftovers

Nature: Adamant / Jolly

EVs: 4HP 252ATK 252SPE

Moveset:

- Focus Punch / Pursuit

- Meghorn

- Brick Break

- Rock Slide

I'll leave the calcs up to people presenting arguements, and I'd prefer if they were based around these sets.

My opinion:

Personally I think Heracross is a huge offensive pressure and right now there is not much there to stop it. It 2hkos a majority of the meta, reversal/megahorn ohkos the other half. Weezing seems to be the strongest counter which can easily feed Hera a Guts boost. Bulky Hera is also capable of surviving multiple flamethrowers, and pursuit trapping ghost types such as Gengar and Dusclops which otherwise stop it. The most overpowering aspect of Hera in my eyes is megahorn and its spamming ability. Yea the shit is resisted by some pokes, but othewise it ohkos/2hkos the meta (calcs plz). I'm not in the mood to type anymore..

Hera fine in OU, or to the dungeon?

[Clarification: I don't have a defined stance on putting it in OU or Ubers, but if there is an argument strong enough to make a change, I'd rather the change happen sooner than later.]

Edited by LeTyrone
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 57-67 (28.9 - 34%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 76-90 (38.5 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 45-54 (22.8 - 27.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 57-67 (28.9 - 34%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 76-90 (38.5 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 45-54 (22.8 - 27.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 102-120 (51.7 - 60.9%) -- 92.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Edited by BurntZebra

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Heracross Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 92-110 (46.7 - 55.8%) -- 17.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

now that heracross has pursuit i doubt theres a reason to teach it earthquake

and with no mence/dnite*, heracross can abuse focus punch since it forces a bunch of switches

Edited by DestructX

What separates hera from other reversal users is that, since the SD + 3 attacks guts set is so viable, it's very difficult to risk statusing it. Add that it gets stab on that reversal and a swarm-boosted megahorn for coverage (which, at +2, does unholy damage to anything that doesnt get 4x resist on it) and we're looking at a scary ass bug

now that heracross has pursuit i doubt theres a reason to teach it earthquake

and with no mence/dnite*, heracross can abuse focus punch since it forces a bunch of switches

I mean, you just gave a reason to use Earthquake, Arcanine. Plus, it does (slightly) more damage to, say, Metagross than Megahorn/Brick Break would.

With that being said, yeah, EQ is a pretty shitty option overall.

Why ban reversal if its the most OP on heracross? Kabutops and friends don't deserve that kind of treatment. :(

so we just go on ban chain till the wall and stall meta is back because I'm afraid that's where it's headed. Were gonna be left with sweepers that can 2hko walls unless cb and then prediction will be to op with stall.

Kabutoos and friends dint need reversal especially on rain team.

Btw you should make kingdra thread too. Chesto resto op. Paired with scizor now oh god.

At this point I'm not convinced, although Heracross is good it's stopped cold by Weezing/Gengar (afraid of Guts? don't status it, dummy). The metagame needs some more time balance out before we'll know for sure that Heracross is broken. I think it's a healthy check to Snorlax, Blissey and Slowbro and that Reversal is pretty risky given the fact that Arcanine is actually pretty viable. Gyarados also checks Fight/Bug combos pretty well. 

so we just go on ban chain till the wall and stall meta is back because I'm afraid that's where it's headed. Were gonna be left with sweepers that can 2hko walls unless cb and then prediction will be to op with stall.

Btw you should make kingdra thread too. Chesto resto op. Paired with scizor now oh god.

Omfg just stahp with this "ban chain" shit. Make a real argument rather than attacking the tiering process. The rest of the community respects how we do things, if you want to be taken seriously then please do the same.

Please... stop...

At this point I'm not convinced, although Heracross is good it's stopped cold by Weezing/Gengar (afraid of Guts? don't status it, dummy). The metagame needs some more time balance out before we'll know for sure that Heracross is broken. I think it's a healthy check to Snorlax, Blissey and Slowbro and that Reversal is pretty risky given the fact that Arcanine is actually pretty viable. Gyarados also checks Fight/Bug combos pretty well. 

This. I think that actually Heracross is one of reasons why Arcanine is getting more usage, though Arcanine is good on it's own.

(which, at +2, does unholy damage to anything that doesnt get 4x resist on it)

+2 252+ Atk Swarm Heracross Megahorn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 237-279 (90.4 - 106.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

i-i

EDIT:

My bad, lvl 100

+2 252+ Atk Swarm Heracross Megahorn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 123-144 (90.4 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Here's lvl 50

Oh welcome back 4f!

I quit the game not the forums pleb.

[spoiler]your mom tolerates now you, sitting on forums so late?[/spoiler]

Edited by RysPicz

+2 252+ Atk Swarm Heracross Megahorn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 123-144 (90.4 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Here's lvl 50

+2 Swarm Heracross Megahorn vs. Aggron: 98-116 (56.3 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Obv aggron is shit on by fighting tho so doesnt really matter. what else 4x resists bug? aero i guess but that probably takes similar damage to gengar. so yeah even 4x resist cant really handle it

Here's lvl 50

Oh welcome back 4f!

Nobody runs squishy Gengar anymore. Bulky Gengar is the superior build atm.

Here's some relevant calcs:

252+ Atk Swarm Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Gengar: 44-52 (26.3 - 31.1%) -- 11.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Swarm Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Gengar: 87-103 (52 - 61.6%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Swarm Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Gengar: 42-50 (25.1 - 29.9%) -- 0.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Swarm Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Gengar: 85-100 (50.8 - 59.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 Swarm Heracross Megahorn vs. Aggron: 98-116 (56.3 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Obv aggron is shit on by fighting tho so doesnt really matter. what else 4x resists bug? aero i guess but that probably takes similar damage to gengar. so yeah even 4x resist cant really handle it

+2 252+ Atk Swarm Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 46-55 (26.7 - 31.9%) -- 49.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
(assuming people use 252hp / def on skarmory now because of thunder/fire punch)

aggron and aero isnt 4x from bug, stop smoking weed

252+ Atk Choice Band Swarm Heracross Brick Break vs. 252 HP/252+ Def Leftovers Keen Eye Skarmory: 58 - 70 (33.7 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers

Skarm perfectly walls this savage beast even at plus 2 it only gets ohko'd by focus punch while getting hit extremely hard by AA (as shown below) if they did take the time to set up on you, you could hit it with AA while coming in with something of a higher speed and revenge kill it. (This is purely situational)

+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Swarm Heracross Focus Punch vs. 252 HP/252+ Def Leftovers Keen Eye Skarmory: 234 - 276 (136 - 160.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers

252+ Atk Choice Band Swarm Heracross Focus Punch vs. 252 HP/252+ Def Leftovers Keen Eye Skarmory: 118 - 139 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers

0 Atk Keen Eye Skarmory Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP/0 Def Swarm Heracross: 144 - 172 (92.9 - 111%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

I'm fairly new here but, this is my opinion. I don't really know all the meta that well. I just wanted to add this mon in for discussion to help better assist the discussion. 

Edited by SuzPeX

+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Swarm Heracross Focus Punch vs. 252 HP/252+ Def Leftovers Keen Eye Skarmory: 234 - 276 (136 - 160.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers

It would be really, really hard to get a swords dance boost, get yourself locked through CB, and then fire off a Focus Punch :P

E:

0 Atk Keen Eye Skarmory Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP/0 Def Swarm Heracross: 144 - 172 (92.9 - 111%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Skarm can use Drill Peck (which it used to, now I think they are all running full defensive set without even one attacking move)

Edited by RysPicz

Pursuit hasn't proven to be that deadly. Most of the Gengars these days are Disable + Sub to really put the hurt on Curse-Lax + CB users. Also when they don't have Disable, they always seem to get that SpDef drop on me with Shadow Ball hahahaha. It's two for two in Officials when I lead trap an opposing lead Gengar. 

Nevertheless, this thing is now a definite A+ rank, bordering on S rank, since it is now the best physical sweeper we have. Without Dragonite, pokemon with resistance to insanely OP CB STAB Base 120 Megahorn went down by one, as well as something that can wipe away any thought of Reversal with Extremespeed. Arcanine usage is starting to sky rocket since it is the only poke with a reliable priority (Extremespeed) to prevent any of these Reversal sweeps. 

With all of this said though, I personally would not support banning Heracross. It doesn't have the speed or coverage to make Megahorn a broken move, nor does it have the variability to truly threaten most defensive stoppers. Forretress still checks it well, no matter the set. Extremespeed prevents Reversal as said before, which has to rely on a shaky speed stat with Sub or the prediction game with Endure. Show you have Swords Dance and it's almost guaranteed you have Reversal. Prediction game gone. 

Bulky sets with leftovers have some stay-ability, but they aren't nearly as dangerous as CB abusers, stopped readily by our plethora of faster sweepers. Gyarados also does a pretty darn good job at scaring this little warrior beetle out. Drop some spikes and things start to look in your favor as the CB set requires constant free-switch ins and the Subversal set requires a certain HP.

All in all, I don't think it's banworthy as previously stated. It's resume isn't convincing enough to ban it alongside the readily broken Salamence, Tyranitar, and Dragonite.

tl;dr Not broken, just really good at what it's supposed to do... sweep with its physical prowess.  

EDIT: Pretty obvious, but needed to add this too... Weezing obliterates it. None of the other banned pokes had a reliable counter like Weezing counters Heracross. Just food for thought. 

Edited by DoubleJ