[PSL] The last format

Polls are fun right? Yaa, ler's have more polls!

Basically with the exclusion of NU foe this season, for obvious reasons; Tranz is bad, I think having a bit more Showdown tiers than we used to is justified this season. We have 2x Doubles, but Doubles is a very rarely played format. To play it optimally you also need specific sets and natures, something most of yoy just don't have the rescources for. It isn't the job of the PSL to make formats more popular that's something staff has to look out for. So I'll give you guys the say:

1. ORAS OU
2. VGC best of 3 (look up VGC Rules if you don't know what it is)
3. ORAS Ubers (cauz its fun to see some OP shit now and then and we dont have any other Uber tier in the PSL, no third gen Ubers is garbage)
4. Keep the second Doubles match
5. A third OU battle

Polllllls

Edited by ThinkNice

I don't like the idea of having 3 OU battles. Everything would just feel the same to me, and we might as well just have the "OU Super League".

Personally, I like the VGC most, as it's something different to what we've had before and Doubles is, like you say, a tier not played often.

A 3rd OU tier would be a good idea if we had a more active competitive community and this game was a bigger than it is now, I just don't think we'd be able to get enough for a 3rd OU to play in an "efficient" (Not fucking trash) manner.

VGC sounds like the obvious choice to me.

Ubers are cool too.

Edited by jayfeatskydd

A 3rd OU tier would be a good idea if we had a more active competitive community and this game was a bigger than it is now, I just don't think we'd be able to get enough for a 3rd OU to play in an "efficient" (Not fucking trash) manner.

VGC sounds like the obvious choice to me.

Ubers are cool too.

We might not even end up with enough players, which would mean cutting battles short to keep the same amount of teams. I hope advertising in team threads will give enough of a base though, mouth-to-mouth advertising is cool too ^_^

Hell, half of the players in Vermillion don't even know of the existence of PSL, most likely.

I would say ORAS OU and if we don't want to have a ton of showdown formats, would probably choose a 3rd OU match. Not really convinced there are that many double players that a) know about PSL/care enough to play and b ) actually have a doubles team and don't half-ass a tier for all of PSL