[Discussion] Snorlax/Blissey's Place in the OU Meta (Snorlax AND Blissey moved to Ubers)

Crunch is nice as it allows you not to be stopped cold by disable Gengars. Wait, why are we talking about Ursaring ? :huh: Blissey was already a bait for it.

^ dunno, jj said it's gonna come in on umbreon with ease, so he's prolly mourning over the loss of snorlax (ursa doesn't like a stab bslam to the face).

^ dunno, jj said it's gonna come in on umbreon with ease, so he's prolly mourning over the loss of snorlax (ursa doesn't like a stab bslam to the face).

Exacting. Lax kept the little bears away with it's crippling paralysis. Now it's freeeeeeee to come in on almost all of these squishy walls.

Exacting. Lax kept the little bears away with it's crippling paralysis. Now it's freeeeeeee to come in on almost all of these squishy walls

I think it's a good thing, even though i assume your opinion on the matter would be "We need snorlax to avoid this kind of issue, BUT, without curse. Complex ban curselax".

I think it's ok, that's pretty much how ursa works, it switches in against a wall with little offensive power to spam sdance, except it could only do that against weezing and blissey ( to some extent) before

it's not like this single border-borderline poke is gonna kill stall anyway.

Ursa still gets rekt by Heracross, Aerodactyl, Flygon etc. It's just another example of offense becoming more viable instead of everyone running balance/stall/bulky offense.

*Aero only works assuming some entry damage, Toxic stall, or flinch

Edited by Robofiend

Ursa is borderline? Dude ursaring can destroy a full stall team on its own. A team of 6 stallersvis gonna get rekt so bad by ursa, then and maybe even more now

I always refused to play snorlax and because of that ursaring why my worst nightmare. I agree that he will be played more often.

Ursaring is always viable lol, even if you bring frekin ttar back ursaring will still be viable. Laxbliss ban has nothing to do with ursa so why are we talkin about the mad bear?

If you are right then you should see no diff in ursa usage during the lax ban and post lax ban ursa usage. Idk that there is or isnt but there is a way to tell if this statement is right or not. (That is ofc assuming that the usage from the lax ban accurately reflected the meta at the time which i would argue it didnt due to it still evolving. But most seem to accept them so w/evs)

Wut wut? Thats a pretty aweaome wall wrecker, and the ursa usage rose but not to the point it skyrocketed, reason ursa's usage isnlike that is people's playstyle not the meta itself, like common logic.. Weezing have high usage, ursa loves to smoke them weezings so.

Hey, ursa is on my team most of the times, i love the bear.

I just never heard of anyone running a jolly set.

It's very good. Beats Adamant max speed CB Swamperts, beats Adamant Metagrosses which are speed invested to hit around 113 speed, venusaurs, marowaks, relaxed arcanines etc. 

Yeh but you already need to be at +4 with adamant to 1hko metagross with earthquake.

Dunno, i prefer a 10% boost on base 130 att than base 55 speed. Should run some more calcs, all i know is +4 adamant can 1hko weezing with return, not sure if jolly could do the same.

Yeh but you already need to be at +4 with adamant to 1hko metagross with earthquake.

Dunno, i prefer a 10% boost on base 130 att than base 55 speed. Should run some more calcs, all i know is +4 adamant can 1hko weezing with return, not sure if jolly could do the same.

Um no, +2 ohkos Meta with EQ. Also Weezing can't touch Ursa if it doesn't have sludge since flame/tbolt do little dmg relatively. 

4 SpA Weezing Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ursaring: 40-48 (24.2 - 29%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Edited by NikhilR

Um no, +2 ohkos Meta with EQ. Also Weezing can't touch Ursa if it doesn't have sludge since flame/tbolt do little dmg relatively. 

4 SpA Weezing Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ursaring: 40-48 (24.2 - 29%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Haze pain split doe, it could work if ursa gets greedy.

At least it worked when i used this strategy with dusc against a crunchless ursa

Haze pain split doe, it could work if ursa gets greedy.

At least it worked when i used this strategy with dusc against a crunchless ursa

+2 252 Atk Guts Ursaring Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 318-375 (95.2 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Guts Ursaring Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 159-187 (47.6 - 55.9%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

You can assume Ursaring is switching in on a Wisp. If Weezing has any prior damage is can die. Weezing won't be running Haze because it needs Tbolt + Flame coverage with the added Wisp and Pain Split.

But let's say Weezing does have Haze / Tbolt / Pain Split / WoW, this situation is favorable for Ursaring if it gets in on something like a Tbolt. Ursaring can safely go for a +2, Weezing can Tbolt but the correct play would be Haze. If it Hazes though every turn Ursaring gets a free turn of Leftover recovery. If it Tbolts it risks getting damaged or even cauzing para. Ursa can sometimes go for a Return on a Haze to whittle Weezing down to the point that it has to use Pain Split, in which Ursa can go for SD and kill Weezing afterwards.

my opinion: Lax and bliss are overpowered by the lack of legendaries used on OU and another things not implemented.

The current meta was monotyped, you can choose between slowbro, weezing, skarmory ,etc for tank/wall phy, but in every team the two big fats was there.

Now with the spam of arcanine and gyarados, maybe a little of new plausabe walls can be used. There is nobody that disagree than blisey is the best cleric in the game, can heal bell and twave entire tems in same time.

Also (dont know if its by the lack of light clay) but you rarely see reflect or light screen on the games, are two considerable treads that looks forgotten.

My newbie oppinion (sorry for bad english)

my opinion: Lax and bliss are overpowered by the lack of legendaries used on OU and another things not implemented.

The current meta was monotyped, you can choose between slowbro, weezing, skarmory ,etc for tank/wall phy, but in every team the two big fats was there.

Now with the spam of arcanine and gyarados, maybe a little of new plausabe walls can be used. There is nobody that disagree than blisey is the best cleric in the game, can heal bell and twave entire tems in same time.

Also (dont know if its by the lack of light clay) but you rarely see reflect or light screen on the games, are two considerable treads that looks forgotten.

My newbie oppinion (sorry for bad english)

Lemme correct your term right there, lax and bliss arent overpowered, lax and bluss are overused cause they have a role to fulfill, whats overpowered is sub growth/fake tears jolt, metal sound mag, cm espeon, sludge bomb gengar now that lax and bliss are banned. Curselax is the closest lax to overpowered but as i said many times, i cant remember the last time i got swept by curselax its all about being prepared for it.

i cant remember the last time i got swept by curselax its all about being prepared for it.

You dont get swept by it bc you have half of ur team to try n check n counter it. I mean idk if you did but most did.

Also reflect n lightscreen arent used bc of the low duration and the lack of counter/system message to tell us when it goes down.

You dont get swept by it bc you have half of ur team to try n check n counter it. I mean idk if you did but most did.

Also reflect n lightscreen arent used bc of the low duration and the lack of counter/system message to tell us when it goes down.

Matter of reading if oponent gonna curse or bslam if you manage to read this, i dont think curselax can easily setup, also devoting half your team into countering a single poke is just... Hmm.. So wrong lol Edited by SpartacusGD