[Implemented]Choosing HP - Remove the 10+ IV Requirement... Pls.

What purpose does this kind of thing even serves? Like, seriously.

There is a point at which you're no longer to obtain certain Hidden Powers due to not having the IVs available to lower and match the pattern.

The 10 is just a hard limit to prevent this from happening.

There is a point at which you're no longer to obtain certain Hidden Powers due to not having the IVs available to lower and match the pattern.

This is another one of those things where, if you had run this idea by anyone with any comp knowledge beforehand, you could have caught and fixed this problem ahead of time. A lot of special attackers prefer to run 0 IV in attack, to minimize confusion damage. Why they should be punished for this baffles me.

I mean, I can see that if someone has a 0 in attack, and the HP they want requires an odd attack IV, then theyre out of luck. But if you've got 3 in attack and you want HP ice or something, there's no reason to deny the person this mechanic

This is another one of those things where, if you had run this idea by anyone with any comp knowledge beforehand, you could have caught and fixed this problem ahead of time. A lot of special attackers prefer to run 0 IV in attack, to minimize confusion damage. Why they should be punished for this baffles me.

You misunderstand the problem, I'm well aware that 0 Attack IV is a preference for those wishing to lower the damage received from confusion.

However as of right now there is no way to determine which Hidden Powers are available based on your IVs, only that the current ones can be lowered between 0-5 to obtain the desired typing.

This means that it would offer every Hidden Power regardless of IVs available and may output something without the requested Hidden Power due to not having the IVs available to support it.

This means that as of right now the lowest number of IVs it supports is 5 in any stat. (due to the 0-5 range drop)

The '10' was chosen by Desu (although I stated that 5 would be better).

That being said, the ideal method would be to pre-determine which Hidden Powers are available and only offer those as part of the selection.

This is easier said than done however.

Couldn't the limit be like.. 1? Like keep it odd if you need to have it odd and make it even if you need to make it even.

Edit: Honestly though, do you really need to drop an IV that low as under 5 anyways? Not like you're gonna do anything with that anyways.

Edited by OrangeManiac

You misunderstand the problem, I'm well aware that 0 Attack IV is a preference for those wishing to lower the damage received from confusion.

However as of right now there is no way to determine which Hidden Powers are available based on your IVs, only that the current ones can be lowered between 0-5 to obtain the desired typing.

This means that it would offer every Hidden Power regardless of IVs available and may output something without the requested Hidden Power due to not having the IVs available to support it.

This means that as of right now the lowest number of IVs it supports is 5 in any stat. (due to the 0-5 range drop)

The '10' was chosen by Desu (although I stated that 5 would be better).

That being said, the ideal method would be to pre-determine which Hidden Powers are available and only offer those as part of the selection.

This is easier said than done however.

if it's an issue w/coding, then I completely understand. I'd rather have the current system than no system at all - I thought it was a conscious decision to make things this way to prevent some sort of abuse or something. And yeah, 5 would be much better - at least those with 6-10 ivs wouldn't get screwed over

• 2 months later...