[Denied][Forums Suggestion] Like Member Profiles

Title says it all, but I will explain a little further.

So I am just suggesting an option / control to like a members profile page.

When I began on Forums (Not Too long ago) I added a whole lot of

people I didn't know because I thought there profile page was cool.

So instead of doing that, if they had this function, I would just

be able to like pages instead. Not really 100% needed, but thought

it could be a fun way to look at some members! Please reply opinions,

I think it's a pretty cool idea. Also, not sure if this was a function before,

but if it was, why did it change? Thank you for reading this.

-Isaac

facebook_like_button.jpg

It'd probably be less confusing if worded as a 'follow' button moreso than 'like'.

Isaac isn't suggesting the revival of the like button, but more like, being able to get updates from people you follow, moreso than people in your friends list.

This never was a feature.

yeah a follow button sounds pretty nice, I think that's more of what I meant, and also a notification on when someone you 'follow' or 'like' edits there profile page, would be pretty cool as well.

Not a fan, with the current profile system the user has at least some control over who receives updates from them, This would pretty much get rid of any of that control.  And if you are going to give that control to them in this system as well, whats the point as it would just be another friend system?

Your right... it would possibly turn into another friend system.. and less control for us as users.. 

EDIT: well thats why a "like" suggestion would work as well, where you just like the page, and just continue with the forums.

Sometimes thats all I want to do.. just to let the person know there page looks good.

Edited by GoldenSunIsaac

As long as it doesn't show how many "Likes/followers" you have on your profile(Unless it's just you that can see it) or any other profile you view, I don't see a problem seeing this implemented. If not, well I would like to stick with the current system we have.

Well I don't know why it'd have to be secret. Its not a secret how many profile views someone has or how many posts they have, two forms of "elitism" on the forums. 

Well I don't know why it'd have to be secret. Its not a secret how many profile views someone has or how many posts they have, two forms of "elitism" on the forums. 

It's because profile views and total posts don't show how many players "Like" your profile. Allowing other members to see them would show that some members profiles would have more "Likes/Followers" then others which defeats the whole purpose of removing the like counter/star rating system in the first place. 

profile views

All for removing both of those.

I like to see if I will ever pass up rachel in views. I try not to ever look though because that gives her one.

edit: as far as the suggestion, I am not sure how much customization control is on these boards. We could only speculate. There is the possibility that this suggestion might not even be an option. Sometimes boards like these use "plug ins" for features. Extra plug ins cost money per month sometimes.

Long ago I suggested a live chat box for the forums at the top of the forum board where anybody could say "hi" or whatever instead of posting. Many websites have them. With some forums you just paste a code into the forum header to have a generic chat box. I like them because sometimes you want to chat but your writing doesn't merit a post. That suggestion wasn't ever implemented. Off topic for poop posting was removed too. This is all most likely for the same reason: the forums have stayed very simple and concise for years purposefully. Whether that is good or bad is up to the individual.

Edited by bl0nde

EDIT: well thats why a "like" suggestion would work as well, where you just like the page, and just continue with the forums.
Sometimes thats all I want to do.. just to let the person know there page looks good.

Leave a comment on their profile.  Something along the lines of 'Hey I like your profile' does the same thing and more without requiring anything new to be added.
inb4 >but muh FacebookMMO