Sunday Newbie Mixes - Oct 11th

Sunday Newbie Mixes

^Banner Needed, Will Make A Crappy One Later^

Post to be cleaned up and laid out better, WIP.

After asking OrangeManiac what a good balance between experienced metagame surveillance and new player team building was, he replied "Play the damn game." He was quite right, the best way to start to understand competitive Pokemon is to play it. So in response, I would like to start holding weekly Newbie style Sponts to help players do just that.

However, starting a competitive Pokemon journey can be confusing, overwhelming, and a little tedious.  If someone has never played on any level, it can seem insurmountable. I am hoping to create a fun, stress free environment where new players looking for endgame content can come and learn a more practical Pokemon game.

If you are new to this, please read the full post below.

Otherwise, current scheduled mixes are listed in the second post! 

What Is This?

This is a competitive arena where only players new to the competitive scene may participate. If you are interested in breaking into Competitive PokeMMO, this is a place where you can get some valuable play experience, and earn some cool prizes along the way. If you have always wanted to "Be The Very Best", hopefully these mixes can be the start of your journey. 

------

Full Rules And Regulations

Only new players are eligible for these weekly events.

If you are an experienced player, please do not interfere with these events. Veteran players are encouraged to participate as coaches and helpers here, so if you have a favorite or a player you have taken under your wing, please help them instead of yourself. 

Rental Pokemon are handed out on a first come, first serve basis. 

To rent Pokemon, you must post here with the name and nature of the Pokemon below.

It is encouraged that you bring at least three of your own Pokemon. Some leeway will be given, but generally self raised Pokemon will be considerably better then Rentals. 

Theft of rental Pokemon will bar you from future mixes. Please don't do it. 

All Mixes will be Swiss Style Brackets. If you are unfamiliar with Swiss Brackets, it is essentially a point system that prevents a single win from eliminating a contender. This will allow all players to continue to battle, and help prevent random events from ensuring a winner.

------

General Prize Information

Prizes will be distributed after a winner has been declared, and rental Pokemon are returned. 

Every week, the winner of the Mix will receive an untrained competitive Pokemon. 

All participants will receive a lottery number after their rental Pokemon are returned. Second place winners will receive two tickets.

Lottery prizes include competitive berries, leftovers, choice bands, and competitive untrained Pokemon.

------

Quick Changes From Previous Posting

Added some rules, changed some of the rental regulations, added lottery.

We will be doing just OU and UU for now, unless there is significant desire for additional tiers. This is to ensure that participants are truly new players, not just veterans looking to test out a new tier.

OU will be held three weeks out of the month, UU on the last Sunday of the month. 

-------

Coach And Donation Information

Firstly, thanks a ton to the guys who have already donated rental Pokemon, it is amazing and highly appreciated.

We still need veteran players to show up to coach, so if you have the time, it would be just super fantastic.

I don't think we will need any more rentals at this time, but if you are feeling generous, they are still highly appreciated. If this draws a bigger crowd then I am expecting though, we may need more.

------- 

Disclaimers!

Because many of these Pokemon will be wild caught, or below general competitive standards, battles may not reflect the standard tier Meta-game!

Most officials will not be Swiss Brackets! Almost all will be Single Elimination! 

This will be a big project! I will be footing a big bill to do this, and a fair amount of time. I will be vigilant and work hard to make this a success, but sometimes life will happen!

This hinges on some amount of community support! While I will do my best to do it myself, any and all help will make a huge impact on how successful this could be!

Rental Pokemon Will Have Weird IVs, EVs, Natures, and Movesets!

Edited by BenGorgon

Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Time/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned moves: 
Baton Pass

List of banned Pokemon:
Wobbuffet

Salamence
Tyranitar
Dragonite
Snorlax
Blissey
Gengar

1st Place Prize:

Spr_3f_135.png

22/26/24/31/28/31

Thunder/Swagger/Dig/Substitute

Level 50 - EV Trained

Moveset Is Not Competitive

Check Out The Competitive Assistance Section To Find The Moveset that Works For You!

2nd Place Prize:

Two Lottery Entries

All Other Participants Will Receive A Lottery Entry After They Return Any Rented Pokemon

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match when result in a DQ for the match.
  • Do not block the Host running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.
  • Do not begin your matches until you are called, or the host tells you that you may begin your match. Participants will receive one warning. Further issue will result in a full DQ.
Edited by BenGorgon

Congrats to ElCala for 1st and Murder For 2nd!

[Spoiler]

Details:
Whoever Shows Up Gets To Play!
6v6 OU 
Swiss Bracket (What Is A Swiss Tournament?)
Level 50

Date and Time:
Date: Sunday, October 4th
Time: 12pm EDT / 4pm GMT

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Time/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned moves: 
Baton Pass

List of banned Pokemon:
Wobbuffet

Salamence
Tyranitar
Dragonite
Snorlax
Blissey
Gengar

1st Place Prize:

374.png

Competitive UT Bedlum

27/26/28/3/16/27 IVs

Adamant

If You Have Questions On How Best To Raise This Pokemon, Feel Free To PM Me Or

Ask In The Competitive Assistance Section of the Forums

2nd Place Prize:

Two Lottery Entries

All Other Participants Will Receive A Lottery Entry After They Return Any Rented Pokemon

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match when result in a DQ for the match.
  • Do not block the Host running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.
  • Do not begin your matches until you are called, or the host tells you that you may begin your match. Participants will receive one warning. Further issue will result in a full DQ.

[/spoiler]

Edited by BenGorgon

Reserved for coach lists and

Rental Pokemon

OU

[Spoiler]

Careful Fortress

Jolly Dugtrio

Jolly Ursaring

Impish Ursaring

Adamant Ursaring

Lonely Marowak

Timid Starmie

Hasty Charizard

Jolly Dodrio

Adamant Dodrio

Calm Rhydon

Bold Slowbro

Hasty Flygon

Hasty Machamp

[/Spoiler]

UU

[Spoiler]

Adamant Breloom

Timid Omanyte

Modest Manetic

Relaxed Exeggutor

Hardy Breloom

Naive Houndoom

Hasty Tentacruel

Impish Donphan

[/spoiler]

Big Thanks To:

OldManTwerked for Ursaring, Donphan, Tentaruel, Houndoom, and Rhydon 

Spaintackula for Urasring

Parkee for Dodrio and Slowbro

MaddestMonkey for Dugtrio, Manetric, and Exeggutor

Edited by BenGorgon

Those rented pokemon might as well be free pokes, most of the noobs ain't giving them back lol.

They are nothing special, just wild caughts anyone could get, and I personally think it is well worth it even if they go poofs. 

That being said, theft will be blacklisted from future mixes, as stated above.

Edited by BenGorgon

Do I count as a noob? afterall I get first rounded in a weekly basis...

[spoiler]

notice me senpai

[/spoiler]

This made me think of something semi-srs. I don't know yet if I am going to discriminate based on those who have never comp'ed at all, or allow those who have made tentative steps with some tournies, and are still as bad as Parke is.

[Spoiler] JK <3 [/spoiler]

I really love this idea, if it's okay could I breed and make the comp for the winner on one of the weeks or so? I really miss playing the game so I would really enjoy it! 

I could make a banner for you too if you like. 

Most certainly, and it would be much appreciated. One stipulation though, we will need a Delcatty Comp for NU at some point. :)

I have Fuzzy on making the banner, thank you very much though for the offer.

Edited by BenGorgon

With coaching being encouraged are you not worried that this tournament will just be won by whoever has the best coach (if we are going by the same 'coaching' that happens in officials).

I am not convinced that this is particularly a problem, so long as those being coach are asking "Why?". It is still valuable experience and gives firm grounding for reasonable plays. This is part of the reason I would really like some certifiable veteran players to sign up for general coaching however, so the balance is not to terribly tipped in favor of LYLE newbies xD

hey~ im completely new into pokemmo competitive.
OU meaning OverUsed right? what about BL or NU tier? can i bring those pokemons into battle? By the way, only level 50 pokemons are allowed? what if my pokemon already reached level 100? because most of my pokemons are 100...i didnt really trained them, just doing some casual Vs. Seeker and storyline quest somehow they got to Lv100.