[Implemented] Shard Rates

Tritios

The shards rates are horrible, its so unbalanced ang grinding for them can take forever. The prices are also pretty awful, but thats not really up to the devs to decide. Im not saying all shards should be equal, some should be more common than others. But as it is now its just messed up. I counted a litle over 350 encounters. which is many hours of grinding and here is the result:

5fxRHsJ.png

so after over 350 encounters Im left with 2 green shards... The green shard tutor has several important moves for comp. there is almost always someone asking in tardchat for these, but no one has them, and can be close to impossible to get. the 10% chance of holding an item on relicanth is very unreliable because there arent enough encounters.. i think its actually higher, but its still horrible

Blue shards are sooo common, the rate is high and there arent really alot of usefull moves that can be bought with them. 

so my Suggestion is buff the rate and green shards drasticly. Even a 100% rate on relicanths wouldnt be too high because the encounter rate is so fucking small. and lower the rate on blue shards because they are so common, and way to cheap imo.

20 relicanths and 2 green shards

that lucky guy

I counted the rates before the last update where i had 50 relicanth encounters, got 9 shards. so the rate was/is probably closer to 20%, but its still low. 

I think they tweaked the shard rates in the last update but i cant see a reason to lower the rate...

I counted the rates before the last update where i had 50 relicanth encounters, got 9 shards. so the rate was/is probably closer to 20%, but its still low. 

I think they tweaked the shard rates in the last update but i cant see a reason to lower the rate...

yes, I agree that is very low and still is added the fact that the dive is so slow and fishing is boring. very exhausting

Im probably real late about discovering this, But i just found a Corsola with a Hard stone. What the actual fuck! inb4 they have a purpose.

Hard stones are used for HP picking at the npc if thats what you mean by purpose.

Anyways, heres the deal if green shards are the issue, they are the one shard you can use repel to get literally nothing but relicanth encounters.  They are actually one of the easiest shards to get.

As for the other shards, some days I'll do better some days I wont(in regards to shard color to shard color), yesterday I ended up with exactly 16 of both yellow and blue, fairly even number they feel pretty balanced next to each other.

IMO they are fine, but thats my opinion.

Anyways, heres the deal if green shards are the issue, they are the one shard you can use repel to get literally nothing but relicanth encounters.  They are actually one of the easiest shards to get.

I never thought about using the repel trick, thanks Munya!

Either way, I would love to see more sources for shards ingame.

Hard stones are used for HP picking at the npc if thats what you mean by purpose.

As for the other shards, some days I'll do better some days I wont(in regards to shard color to shard color), yesterday I ended up with exactly 16 of both yellow and blue, fairly even number they feel pretty balanced next to each other.

IMO they are fine, but thats my opinion.

Lol, yes i know hard stones have a purpose. I just dont see it as a reason to make it a held item on corsola aswell. there is already a ton of hardstones laying around in peoples bag. And these extra items like Deep sea scales and Big pearls are very annoying. 

Im not too familiar with the repel trick. Which lvl did you use on the quag/thief pokemon? I tried with a lvl 35 cus thats the lvl that only relicanth can be right? and i went 500 steps without an encounter. thats 400x5=2000 yen without an encounter....

But thanks for the tip, haven't thought of it before I'll do some more testing with it.

As for the blue shards, its not a big problem but they are pretty worthless atm... and the relation between desire and the rate of the shards is so unbalanced. I would just like to see a minor tweaking in the rate to stop the inflation of blue shards.  

Pretty passionate about this one as I personally farmed shards for hours at a time shortly after they were implemented to make sure the numbers were right (and found it rather enjoyable).

The numbers you have provided are a little askew to the rates that we have now, so it may have been bad luck.

You should be able to farm for an hour or so and end up with roughly the same amount of shards of each colour (excluding red).

Would be interested in seeing some more charts; There have been others who have provided charts like this before, and they had less disparity than this one.

You should be able to farm for an hour or so and end up with roughly the same amount of shards of each colour

Are you sure about that? Because I've spent a few hours there yesterday and ended up with 13 blues, 9 yellows and 1 green. It was pretty far from enjoyable.

The fact that green shards are so tedious to farm and are necessary for important moves like Heal Bell, Synthesis or Signal Beam makes me not want to make new comps.

Bear in mind that we have to make new comps all the time since the tiers are always (and always will be) changing. Having an easier access to ressources is pretty much necessary if you guys don't want to drive away the comp players.

The numbers you have provided are a little askew to the rates that we have now, so it may have been bad luck.

You should be able to farm for an hour or so and end up with roughly the same amount of shards of each colour (excluding red).

Would be interested in seeing some more charts; There have been others who have provided charts like this before, and they were not as displaced as this one.

I know, there isnt enough encounter for this to be reliable. especially on relicanth.. 

I've hunted quite alot of shards and i seriously doubt you'll end up with the same amount of shards of each color. just as Indigo said

But the shard-rate did change in the last update right? Cuz i got an older chart with some more encounters but i thought it was irrelevant now.

anyway here it is: [spoiler]XMxnu4u.png[/spoiler]

In this i had a rate on almost 20% green shards on relicanth, and i cant imagine they lowered the rate so i have probably just been unlucky...

Regarding Green Shards:

Total Encounters: 413

Relicanth: 23

Green Shards: 3

Deep Sea Scale: 1

Time: 3 hours, 6 minutes

Well, this is highly discouraging. It takes longer to obtain shards for one move than to train an entire Pokemon (EV, leveling to 50). And I still have to do this for 3 more moves.  :(

Edit:

I also tried the Repel method, but after 8 Max Repel and no encounter it didn't seem very financially efficient.

Edited by Hiraeth

I just tried using a Level 31 Chinchou, and still nothing after 10 Max Repel.

Pretty sure it needs to be lvl 35 man...
Also tried the repel trick. After 3000 steps I had 5 encounters. That's almost 12k in repels. No shards of. The illuminate thingy might help. But isn't it only a 10% buff?

Pretty sure it needs to be lvl 35 man...

Nope. Repel only repels Pokemon that are a lower level than your leading Pokemon. Since the levels are 30 for the common Pokemon and 35 for Relicanth (when using Repel), 31 works.

Btw, which route are you guys farming on? I'm on Route 124.

Edited by Hiraeth

Nope. Repel only repels Pokemon that are a lower level than your leading Pokemon. Since the levels are 30 for the common Pokemon and 35 for Relicanth (when using Repel), 31 works.

Btw, which route are you guys farming on? I'm on Route 124.

Ahh cool. Didn't know that

Also farming out side sootoopoolis. It's route 128 I think.. But I think the rate is the same everywhere.. Did a little testing to find a place with better Relicanth rate didn't find any notable differences.