[Implemented] Shard Rates

Tritios

Tbh shard hunting is too easy, we need a way to make it more tedious and boring. I don't think lowering the shard rate will do so how about we implement scuba gear. We can have an oxygen meter for how long you can dive for and if it runs out you have to buy a new O2 tank.

Tbh shard hunting is too easy, we need a way to make it more tedious and boring. I don't think lowering the shard rate will do so how about we implement scuba gear. We can have an oxygen meter for how long you can dive for and if it runs out you have to buy a new O2 tank.

This and lower the rates, also lets throw some more trash items on the pokes. Everyone loves x defends.

SURE IT'S FUN GRINDING FOR GREEN SHARDS RITE GUYZ!?!?

ioj50x.png

This is total bullshit, waisting more than 2 hours, and only got enough to get 1 move i need, meanwhile i could have wasted time grinding money to buy stuff. GRINDING FOR ITEMS IS NOT WORTH IT, FIX THIS BULLSHIT FAST

Exactly my point global trade hub will make trading faster and efficient but still no one find shards to sell that much, u grind 1-2 hours and u get only what u need, there's no way to make money efficiently this way, this is so wrong

Alright again this is a joke, I was hunting for yellow/green shards and I spent 120 pp from thief

11 Relicanths -> 1 Green Shard
109 Chinchou/Lanturn -> 2 Yellow Shards, 13 DEEPSEASCALES! 13!!!!!!!!!
what the fuck? I currently have 237 deepseascales is this alright? IT'S NOT!

Edited by Pereiraa
No need in having strong language

I am hoping that the silence so far means that with the "mid December" update, they are going to increase the shard rate. Else it's best all together to stop grinding for shards and instead grind for $$$ since that is more profitable.

If I'm right, the trade hub solely exists for trading the items, but will there be any items to trade if no one is willing to grind for it? 

Edited by NikhilR

I am hoping that the silence so far means that with the "mid December" update, they are going to increase the shard rate. Else it's best all together to stop grinding for shards and instead grind for $$$ since that is more profitable.

If I'm right, the trade hub solely exists for trading the items, but will there be any items to trade if no one is willing to grind for it?

Yeah I think I will probably do that, let's see if someone is willing to waste their time like that, I'm done with shards grinding, they ask for statistics for what? to laugh at us Edited by Arimanius

As i see it: trade hub would only lower the prices for shard (more shards will be sold)
Just increase rates... just do it

might just be the majority though. it might go on majority priced like 35k-45k. hopefully you can see the ranges enough to know it's a ripoff. but yeah rates need to increase

might just be the majority though. it might go on majority priced like 35k-45k. hopefully you can see the ranges enough to know it's a ripoff. but yeah rates need to increase

On days when im like online for 15 hours i always see shards for sale in chat but different people selling them. With a trade hub all these shards will be available all the time
And then its the one with the lowest price or best deal that sells

Edit: provided that is how the hub will work Edited by Bilburt

On days when im like online for 15 hours i always see shards for sale in chat but different people selling them. With a trade hub all these shards will be available all the time
And then its the one with the lowest price or best deal that sells

Edit: provided that is how the hub will work

I don't think this trade hub will lower the price of shards.

The way this trade feature is done doesn't really promote the lower of prices. That's just it, you will see when it comes out.

Well no... it is designed to allow for quick and easy access to trading - including the ability to sell.

This means that due to the availability of shards, they may see a decline in price.

Well no... it is designed to allow for quick and easy access to trading - including the ability to sell.
This means that due to the availability of shards, they may see a decline in price.

Well that gives me at least one thing less to worry about

Its supply and demand ppl. The supply is up the prices drop, the demand is up the prices raise. Although there is another variable in pokemmo that supply and demand doesnt account for. That is the neccisity to compete, and the ability to easily advertise. Bc when selling things people only really need to compete with other online selling the same thing they have a semi monopoly. If someone wants that shard bad enough they may pay that extra 5-10k because you are the only one online at the time selling. But with trade hub comes an added neccisity to compete so in theory the prices on everything should drop. But selling things on this game is a grind in itself. So its possible that some commodities are going for cheap just so the seller can get rid of it fast and not need to spam trade chat anymore. With the tradehub you can just set the item in and forget about it for a while. If supply is low enough then someone will eventually buy it for an extra 5k and more will raise their prices could start to creep up.

Its supply and demand ppl. The supply is up the prices drop, the demand is up the prices raise. Although there is another variable in pokemmo that supply and demand doesnt account for. That is the neccisity to compete, and the ability to easily advertise. Bc when selling things people only really need to compete with other online selling the same thing they have a semi monopoly. If someone wants that shard bad enough they may pay that extra 5-10k because you are the only one online at the time selling. But with trade hub comes an added neccisity to compete so in theory the prices on everything should drop. But selling things on this game is a grind in itself. So its possible that some commodities are going for cheap just so the seller can get rid of it fast and not need to spam trade chat anymore. With the tradehub you can just set the item in and forget about it for a while. If supply is low enough then someone will eventually buy it for an extra 5k and more will raise their prices could start to creep up.

makes me more anxious for the update tbh

• 1 month later...

Time to dig up this thread, I noticed that the GTL didn't fix the shard problems at all. The exact opposite happened, actually. Even though prices for blue and green shards remained the same, prices for yellow shards have risen, they used to be 20-25k, and now they are 35k+ as you can see on this screenshot:

GszVX0e.png

Time to dig up this thread, I noticed that the GTL didn't fix the shard problems at all. The exact opposite happened, actually. Even though prices for blue and green shards remained the same, prices for yellow shards have risen, they used to be 20-25k, and now they are 35k+ as you can see on this screenshot:

GszVX0e.png

Its the christmas event that fucked it up.
giving out thousands of shards screws stuff over for a period. People have simply stopper hunting for it because they got so many from the event. Mye guess is that prices will go back to normal when GTL is empty and people have to hunt for them again. Edited by Tritios
  • 1 month later...