Up the lifetime of the plants before they die.

Parke

Question

Okay, I've just recently gotten into trying the Berry Farming. Been keeping up with watering my plants etc but when I fully watered them before I went to sleep last night, I woke up the morning after, had some things to do before I went to work again, appointments for the doctors etc (normal life things.. because apparently Devs completely forgot there's such a thing as life outside MMO) but getting back to my point anyways, I got online to water my plants to find it being dead after maybe like 14 hours, which I feel is a fairly normal period of time for someone to not be on. I work full time, so I cant exactly work around this game and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's like this... I feel it's absolutely absurd that you need to go online every few hours to water your plants just to keep them alive. I do play the game everyday, so even lifting the period that plants need watering would be a simple resolve. People have a life outside this game - realise that.

But I'm guessing this isnt going to happen because a good 95% of the time staff dont give a shit what the community think - oh well. I tried.

14 answers to this question

Imo, when they're fully grown, don't have them decay at all, just leave them as they are.

You shouldn't be punished for not being able to get on, especially when people have to sleep.

Exactly yeah, I agree with you too. All about priorities really, last thing that should be on peoples mind is "I gotta get on MMO to water my plants"

Exactly yeah, I agree with you too. All about priorities really, last thing that should be on peoples mind is "I gotta get on MMO to water my plants"

I don't mean watering, watering is easy. A lot of the time when I don't get on for like 12 hours they are dry but they don't die for me.

I mean, when they're fully grown, they start to lose berries the longer you leave them. So sometimes, if you go to sleep and they finish while you're asleep, you can come back to like 1-2 berries :(

Yeah I keep doing pesky little things like sleeping, or going to work, really fucks with my berry production because of the way it currently is. Having to water plants like every 6-8 hours, what ever it is, is pretty unreasonable. I feel like every single time i wake up or get home from work my plants are dried out.

The berry decaying does need to be made longer
I don't have a problem with getting like 2 or 3 less berries, but that does accumulate to a bigger loss over a bunch of trees
I don't know the blooming times, so getting to my plants the exact moment they bloom isn't really an option
I always have things to do irl you know it's tough at here for a berry farmer

First of all, there may be some merit in extending the time before a berry tree withers with some alterations (I am personally of the belief that the system may require a rebalance).

But it's important to note that our current implementation does not have enough information to present the concept of decay in full.

We should be listing the berry growth times - decay is simply extra time added onto that, it's not tied to the overall growth life of the plant.

Because we don't display this number it's hard to plan your growing time correctly and it's definitely something that I think needs a fix first and foremost.

(I am personally of the belief that the system may require a rebalance).

nerf or boost?

LF nerf, berries too cheap atm

edit: you can boost the leppas, i dont mind those being boosted as sweet scent burns too many

Edited by axx

Personally I haven't started berry farming yet.. 

Reason one being because of this post here, dying because you're not on often enough to water them. Reason two, the market for berries are going to be shit to begin with because everyone is doing it and at some point there will be a dump.

Reason three:  ....Well farming is relatively boring, I don't have a green thumb. 

Personally I haven't started berry farming yet.. 

Reason one being because of this post here, dying because you're not on often enough to water them. Reason two, the market for berries are going to be shit to begin with because everyone is doing it and at some point there will be a dump.

Reason three:  ....Well farming is relatively boring, I don't have a green thumb. 

You should try it, it's really not bad. It's a big exaggerated how bad it is. There's a lot of money in it and you can pop out a ton (100+) of useful berries every 2 days.

First of all, there may be some merit in extending the time before a berry tree withers with some alterations (I am personally of the belief that the system may require a rebalance).

But it's important to note that our current implementation does not have enough information to present the concept of decay in full.

We should be listing the berry growth times - decay is simply extra time added onto that, it's not tied to the overall growth life of the plant.

Because we don't display this number it's hard to plan your growing time correctly and it's definitely something that I think needs a fix first and foremost.

just make one thing sure:

that a normal human playing once a day (so every 24 hours) is able to plant and harvets some berries, even if not at the most efficient rate. because othewise the feature will exclud too many players form being feasable for them.

You should try it, it's really not bad. It's a big exaggerated how bad it is. There's a lot of money in it and you can pop out a ton (100+) of useful berries every 2 days.

and now tell us exactly when you water them to achieve this. and place a random hole of 18hours into ot where most humans have sleep/work and see how much is elft of your 100+ berries per 2 days. Sure if I have no job or low amounts of sleep, or even set my alarm to the needed times I cna water them as needed, but such a no Lifing shouldn't be reuqired

No bullshit, just Games  - that actually doesn't counts for the current implementation of Berries.