[forum] make a pinned thread on general discussion for quick questions

Kyokatsu

10 answers to this question

A bit outdated but still does the job. You can also post questions there.

Also, there's no such thing as a "useless thread", if a player has a question and makes a thread asking about it, we will always answer it, regardless of what the question is and how "dumb/obvious" it is.

Just now, Pereiraa said:

Also, there's no such thing as a "useless thread", if a player has a question and makes a thread asking about it, we will always answer it, regardless of what the question is and how "dumb/obvious" it is.

3 minutes ago, Munya said:

FAQ Is usually used for that, but people don't read the pinned threads before posting.

Something should be done about it then, perharps creating a subforum for questions would solve the problem? atleast people would post their dumb questions there instead of spamming them in general discussion

1 minute ago, Kyokatsu said:

Something should be done about it then, perharps creating a subforum for questions would solve the problem? atleast people would post their dumb questions there instead of spamming them in general discussion

Even if we had a separate subsection, I think realistically none of the people posting said threads would bother reading the rest of the other sections and still post in General Discussion.

1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

Even if we had a separate subsection, I think realistically none of the people posting said threads would bother reading the rest of the other sections and still post in General Discussion.

Some don't even follow the suggestion post 10 post requirement, so yeah

Just now, Darkshade said:

I think they would, they post questions in general discussion because they think its the best place to ask, if there was a big 'QUESTIONS' subforum they would logically  post there instead and even if they dont, the threads should just be moved, which wouldn't be a lot of work since there aren't that many

2 minutes ago, Champlooo said:

Some don't even follow the suggestion post 10 post requirement, so yeah

if there wasn't a 10 post requirement they wouldn't post suggestions in general

4 minutes ago, Kyokatsu said:

I think they would, they post questions in general discussion because they think its the best place to ask, if there was a big 'QUESTIONS' subforum they would logically  post there instead and even if they dont, the threads should just be moved, which wouldn't be a lot of work since there aren't that many

They post in General Discussion because it is the first subforum they find that they can post in.

9 hours ago, Pereiraa said:

Actually there is, especially when somebody makes a thread asking how he can beat Team Aqua in Hoenn, while he could've just googled it.

1 hour ago, ShadowGary said:

Actually there is, especially when somebody makes a thread asking how he can beat Team Aqua in Hoenn, while he could've just googled it.

That's fine. We'll still answer it, I just can't see how that damages the other forum users. We answer it -> gets trashed after 1 or 2 days. So what's the big deal? 

Even if we did make a subforum just for that it would serve no purpose because they would still post in General Discussion, and that is completely fine.