[PSL 7] Week Four

#Securing victory

#Too late

#Psl awards

#Dodge battle

I didn't read rules and i don't even need to read rules too. If this is a fighting league. Don't even need to think anything except battle. You can win or lose. Be a man and do what you need to do. If you cant find a time for this. You are just a coward.

#I have to win for my team

#Whats bets say

#2k man defeated 21k man

#Feeling bad my score bad

#Perform at maximum potential

Play for yourself. Not for team, 'Player Super League'

This name wrong. Change it to "Championship Manager" or something like this.

Just now, xStarr said:

That's the important part. That's what psl is all about, playing you Match. 

Playing your match is important, but for me, it doesn't take precedence over winning because ultimately that's what I play this game for. I'm not going to put myself in an uncomfortable position just to uphold this PSL spirit of playing my match.

If we're going to continue saying shit like "PSL is all about playing your match" then don't allow DC wins anymore because that's not a legit win. Players like Havsha and Xilias have tried to play their matches when their net was shit and ended up losing. I'm saying this from experience, because if you've ever put yourself in a similarly uncomfortable situation and then come out the loser, you'd have this feeling of regret and that's the worst feeling ever. 

4 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

Playing your match is important, but for me, it doesn't take precedence over winning because ultimately that's what I play this game for. I'm not going to put myself in an uncomfortable position just to uphold this PSL spirit of playing my match.

If we're going to continue saying shit like "PSL is all about playing your match" then don't allow DC wins anymore because that's not a legit win. Players like Havsha and Xilias have tried to play their matches when their net was shit and ended up losing. I'm saying this from experience, because if you've ever put yourself in a similarly uncomfortable situation and then come out the loser, you'd have this feeling of regret and that's the worst feeling ever. 

i get that yubell wouldnt play that time, but we have 1 WHOLE day left for sunday, why didnt coolio make a sub? cause yubell is his best NU and doesnt wanna risk anyone else?

2. why not give an extension as i said in my earlier post, gaz was available for 4 days, and yub for 3 days.. it just happened that the issue exploded late in the week when gaz is only available on sunday. so why not an extension? i dont see why? why does it have to be a free win

seriously this is the NU match of the season lets do this. kaero did his best to play with yubell, even on the whole sunday kaero logged in waiting for yubell spaming him whispers to check if online and he didnt show up. 

Edited by SpartacusGD
1 minute ago, NikhilR said:

Players like Havsha and Xilias have tried to play their matches when their net was shit and ended up losing.

I saw Xilias battle and i became mad after that. But there is no come back if we think logical. Because if we think like both side prepared 6 pokemons for battle each other. And one of them dc'ed. Some pokemons and movesets revealed already. You can't wait suddenly re-match.

Talking about DC wins now is just out of topic.

I don't think that the late hour was a big issue, yubel is always online at those hours if you notice well. Kaerodactyl was probably more disadvantaged. 

What is more possible is that he simply wasn't ready to battle Kaerodactyl, which is understandable but which doesn't explain the activity win.

Edited by XPLOZ
Just now, SpartacusGD said:

i get that yubell wouldnt play that time, but we have 1 WHOLE day left for sunday, why didnt coolio make a sub? cause yubell is his best NU and doesnt wanna risk anyone else?

2. why not give an extension as i said in my earlier post, gaz was available for 4 days, and yub for 3 days.. it just happened that the issue exploded late in the week when gaz is only available on sunday. so why not an extension? i dont see why? why does it have to be a free win

I honestly don't know the full story regarding the availability of both players because I guess I'm missing a sort of a timeline and their PM convos. From what I gathered of JJ and Orange's posts, Yub was supposed to play Gazelli on Saturday and Gaz didn't show up. Yub knows fuck all about this and Gaz then edits his post in the PM, from Saturday to Sunday which doesn't give Yubell any notification whatsoever, which possibly keeps him in dark of Gaz's availability on Sunday.

About point 2, I can't argue much about that, but that's what the rules were and changing it for this one instance could possibly lead to several other players pushing for their match after the week is over. 

Okay sure he didn't want to be in a position he couldn't play his match but why isn't there an extension? We had Kaero available and also coolio could've made a sub. 

Anyway, your telling me because  he was in a position to not play his match he gets the activity win? Pure bull. 

Just now, Suneet said:

There are two sides to every coin my friend, the question is, why did you not try to contact him either?

34 minutes ago, Kaerodactyl said:

4889170c29.png

- Gaz can't play I don't really know why but apparently I sub him so. JJ said I can play.

- It is possible to play in 10?

- I have to play vs you?`

- Yes, It is good for you?

- Idk it is 4am here in france

- same for me man lol, spart woke me up on fb and ask me If I could play now, -_-, don't tell me I am came for nothing lol

- At least answer me Don't wanna wait for nothing

- It is 4am I am tired, am gonna sleep soon

- I was sleeping too.

Guess I did

4 minutes ago, Suneet said:

There are two sides to every coin my friend, the question is, why did you not try to contact him either?

Well to be fair, this substitution has been announced yesterday at 4am (GMT+1 timezone) and Kaerodactyl tried to contact YUBEL at 4am yesterday. I don't think he could have done much better than this. 

Then he had no other possibility of scheduling the battle because YUBEL didn't show up the whole Sunday and no substitution was made.

Edited by XPLOZ

Why dont you guys ask @Arimanius about the likelihood of being granted an extension? Here's the thing though, if bowser or Nikh needed an extension or else theyd get an activity loss, JJ wouldn't bend the rules for them either. I think youve gotta respect the consistency, players know what theyre getting into when they sign up for psl. In this case, gaz and yubellll both took risks by scheduling for the weekend - anyone who has played PSL knows that if you schedule for the weekend and something goes wrong, youre taking your chances with an activity win/no contest

Just now, Gunthug said:

Why dont you guys ask @Arimanius about the likelihood of being granted an extension? Here's the thing though, if bowser or Nikh needed an extension or else theyd get an activity loss, JJ wouldn't bend the rules for them either. I think youve gotta respect the consistency, players know what theyre getting into when they sign up for psl. In this case, gaz and yubellll both took risks by scheduling for the weekend - anyone who has played PSL knows that if you schedule for the weekend and something goes wrong, youre taking your chances with an activity win/no contest

but then technically both lost!? :o

5 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

I saw Xilias battle and i became mad after that. But there is no come back if we think logical. Because if we think like both side prepared 6 pokemons for battle each other. And one of them dc'ed. Some pokemons and movesets revealed already. You can't wait suddenly re-match.

Talking about DC wins now is just out of topic.

Then you can postpone the match to a later date and run different teams. That would solve the whole issue of dc wins. 

Another way to look at it is how Yubell hardly had any time to prepare for Kaero, while Gazelli had enough time and could have then passed on the information to Kaero at the last minute. That would be leaving Yubell at a disadvantage, which is essentially what I'm trying to tell, never play when you're at a disadvantage. 

Just now, McTermi said:

but then technically both lost!? :o

well in this scenario Gaz scheduled for saturday and then edited his post to say sunday, how was yubelll supposed to know that? Gaz probably didn't have negative intentions when he did it, I believe him when he says he was just trying to reschedule and probably used the wrong way to do it. But regardless, I think that makes this a little more his fault. Now, I agree with GB that i'd probably lean towards no contest here, but I recused my vote since I'm too personally involved w/the decision

What information lol cmon Nik. Read the damn whispers.

me Kaero and Spart were online. Gaz was not on.

i literally said let's go scout yub up in Verm ch8.

where do u see info being passed by Gaz? He wasnt even online on forums.