[LC] Petit Power! (24th August)

Details

Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 64 Players | 6v6 LC | Bracket

Date & Time

Friday, 24th | 9pm UTC - 10pm BST - 5PM EDT   Time Zone Converter

Registration

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup". You may only enter on one account.

Clauses

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

LC Ban List

Spoiler

Little Cup Ban List

Tangela

Yanma

Sneasel

Scyther

Gligar

Meditite

Move Ban List

Spoiler

Dragon Rage

Sonic Boom

First Place Prize

15350829738681523723490271195189.jpg

Shiny GIFT Scraggy

Your choice of nature, two moves, with IVs 2x31 & 4x25

&

1,000,000 Pokeyen OR 1,000 Reward Points

Second Place Prize

500,000 Pokeyen OR 500 Reward Points

Third & Fourth Place Prize

250,000 Pokeyen OR 250 Reward Points

I don't think many of us were entirely sure LC was even "alive" yet, seems super weird to have an official tournament on the literally same day the tournament thread was posted. Let alone 64 man bracket. I think for LC the tournaments for start should be posted at least a week in advance, preferably two weeks so people can properly prepare for them.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Little Cup but what I'm afraid of is a sub 32 man bracket because no one is prepared, cancelled tournament and it seems unjustly that people don't care for LC.

Edit: Your thread title says 24th August but OP refers to "Wednesday". One of those two are wrong.

Edited by OrangeManiac

You may call it a test tournament if you like. I am just testing the amount of players participating in a particular event with tournaments like these (like Like non shiny prize weekday dubs/UU or 128 seat NUs with shiny) and plan my next events accordingly. If the participation in this tournament will not be enough, I will make a lower seat LC tournament next tournament.

I posted the details as soon as I got the approval but my apologies for posting it on such a short notice. 

17 minutes ago, Lightningvolt said:

You may call it a test tournament if you like. I am just testing the amount of players participating in a particular event with tournaments like these (like Like non shiny prize weekday dubs/UU or 128 seat NUs with shiny) and plan my next events accordingly. If the participation in this tournament will not be enough, I will make a lower seat LC tournament next tournament.

I posted the details as soon as I got the approval but my apologies for posting it on such a short notice. 

I would just repeat my points, but please do not draw any conclusions based on this tournament alone. Especially something like dropping number of seats because no one had the time to prepare any comps in 17 hours. I think that would undermine Little Cup from its start and this was finally the time Little Cup was supposed to turn into a fun balanced metagame with the introduction of Eviolite.

10 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

I don't think many of us were entirely sure LC was even "alive" yet, seems super weird to have an official tournament on the literally same day the tournament thread was posted. Let alone 64 man bracket. I think for LC the tournaments for start should be posted at least a week in advance, preferably two weeks so people can properly prepare for them.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Little Cup but what I'm afraid of is a sub 32 man bracket because no one is prepared, cancelled tournament and it seems unjustly that people don't care for LC.

Edit: Your thread title says 24th August but OP refers to "Wednesday". One of those two are wrong.

I totally agree with this. There has been one LC tournament since Unova came out, so I didn't even start making new comp LC-pokemon from this generation yet, because it felt like LC was not a thing anymore. I did get the resources to make new comp pokemon, but i didnt make any pokemon yet because i was not sure LC would come back and if it would come back, maybe the HA dungeons would be here first. But just like Orange said, i also love LC and i'm happy it's back.

I also see this tournament being called a ''test tournament'' but then you must consider:

- There was almost no time to prepare for this tournament.

- This period there are many updates (planned or already done), which could be important (eviolite, abilities, hidden abilities) and this updates have consequences for teams so at this point there was more preparation time needed than ever, so back to my first statement.

- There has only been one LC-tournament since Unova came out, so there are few pokemon (that are not banned yet) that will probably get banned (soon from LC) so there are players that want to 'wait and see' what pokemon to make/not to make.

It looks like a bunch of complaining, but it's not meant like this. I'm happy LC is back and i just dont want wrong conclusions to be made because of this tournament, because maybe it's not as representative as expected. 

Good luck to all the players and i hope many come and participate, even if they didn't come as prepared as before!

And also a shout-out to LightningVolt for bringing LC back with an amazing reward, thanks for that!

Edited by athelstan

We can't let a tier die that easy just because it was inactive for some time, at least I can't.

I have already addressed some of the points that you have mentioned but I'll reply to them again.

23 minutes ago, athelstan said:

I also see this tournament being called a ''test tournament'' but then you must consider:

1.There was almost no time to prepare for this tournament.

2 This period there are many updates (planned or already done), which could be important (eviolite, abilities, hidden abilities) and this updates have consequences for teams so at this point there was more preparation time needed than ever, so back to my first statement.

3 There has only been one LC-tournament since Unova came out, so there are few pokemon (that are not banned yet) that will probably get banned (soon from LC) so there are players that want to 'wait and see' what pokemon to make/not to make

1. Apologies for such a late post about the tournament but I tried to post it as fast as I could.

2. Abilities, Moves or Items shouldn't be an issue for LC as most if not all of them have implemented with just one or two remaining move/ability or item.

Hidden abilities can be an issue for some sets but as Suigin has adviced try to breed them as 4x(28+)/31 rather than 5x for now as they can be used later for breeding Hidden abilities into those sets.

3. That's upto the tier council to decide and I agree that there might be changes once the TC gets some usage data for this meta of LC. It's upto the player to decide if they want to participate or if they aren't ready yet.

About 

10 hours ago, Lightningvolt said:

You may call it a test tournament if you like.

Tbh, I collect data and learn from every tournament I or the other staff members host.

54 minutes ago, Lightningvolt said:

About 

Tbh, I collect data and learn from every tournament I or the other staff members host.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you believe is the point of collecting data that's heavily influenced by current events?

Not sure that I get exactly what you're asking but I as a host I wish for maximum participation in my tournaments and events but along with that I have to follow the rules and guidelines for event hosting and management. 

I test with the their seats, time, prize, tiers etc for the maximum amount of participation in them.

By collecting data about these , I am able to better judge those factors and host better events.

• MPDH changed the title to [LC] Petit Power! (24th August)
  • YIBU locked this topic