Mechanics Help! Confused with speed/item mechanic. Detail's below

Correction - VIPER i meant Arbok (edit)

Opponent Fantina Gym - Jellicent Level 63 Stats Unkown (No Choice Scarf) (nature Unkown) (Evs Unkown)

Me - Viper level 78 (Black Sludge) Jolly nature (252 speed/Health)

No Weather is in effect and No buffs are used. What am i overlooking? How is he outspeeding Viper? Help appreciated!!! Am i a big dumby?

Edited by Bdblonewolf
2 hours ago, Bdblonewolf said:

Opponent Fantina Gym - Jellicent Level 63 Stats Unkown (No Choice Scarf) (nature Unkown) (Evs Unkown)

Me - Viper level 78 (Black Sludge) Jolly nature (252 speed/Health)

No Weather is in effect and No buffs are used. What am i overlooking? How is he outspeeding Viper? Help appreciated!!! Am i a big dumby?

https://calc.pokemonshowdown.com/

introduce your stats and opponent there, @Rachedidnt give them perfect IVs, and I'm not sure if they even have a nature that's not neutral. They might have items I guess? Also instead of telling your pokemon nickname, tell which one it is.

8 hours ago, Rache said:

If the rest of the team was Mismagius / Wobbuffet / Drifblim / Chandelure / Dusknoir, the Jellicent actually does have a Choice Scarf, and it has high enough speed for it to matter.

Thanks for the input! I use Arbok not viper (smh). In the Rebattle with rache, the jellicent is not loosing health after the attacks (choice scarf on the item description shows 10% loss) does this perticular team buff each other in a special way? 

The problem isn't beating her its mainly where i Test things or run trials, but then sometimes i hit some wall with a overlooked Mechanic 

16 minutes ago, Bdblonewolf said:

Thanks for the input! I use Arbok not viper (smh). In the Rebattle with rache, the jellicent is not loosing health after the attacks (choice scarf on the item description shows 10% loss) does this perticular team buff each other in a special way? 

The problem isn't beating her its mainly where i Test things or run trials, but then sometimes i hit some wall with a overlooked Mechanic 

for the 10percent loss, you are talking about the life orb

2 hours ago, Bdblonewolf said:

Choice Scarf gives the holder 50% more speed but are locked into only using one attack.

Life Orb would take away 10% of the users total HP but gives 30% more power on attacks, as BiuBiv written