PokeMMO Doubles Tierlist[DISCUSSION]

my-image.thumb.png.2554839e093b24da1cc9b839f3bc7eb1.png

Tier S: pokes absolute insane or perfect in their roles, hard to counter, hard to switch vs that poke, hard to kill,their can Enter in any kind of estrategies or arquetipes.You always need to think in these pokes in any moment:in The teambuilding, un The damage calculator, in The aperture, in The mind Game, etc. If You don't have nothing For a Tier S poke You LOSE. To have only one Tier S poke=1 win condition FREE+50% minimun succesfull teambuilding

Tier A: Excelent pokemons than You always need to consider in teambuilding and The damage calculator. Example: How damage resist My Rotom-W/Bronzong/etc of a Mienshao's Close Combat, Salamence's Dragon gem Draco meteor, Serperior's+2sp atk Hidden Power Fire,etc? 

They makes the format, the speed base of the tier, the bulk, the damage, the typing, the COREs , the apertures,etc. All the strategies needs a Tier A poke or your team is dead.

Tier B: Good pokes, with good moveset or role but is not The protagonist or is not The real problem of the battle without "Nice" conditions For The strategy. They can become a problem but They aren't independently like Tier A or S pokes. You can skip The damage calculation of their atacks in some cases because Tier A pokes have more stats or resources For support or tank or sweep or boosted in clean turns. Tier B pokes are really good, but You only have to consider than(if You don't have one) in The team preview or mind Game.

Tier C: Interesting Pokemons You consider "complements" For specific situación:if You need a anti-intimidate poke, a Prankster poke, a specific kind of sweeper or partner, a support antirain, etc. That pokes are OUTCLASSED For Tier A and B pokes.(Don't try yo compare a Tier C poke with Tier S). Examples: intimidate arcanine is OUTCLASSED For intimidate Salamence with Draco meteor(dragon gem) and Heat Wave (life orb) , Salamence has inmunity to EQ, resist water type,it's fastier than arcanine, Salamence also has a insane movepool with The same cobertures of Arcanine.

😧Tier D 😧Harly ever that pokes are advicying, are todo slow or OUTCLASSED For a Lot of pokes, has a poor offensive pressure, poor stats, or are GIMMICKS.

Tier S:

Crobat: The Best support of the Game, it's fastier, great typing For The format,perfect support movepool: Tailwind, Taunt, Haze, Quick guard, Super fang. You can't outspeed crobat with any scarf Pokémon and if Crobat has TW Your climatic sweepers are conditioned For crobat or its partner. Crobat also has Acrobatics +flyging gem conditioned all The turns and all The switchs in The battle. Crobat also has Inner focus hability... Crobat can't be intimidate or FLINCH. Crobat gifts You The Best 1st turn of the Game. Crobat+Mienshao is The Best aperture of the game.

Tyranitar: This poke is absurdly consistent in any kind of strategy and could have a Lot of ítems. Tyra life orb, scarf, assault Beast, leftovers, chople berry, etc. Tyranitar in tradicional Sand team, TR, set up, Good stuff, Double weather, without sweeper of Sand team. Tyranitar can run with a Lot of pokes: crobat,Salamence , Rotom-W, Rotom-M, Rotom-H, Metagross, Mienshao, Hitmontop,Gastrodon, Milotic, Hydreigon, Excadrill, Gyarados, etc. Tyra also has The Best off. Move of Doubles PokeMMO format:Rock Slide(with STAB). Tyranitar condition all your switchs(with Tailwind or without this) and can resist a Lot of atacks with Nice stats and buff of its weather(weather it start). To have one Tyranitar un your team=1 WIN CONDITION+75-85%succesfull Teambuilding 

DISCLAIMERS:

-Arcanine is Tier C, but I forgott Upload the image in The tiermaker.

-This post is a analysis of the tier:January 11th

-Competitive format≠Pokes I wanna use. If a poke of You wanna use is a Tier S ir A it's ok, but if You don't think in The format and You wanna building a TR strategy(For example) without Dusclops and/or Bronzong your TR Harly ever Will win.

Edited by GMjoshua
5 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

This already exists both in forums and in Discord https://discord.gg/enXd3YRt

You are more than welcome to contribute to it but it's better to make your rankings in an already existing thread.

Last Update: September 8, 2022. For now, this tierlist is more accurate than Viability Ranking because it consider all HA released(VR until it got updated again only are considering HA released on part 2 update(All list of HA Released, most part is garbage to doubles tbh: Eeveelutions, Meowth, Pikachu, Clefairy, and Starters except Blaziken), so isn't 100% accurate). Better to send on Doubles VR thread? Yes. But for now, taking onto consideration that the said thread are outdated, sending there would be the same of posting anything on a thread moved to Archive(only hipotetical, we can't post on archived threads lol, but if we could nobody would see.).

Edited by caioxlive13
1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

Last Update: September 8, 2022. For now, this tierlist is more accurate than Viability Ranking because it consider all HA released(VR until it got updated again only are considering HA released on part 2 update(All list of HA Released, most part is garbage to doubles tbh: Eeveelutions, Meowth, Pikachu, Clefairy, and Starters except Blaziken), so isn't 100% accurate). Better to send on Doubles VR thread? Yes. But for now, taking onto consideration that the said thread are outdated, sending there would be the same of posting anything on a thread moved to Archive(only hipotetical, we can't post on archived threads lol, but if we could nobody would see.).

Rakhmaninov's viability rankings are mostly up to date, even taking consideration Hidden Abilities as he constantly updates his list based on the constant discussion we do in Discord. He also regularly takes part in those Discord discussions, or at least actively follows our discussion. The latest incoming HAs have done relatively little to change the viability rankings of Doubles, only 1-2 Pokemon arguably may have had their rankings changed because of HA in Doubles.

Also, this tierlist is just not accurate. I'll give the OP credit and respect for trying to make a tierlist of Doubles Pokemon but to be completely honest, I'd say like at least 1/4th of them are simply misplaced and I think most Doubles players would probably agree. The OP is definitely allowed and welcomed to share their opinion about the viability of each Doubles mon but viability rankings is always a collaboration of multiple experts in that metagame, rather than ever being fully made just by 1 person. 

Also, if I was you, I'd probably refrain from evaluating which tierlist is "the most accurate" because to put it simply - you just lack the experience, knowledge or any kind of competitive achievements to be considered a credible source for such evaluation.

39 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Rakhmaninov's viability rankings are mostly up to date, even taking consideration Hidden Abilities as he constantly updates his list based on the constant discussion we do in Discord. He also regularly takes part in those Discord discussions, or at least actively follows our discussion. The latest incoming HAs have done relatively little to change the viability rankings of Doubles, only 1-2 Pokemon arguably may have had their rankings changed because of HA in Doubles.

Also, this tierlist is just not accurate. I'll give the OP credit and respect for trying to make a tierlist of Doubles Pokemon but to be completely honest, I'd say like at least 1/4th of them are simply misplaced and I think most Doubles players would probably agree. The OP is definitely allowed and welcomed to share their opinion about the viability of each Doubles mon but viability rankings is always a collaboration of multiple experts in that metagame, rather than ever being fully made just by 1 person. 

Also, if I was you, I'd probably refrain from evaluating which tierlist is "the most accurate" because to put it simply - you just lack the experience, knowledge or any kind of competitive achievements to be considered a credible source for such evaluation.

The list on forum have been updated for the last time on September. From there, we have some changes, even if are few some of they are notable enough. Want a example: Amoongus. You must agree that even he "only" gained regenerator, the ability was enough to raise it from B to A- for instance because Regen can help him do one of their jobs that are redirect attacks with Rage Powder. Now with a mon that can protect allies from non-AoE moves and recover their HP easily, he received a good upgrade. iirc, Amoongus now is the only user of redirecting moves(Follow Me and/or Rage Powder) with acess to Regenerator. Also, Prankster mons like Sableye and Murkrow i agree that they not deserve a Rank very high like S/A+/A, but they at least B/B- they deserve, because with prankster they got a value on tier. Especially Sableye and the moves it can use, a very valuable kit for Prankster users. With required support you can make they work.

The list of GMJoshua is very imprecise? Of course. I would never put Kingdra/Ludicolo, above Pelipper. Or Jolteon in C(D for him is more appropriate, Raichu outclass jolteon very much on the role of absorbing electric attack. More slow but with bulk a bit better than Jolteon, also with acess to Follow Me + Fake Out.)

Edited by caioxlive13
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the support @OrangeManiac

On 1/12/2023 at 3:14 PM, caioxlive13 said:

The list on forum have been updated for the last time on September.

The fact that the viability rankings for doubles hasn't been updated in a while (although I've just updated it now) speaks to the fact that it is a very stable metagame, in comparison to the singles tiers. Please let me know any suggestions you have, and we'll consider them for the rankings as a collective effort.

Here's the discord link: https://discord.gg/prUxrFNh

I encourage a healthy debate about this, so let's please be as charitable as possible in our arguments.

Sableye and Murkrow will be considered for ranking.

All the best, Rakh

1 minute ago, Rakhmaninov said:

Thanks for the support @OrangeManiac

The fact that the viability rankings for doubles hasn't been updated in a while (although I've just updated it now) speaks to the fact that it is a very stable metagame, in comparison to the singles tiers. Please let me know any suggestions you have, and we'll consider them for the rankings as a collective effort.

Here's the discord link: https://discord.gg/prUxrFNh

I encourage a healthy debate about this, so let's please be as charitable as possible in our arguments.

Sableye and Murkrow will be considered for ranking.

All the best, Rakh

i mentioned because some HAs(Aka prankster Users and Amoongus) got a good niche to be considered to be at least mentioned on VR.