using pokedex during battle

HEARTEATERS

Question

15 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, Michelle said:

If it is something you do often, perhaps rebinding your A&B buttons would help.

No.

I don't think it's intended and is probably a bug that never got fixed. Any key that is binded to something will do that thing instead of typing letter. If you play on keyboard you have at least 4 letters that you can't type because you need them to move. Depending on your keyboard inputs, and where you put A/B buttons, it can be more. It's very annoying. I hope it gets fixed. 

4 hours ago, Poufilou said:

No.

I don't think it's intended and is probably a bug that never got fixed. Any key that is binded to something will do that thing instead of typing letter. If you play on keyboard you have at least 4 letters that you can't type because you need them to move. Depending on your keyboard inputs, and where you put A/B buttons, it can be more. It's very annoying. I hope it gets fixed. 

I see, I use the arrow keys and Alt/Space for A/B, to avoid any keyboard mistakes, even when just chatting. For this reason I'll likely never encounter this problem.

I also noticed that!

I just did complete my dex to be able a never get out of the game for search for Pokemons and I figured that I cant benefit from that while in a battle because it forces me to select the move. I went to check that Pokemon on Smogon before attack.

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I see, I use the arrow keys and Alt/Space for A/B, to avoid any keyboard mistakes, even when just chatting. For this reason I'll likely never encounter this problem.

Awesome. Thank you for share with us the solution you got. I think it might be helpful.

No.

In my case it is much worse. I use W A S D as arrows plus A B as buttons. So I am almost never able to complete a Pokemon name on dex.

41 minutes ago, keirama said:

I am against using the pokedex in the middle of the duel. to see the movements of the opponent. and take advantage of it. pvp is a memory game if you don't remember which moves to use .. don't pvp .

This has nothing to do with PvP. It occurs during all battles and is an inconvenience for every kind of players. But it seems you only commented here to sound tough so I'll give you a woah!!! 

2 hours ago, keirama said:

I am against using the pokedex in the middle of the duel. to see the movements of the opponent. and take advantage of it. pvp is a memory game if you don't remember which moves to use .. don't pvp .

1 hour ago, Poufilou said:

This has nothing to do with PvP. It occurs during all battles and is an inconvenience for every kind of players. But it seems you only commented here to sound tough so I'll give you a woah!!! 

As Poufilou said, it's something inconvenient to all battles not pvp only. I agree. I like to check the Pokemon types on battle because I always forget. It would be helpful to add what types are super effective and not effective to the Pokedex.

you have to do exactly the right thing 

xd.jpg

5 hours ago, keirama said:

if only I possessed the same level of autism maybe I'd remember every base stat, and move set lol

4 minutes ago, HEARTEATERS said:

si tan solo tuviera el mismo nivel de autismo tal vez recordaría cada estadística base y me movería lol

personally . I would not use it in the middle of battle, you lose waiting time. and seconds are worth every damn second. see the pokedex 😄

valo la pena.jpg