[WC 6] Miles's Picks Extra: WC Controversials

7 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

France didn't sign up not because of lack of LC players (I play it myself) but because no one was motivated to play for the country after the catastrophic World Cup 5. 

With this format countries don't rly matter eitherway, you can just play for whichever team you want 😉 So which country are or are not participating doesn't rly matter, it's likely that players from teams that didn't enter will participate under another tag

On 8/23/2023 at 5:55 AM, caioxlive13 said:

And in which point i say LC was needed to be flat banned from World Cup? Clearly people can't read.

What i proposed is basically a rework on World Cup 5 rule for LC compatibility, with a change to force a country that have enough players that play that tier to play it so countrys with high amount of LC players wouldn't abuse from rule. Just still let the resource avaliable to some countrys that do not have enough LC players like Germany(1 player on last WC iirc) to avoid have auto-loss on LC. At same time a country like Spain that have 7 LC players last year would have to play LC, and would not try to abuse the rule to avoid the tier at all.

Before you say: "The country can avoid the rule by simply discarding LC players until they had 2 and rejecting the tier." Well, hosts are not fools, they can avoid it: I placed on rule the Word "registered" instead of "selected" and this changes the whole rule. If was Selected, then the rule could be exploited. But being registered players stops all that, because if the country has 5 LC players, they can discard all of them, will still be LC compatible. 

Because you are taking germany as an example for LC.

We mainly struggled with LC last season because we had 6 overall players (7 on paper but 1 quit the game) and our only LC player was our only dubs player.

For this year gb did a very early announcement of the tiers. We (in this case me) had a lot of time to prepare for LC Meta and since LC is a single tier I think most of the battle skills are transferable, you just need to get into teambuilding.

We even ended up picking LC in the qualifier because our LC Prep was a counterteam to the team OU ran in the first game.

Overall LC isn't a problem if you are invested in the game + different to last worldcup we are able to recrute players if we miss a tier. Last year they had to pause 1 year before switching the country.

More than enough resources for anyone to improve on LC even if its not a currently available tier in game.

Unlimited resources available online about standard LC gameplay and related stuff, and also there are publicly available test servers where you can test teams with friends.
All of the games from this year's LCPL were recorded so more than enough games to watch and learn from, along with some games from previous LCPLs as well
Also to mention the weekly tours which are conducted by pouf and some other hosts as well to help gain some experience in a less casual environment.

I myself started to properly learn LC towards the end of last year, and i went 6-2 in this year's LCPL with my team winning it, so if i can do it within that time, anyone who is willing to put the effort in can do it, so dont complain unnecessarily and see how you can improve yourself

Edited by Onraider
39 minutes ago, Eipott said:

Because you are taking germany as an example for LC.

We mainly struggled with LC last season because we had 6 overall players (7 on paper but 1 quit the game) and our only LC player was our only dubs player.

I talked Germany as a example because they rejected LC but they fairly rejected LC(And also because you guys was in our group past world cup). I wasn't against Germany reject LC, because they doesn't had LC players to play. I was against countrys with 4, 5 LC players drop off the tier.

For this year gb did a very early announcement of the tiers. We (in this case me) had a lot of time to prepare for LC Meta and since LC is a single tier I think most of the battle skills are transferable, you just need to get into teambuilding.

LC could be prepared on time that Unnefable give as well. However the option was announced with same avaliability and some countrys was already planned on drop off, like Brazil. Another major difference is that we had weekly LC tours and a lot of LC to play and pratice, more than past year.

Overall LC isn't a problem if you are invested in the game + different to last worldcup we are able to recrute players if we miss a tier. Last year they had to pause 1 year before switching the country.

This rule Unnef placed was pretty fair imo. World Cup is about pairing with your country to play, not build a super team. On pasts world cup and on this one you're able to build super teams, but on WC 5 no. If you want to go play with super teams it's better go to TCL or PSL instead. 

Edited by caioxlive13
2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

I talked Germany as a example because they rejected LC but they fairly rejected LC(And also because you guys was in our group past world cup). I wasn't against Germany reject LC, because they doesn't had LC players to play. I was against countrys with 4, 5 LC players drop off the tier.

LC could be prepared on time that Unnefable give as well. However the option was announced with same avaliability and some countrys was already planned on drop off, like Brazil. Another major difference is that we had weekly LC tours and a lot of LC to play and pratice, more than past year.

This rule Unnef placed was pretty fair imo. World Cup is about pairing with your country to play, not build a super team. On pasts world cup and on this one you're able to build super teams, but on WC 5 no. If you want to go play with super teams it's better go to TCL or PSL instead. 

Are you unnefable alt ?

Hi, we have this thread

https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/150700-discussions-about-upcoming-events/#comment-2006589

as well as the event's general thread

to voice opinions about the events. We don't need a separate thread about each event to talk about them. 

I understand you dislike some of the decisions made by the host, but it's the host's job to make those decisions and get the blame for them. A big part of this thread seems to be a personal argument against GB not listening to your suggestions. I'm sorry, but he has a right to do so.

If you made arguments about the tour's format in those threads and they were not considered, that's the host's and the player's decision. 

The paid-to-enter tours are allowed and are one of the ways to ensure the players will not have to finance all the events they put time into organizing and hosting. We also allow LC as a tier in unofficial tours and I'm sure most of the players who follow those community events are aware they have to be prepared for LC.

That being said, I will close this thread as it yet again starts to go into personal arguments.