September-2023 Movement Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

Rain is the smallest of our problems, although Crawdaunt spamming crabhammer on rain is Braindead imo. 
We have to worry about sun. It was a problem in past, and now simply the best sun sweeper is avaliable on UU: Venusaur.
Which mon could stop a Venusaur from getting +2 with growth and clicking their coverage to get 2 or One hit KO on half of UU metagaming? 
"Use prioritys to overtake Venusaur on sun" WHICH ONES? Aqua Jet Crawdaunt and Feraligatr, and Mach Punch are the only avaliable and they tickle venusaur. The best priority against venu, avaliable on UU, is the ultrapowerful Quick Attack Guts SWELLOW. And i'm not kidding, this is the best priority we had that actually hits venusaur. Toxicroak Sucker Punch doesn't work because Toxicroak takes dmg on Sun just by existing on field, without receiving a return.

If Venusaur is that big of a boogie man with sun in UU why not make it BL2? One problematic mon vs a whole archetype. I'm less well versed outside of NU but other abusers sound comfortably handled. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

15 minutes ago, epicdavenport said:

If Venusaur is that big of a boogie man with sun in UU why not make it BL2? One problematic mon vs a whole archetype. I'm less well versed outside of NU but other abusers sound comfortably handled. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

even without venusaur in past, Sun was controversial on UU with Exxegutor.
Pretty sure it will take their place if Venu gets banned.

Edited by caioxlive13
  • Munya locked this topic
  • Munya unfeatured this topic