[Video series] Kanto storyline playthrough with 6 Pidgeys [gameplay]

RysPicz

Spoiler

8766001c27d7aea9db60d3ad4336c61d.jpg

Videos featuring 6 Pidgeys plowing through PokeMMO's Kanto storyline.
To make the run a bit more challenging, I have set some rules for myself:
1. I cannot use moves/ tutors/ items which are not available in the region.
2. Pidgeys cannot evolve.
3. I cannot use Global Trade Link.
4. I cannot change the type of Hidden Power of my Pidgeys.

I have allowed myself to EVtrain the Pidgeys before the run and use Exp candies. The reason for this is that I want to skip the insanely long exp/ evtrain grind for them, which isn't very entertaining unless you're a masochist (like me).

The Pidgeys featured in the playthrough are wild catches as you can probably notice, their IVs and natures are totally random. All of them are gifts from a good friend, to whom I dedicate this series. During the playthrough, I will be collecting all possible items, including the hidden ones. Additionally, I will be collecting the one-only pokemons such as fossils or Eevee.

This first episode features overview of Pidgeys and storyline playthrough up to Vermillion Gym (which I ultimately decided to skip for now).

Viewer discretion is advised, maybe Pidgey is described as "Tiny Bird Pokemon" but in reality it's savage and bloodthirsty. And you are about to witness it first hand.

Edited by RysPicz

Second episode is slightly shorter although features a very entertaining part with Rock Tunnel where a lot of Hikers met their end (with a little bit of help from RNG), however it finishes with a sad note as the Pidgeys got very unlucky against Erika and decided to take a short nap.

This episode shows revenge against Erika, humiliation of Lt. Surge, raiding Rocket HQ and liberation of the Pokemon Tower. We have stopped in Fuchsia after mercilessly destroying the trainers blocking the path to Koga, who is going to be our next victim in the next episode.

In part 4, we start with an epic showdown with self-proclaimed ninja master Koga, who actually turned out to be more problematic than I expected. I have mailed some Ocarinas and Exp candies from main so I won't have to rely on some non-Pidgey pokemons in the party and I will also ensure that all Birbs are on the max level cap.

Then, we loot some routes and visit Safari Zone, finally beating saffron dojo and rescuing Hitmonchan (Iron Fist, yay). Unfortunately, rival in Silph is really goddamn strong and made me wonder about not picking Squirtle as my starter.
Birbs will return.

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING:
Due to technical problems, this video is without sound. Not like you would need it anyway lol

In today's episode, we begin with a visit to Power Plant to get Agility TM, which was supposed to help against Rival in silph. Afterwards, we can see angry birbs are tearing apart rival in Silph, Giovanni and Sabrina. We also loot Silph and Seafoam islands from all valuables and take a breah at a lovely volcanic island.

In today's episode, we are visiting Pokemon mansion on Cinnabar Island, looting everything we find, beating nasty Burglars and finding the Secret Key to Blaine's gym. In the gym itself, we first peck some rich trainers to death, to finally end up getting roasted by Blaine for 30 mins straight. If you like seeing someone losing, then you will have 30 mins of pure pleasure.

After last series of heated battles with Blaine, I decided to ultimately resort to a "strategy" which I did not want to use during this playthrough and ended pretty much completely humiliating the gym leader, claiming his badge. Then, we traveled to first three Sevii islands to run some rewarding errands and got rid of goons on Island 3, rescued Lostelle and delivered the Meteorite to her dad.
Next episode is gonna be heat, due to the nature of the last gym leader's pokemon type- ground very often is combined with ROCK, which is bad news for Birbs.

Edited by RysPicz

Today Birbs visit Viridian gym and tear Giovanni with no mercy. Rival got really lucky though and required 3 attempts- ultimately, even his high level, trained mons, stood no chance against the might of Pidgeys. We have traveled through Victory Road and stood in front of entrance to Elite Four and that will be our next (last) episode.

You might have noticed that I missed 2 items in Victory Road- this was done on purpose, because I do not want to fight those trainers. I'll collect those items after Birbs kill E4.

I wish I could say "we did it" but eh. 

We are at the end of the Birb journey, unfortunately, we are not lucky enough to pass through first Lorelei attempts (if she leads Jynx then it's an instant lose and there's absolutely nothing that can be done) but after we finally manage to roll a favorable lead, we are utterly screwed by Rival's Gyarados, which just went mad RNG mode. 10th time's a charm?

Welcome to the GRAND FINALE, where the best Birbs are taking down the Elite Four and Rival. After hell knows how many tries, the Birbs took their rightful place in the Hall of Fame. Things to note- this was really all RNG. If Lorelei leads Jynx, it's a lead sweep, same for Agatha's Mismagius and Gengar, Lance's Aerodactyl and Rival's Alakazam. I had to roll the perfect leads for every game and also pray for some RNG to help with misses. But all in all, the mission is completed. Entire Kanto storyline has been defeated by Pidgeys. If someone will come to you and say that Kanto storyline is difficult, show them those videos and laugh in their face.

[mic drop]