Lets talk about aniversary

3 hours ago, Stardustkiller28 said:

Guys ¿what you think will be the  New implementation that@rache_ __ said for ankversary

Put here theories

(You doesn't needed to wipe the previous message, you could just had put them onto a spoiler and would be fine)

Based on custom animations for halloween moves, i think that can be Z-Moves, Dynamax or Terastal being added. While Mega Evolution would need the sprites of the mons added, and mega could potentially be, at least half of them, banned to Ubers, those mechanics can be fine to our meta. 

Another possibility could be:
- Raids for catching mons with better IVs and custom prizes, with them having custom moves for the Raid battle
- They can reform something in-game, like the Secret bases. 
- They can also be doing a custom map which indicates either a PokéMMO Island, or Dungeons. The first one is more viable to enter in-game as devs can use it to test if the game can handle custom maps, is a important test to do before thinking on dungeons.

I would love for the implementation to be form variation.
We don't actually need the regions to get other forms.

Mega evolution would be amazing, but would be gamebreaking for the PvP so it would need like 6 months to balance.

The "easier" thing to do would be to either put Y / X, but since Johto is so recent, I highly doubt it.

Upgrade Emerald to Alpha Saphire / Omega Ruby would also be doable, but once again, Johto is too recent, so doubt it.

That said, it's probably adding the 3 birds to Kanto. Or most likely another mythic, Celebi.
They added Johto this year, they can trigger the Arceus event from Soul Silver in order to allow us to get Celebi.

Considering this event we’re currently playing came out absolutely broken and was a mess (boss being absurdly hard, bugs with items everywhere, then they added a second patch to add more “””content””” and nerf the boss but it broke even more stuff like Thief and how items work in Randoms, a terrible ultra rare vanity which made the event bags crash in 4 days… not to mention the bot detection system that “worked perfectly”) I don’t understand how some of you really want them to rush things two more times in less than 2 months.

5 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Considering this event we’re currently playing came out absolutely broken and was a mess (boss being absurdly hard, bugs with items everywhere, then they added a second patch to add more “””content””” and nerf the boss but it broke even more stuff like Thief and how items work in Randoms, a terrible ultra rare vanity which made the event bags crash in 4 days… not to mention the bot detection system that “worked perfectly”) I don’t understand how some of you really want them to rush things two more times in less than 2 months.

It's always fun to chat with Karens, so let there be more of these updates. 

Jokes aside; anniversary event doesn't have to be an annual thing so I wouldn't mind that it gets skipped every now and then. 

PS. Boss wasn't that hard even before nerf. Just needed the right team. 

52 minutes ago, Seth said:

It's always fun to chat with Karens, so let there be more of these updates. 

Jokes aside; anniversary event doesn't have to be an annual thing so I wouldn't mind that it gets skipped every now and then. 

PS. Boss wasn't that hard even before nerf. Just needed the right team. 

Even having the right team meant nothing because what was so hard about it was how heavily RNG-based it was, which was what was addressed with the update.

Anniversary-wise I have to completely agree, the playerbase took it for granted when I thought it was just a one-time thing, and like I mentioned, I'd rather let them breathe and develop new things/improve what we already have than forcing them to juggle with so many release dates, events, etc. If we were voting, full focus on christmas would be my choice, no doubt about that.

6 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Even having the right team meant nothing because what was so hard about it was how heavily RNG-based it was, which was what was addressed with the update.

I know it was addressed and the team I am using like last year (Aero, Krook, Honch and Ttar) is definitely easier now. RNG was a bigger factor for sure but it was still very beatable with the correct item usage. Ofc rng could still be pain, but I wouldn't call it absurdly hard with this team.

1 minute ago, Seth said:

I know it was addressed and the team I am using like last year (Aero, Krook, Honch and Ttar) is definitely easier now. RNG was a bigger factor for sure but it was still very beatable with the correct item usage. Ofc rng could still be pain, but I wouldn't call it absurdly hard with this team.

No yeah don't get me wrong, I don't think it was the end of the world, I just think it was a number of factors adding up all together rather than some specific thing being terribly broken/hard. However I understand/suspect it's because devs had a LOT of stuff on their plate this year with Johto, legendaries and whatnot being added/fixed/tweaked, which is why I'd rather have a clean Christmas event than having two events at half potential, if that makes sense :3

And yeah, you know better than anyone that players WILL complain no matter what (hell, look at the motorbike thread), so I'm all up for devs keeping things simple and not as ambitious for the time being. There's a lot of time for them to improve the game further, last year we had massive QoL updates and reworks and I'm all up for those over yet another "beat this boss, farm its lootboxes" event 😄

2 hours ago, Doctor said:

No yeah don't get me wrong, I don't think it was the end of the world, I just think it was a number of factors adding up all together rather than some specific thing being terribly broken/hard. However I understand/suspect it's because devs had a LOT of stuff on their plate this year with Johto, legendaries and whatnot being added/fixed/tweaked, which is why I'd rather have a clean Christmas event than having two events at half potential, if that makes sense :3

And yeah, you know better than anyone that players WILL complain no matter what (hell, look at the motorbike thread), so I'm all up for devs keeping things simple and not as ambitious for the time being. There's a lot of time for them to improve the game further, last year we had massive QoL updates and reworks and I'm all up for those over yet another "beat this boss, farm its lootboxes" event 😄

Expect Xmas to be the same thing aswell, I don't think think there will be heavy changes, and its normal considering what happened during this year in terms of updates, but at least, there wont be much rng involved by default. But anyway, halloween is the best event by far to make profit, the thing is that this one isn't very worthy anymore so who knows how Xmas will look like in economy terms.

8 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Expect Xmas to be the same thing aswell, I don't think think there will be heavy changes, and its normal considering what happened during this year in terms of updates, but at least, there wont be much rng involved by default. But anyway, halloween is the best event by far to make profit, the thing is that this one isn't very worthy anymore so who knows how Xmas will look like in economy terms.

Oh yeah I also prefer having the exact same event as last year as opposed as them trying to include some new stuff that completely messes their schedule/how the event works at all, I know I'm being conservative but you know, más vale pájaro en mano que cientos volando hahahah