Pumpking Hard is the least fun I've had with this game so far

9 minutes ago, DoNutzWarrior said:

Who u talking to? When did I cry about anything? I'm actually making ur same point but apparently ur text comprehension is laughable. Have a nice one bro ❤️❤️

Where did I say you cried? Nice text comprehension. Appreciate it

here’s a pokemon example for your laughable comprehension: 

rng is when someone finds shiny quickly when you’re balls deep in encounters. It’s not when the pumpking makes a coded move. Everything it does is coded not random 

Edited by TheBloo

Grinding can be fun if the grinding doesn't involve massive amount of RNG, draining resources constantly and the rewards down the line are worth something. If devs choose to scale up difficulty based on RNG, players should not have to spend resources to attempt the boss then. If devs choose to scale up difficulty based on skill, then the boss needs a timer, players need to scout which version of the boss they are facing during the encounter, etc. 

Also, every single event in the past 3 years has been either nerfed or buffed at the half way point. What's the purpose of this aside from fucking people over? When the event is nerfed, players who bothered to put in the work to grind the event get completly screwed because all they have farmed is now worthless. When the event gets buffed, the players who bothered to put in the work to grind the event get completly screwed over because they can't farm anymore. Nerfing or buffing any event is very disrespectful to the playerbase. 

These events used to be accessible to everyone. You could enter the xmas event with nothing and you could still have a spot on the leaderboard if you played your cards correctly. You could beat up kids during the Halloween event and still make more money than regular gym runs. When it comes to gameplay, economy and balancing, these events are just poorly designed. 

12 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Grinding can be fun if the grinding doesn't involve massive amount of RNG, draining resources constantly and the rewards down the line are worth something. If devs choose to scale up difficulty based on RNG, players should not have to spend resources to attempt the boss then. If devs choose to scale up difficulty based on skill, then the boss needs a timer, players need to scout which version of the boss they are facing during the encounter, etc. 

Also, every single event in the past 3 years has been either nerfed or buffed at the half way point. What's the purpose of this aside from fucking people over? When the event is nerfed, players who bothered to put in the work to grind the event get completly screwed because all they have farmed is now worthless. When the event gets buffed, the players who bothered to put in the work to grind the event get completly screwed over because they can't farm anymore. Nerfing or buffing any event is very disrespectful to the playerbase. 

These events used to be accessible to everyone. You could enter the xmas event with nothing and you could still have a spot on the leaderboard if you played your cards correctly. You could beat up kids during the Halloween event and still make more money than regular gym runs. When it comes to gameplay, economy and balancing, these events are just poorly designed. 

Yeah I bred and leveled a Krookodile, Hydreigon, and Weezing for this fight. I had to buy a Krookodile because mine didn't have enough 31s, my Hydreigon was Timid when this strat required Modest, and I didn't use Weezing at all...that was a rather expensive waste of time and resources...

I give up

35 minutes ago, TheBloo said:

rng is when someone finds shiny quickly when you’re balls deep in encounters. It’s not when the pumpking makes a coded move. Everything it does is coded not random 

1 hour ago, Raichuforyou said:

I have about 3 friends who are pretty damn good at Showdown ladder (made it to top 100 on various different ladders) who I invited back to the game to try out Pumpking with me. They were interested at first, and tried out a couple of battles, but it became very apparent that they were just losing interest in terms of how undocumented the "rules" are against Pumpking. They tried a few times on easy mode, then one time on hard, and honestly all decided this probably wasn't worth it as they started to lose money throughout this whole process. It also became very apparent that this was just not fun for anyone involved. I eventually pointed out some cookie cutter sets that were shared on YouTube, but by that point everyone was so disillusioned by Pumpking and just wanted to play another game.

I don't really think this is a skill issue at all. There are definitely players that are beating Pumpking that are frankly pretty bad at PVP. Sure, it's pretty "easy" if you copy someone else's set, and play exactly how they're telling you to play, but does that actually make for a fun event at all?

God bless you

In my country, we say "yar7am weldiiiik" ❤️

18 hours ago, TheBloo said:

Except this isn’t true at all and a lot of runs can be ruined solely on RNG, Lil’ Pump spawning, bad RNG on Fever Dreams, getting critted, Pumpthief when Weezing is out of the battlefield, etc etc etc

16 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

Way worse devs lied on pumps chances to appear, im not even sure the chance of little pump to come out is as what they said on the "nerf" i can't believe im getting it 2-3 times per run , and this morning i got it 3 lil ones in one run.

Comps I borrowed you have bad rng jajaja

19小时前,SphealTeamSix 说:

Yeah I bred and leveled a Krookodile, Hydreigon, and Weezing for this fight. I had to buy a Krookodile because mine didn't have enough 31s, my Hydreigon was Timid when this strat required Modest, and I didn't use Weezing at all...that was a rather expensive waste of time and resources...

31s is too expensive, 30s can handle bosses just as well, you just need to make sure that the Nature is helpful for the battle

Edited by Prande

20231108_161740-min.thumb.jpg.11c9f179a0710e452aee888ea090a7af.jpg

26 minutes ago, Prande said:

31s is too expensive, 30s can handle bosses just as well, you just need to make sure that the Nature is helpful for the battle

How many 31 can you see there? 2x31+ Natu is enough. My Krookodile has defeated the king since 2021 without a problem. If you don't know how the king mechanic works, then you'll lose no matter what poke you are using. Just like that 

Edited by Carlosjxx
1分钟前,Carlosjxx 说:

How many 31 can you see there? 2x31+ Natu is enough. My Krookodile has defeated the king since 2021 without a problem. If you don't know how the king mechanic works, then you'll lose no matter what poke are you using. Just like that 

Right, I think the difficulty of this year's BOOS is still still in the acceptable range and I rarely fail