Unannounced Horde changes?

I failed my Shunt for a shiny Ursaring and got a Donphan a little over a month ago. I got bored after that and since then I've been doing some Shunting for Camerupt and have been breeding for a Shiny Shroomish (1000 eggs deep).

Today I came back to the Ursaring location (Johto Victory Road, South Entrance), and the horde is drastically Donphan favourited now, with me not seeing a single Ursaring horde for at least 10 minutes of Sweet Scenting (looking at the Dex, Ursaring apparently no longer even has a horde location there anymore). Is there anywhere this information has been released?

When I was last here, it was a 50/50 between Donphan and Ursaring, and I was here VERY recently. I don't know when this changed but I'm almost positive it's been at some point during this week, but maybe a little more or less.

It feels like a kick in the nuts to be 15k deep into phase 2 of my Shunt and then it's changed like this with seemingly no information / updates that I can find on the forums.

Is this a bug? I'd be ecstatic if this were the case, but I thought I'd ask here on the forums.

I'm not sure about this one because I've not been there, but Ursaring is now a rare spawn at the Mt Silver location. I was told this was 50/50 before, does the rare spawn means that Ursaring is similar to the Dratini vs Magikarp rates in Dragons Den?

donphan capture.JPG

image.psd.jpg

image.webp

2 minutes ago, EnzoAbbacchio said:

Screenshot_2.png.7cc2022c69c14791d41b60d332b51e7a.png

The hordes that are split/shared with other pokemon now spawn in a ratio proportionate to their rarity.

I hope this clears up the confusion!

When was the rarity of Ursaring changed? Both Donphan and Ursaring were both uncommon spawns as recent as the horde changes (I checked when the changes were made and remember talking to a friend about how happy we were that they were both uncommoin (so 50/50 after changes).

Now I'm seeing no Ursaring hordes at all.

6 minutes ago, OhJesting said:

If you are seeing no Ursaring hordes at all currently that would be because they do not spawn in the winter season in game.

Hibernating accurate to their real life tendencies.

Apologies for not mentioning that right away, wanted to source the horde change mainly but that's the specific cause for your issue, i hope this clears up the confusion!

2 hours ago, EnzoAbbacchio said:

wanted to source the horde change mainly

Since the thread is on changes in horde topic, I've been hearing a lot of players mention that shiny rate in horde has been nerfed, etc.

Is this official too ? If you could please confirm / source or deny this then that'd be great.

7 hours ago, Akshit said:

Since the thread is on changes in horde topic, I've been hearing a lot of players mention that shiny rate in horde has been nerfed, etc.

Is this official too ? If you could please confirm / source or deny this then that'd be great.

Base shiny rate is 1/30,000 for each separate pokemon as per usual.

4 hours ago, lipe3994 said:

This is a lie because on natu spot for example natu is very common and smeargle is uncommon but you see a lot more smeargle hordes than natu for example

Hordes can be encountered via walking, but they're not all weighted equally. Natu and Smeargle hordes both have a 2.5% encounter rate while walking, which translates to a 50% rate with Sweet Scent. For comparison, Larvitar hordes have a 1% rate while walking, which becomes a 20% rate with Sweet Scent as the other horde in the area (Onix) has a 4% encounter rate.

Rates will likely change over time, particularly in areas where one horde is excessively common, but this is what is meant by the quoted fix.

51 minutes ago, zaperlan said:

I haven't been to that location recently, so I can't confirm, but it does sound frustrating if Ursaring suddenly became rare. Could be a bug, but I'd also check if there are any game updates or patches that might've tweaked the spawn rates.

It's not a bug, this is the reason for its absence:

On 12/2/2023 at 7:55 PM, EnzoAbbacchio said:

If you are seeing no Ursaring hordes at all currently that would be because they do not spawn in the winter season in game.

Hibernating accurate to their real life tendencies.

The horde will return after Winter ends.

5 hours ago, KiritoHakz said:

I think this is the right direction. GG. I didnt knew there was winter ingame, where i can see wich station are we now?

In game seasons change every month in the order of spring>summer>autumn>winter. You can spot which season we are in by looking at the environment (trees, grass etc.)

• Enzo locked this topic