I'm here to show you why I disagree with cooperative play. The image speaks for itself, in the end I had to abandon the battle. With all due respect, to obtain a legendary pokemon I don't think it is the right way. We shouldn't depend on others to play. I still respect this game mode, I just think it shouldn't be the only way to get something you want. For envelopes, for example, it would be better with an ascending degree of difficulty.

Screenshot_20240214_072425_PokeMMO.jpg

3 minutes ago, Toritorino said:

You can't choose more Pokémon, even though you still have lives left, I believe there's a bug The message reads: "The sanctuary is asleep"

Screenshot_20240214-073835.png

You have claimed the maximum amount of Pokémon that you can claim for the event I think

1 hour ago, GreenZubat said:

I'm here to show you why I disagree with cooperative play. The image speaks for itself, in the end I had to abandon the battle. With all due respect, to obtain a legendary pokemon I don't think it is the right way. We shouldn't depend on others to play. I still respect this game mode, I just think it shouldn't be the only way to get something you want. For envelopes, for example, it would be better with an ascending degree of difficulty.

Screenshot_20240214_072425_PokeMMO.jpg

Yeah i always hate co-op event cause we have to depends on other to doing things that we wanna do,, why would they even had to make it 4 co-op players and increase the difficulty ij shrine!? 

PokeMMO is supposed to be an MMO. Massively Multiplayer Online.

Basically if you expected to play this game entirely solo, that's not what the game is designed for 😞 

I know it can be frustrating, but I don't think that's a problem at all for Pokémmo. 

@TohnR I only give my opinion. I respect points of view contrary to mine. I think multiplayer is fine for perhaps an exclusive alpha for example, or the sanctuary dungeons that 2 people can play, but I don't like that it is the only way to obtain a pokemon as important as a legendary.

2 hours ago, MisakiMei said:

Yeah sure, name any other thing where you are forced to interact with others to get something

Just because PokeMMO doesn't have enough MMO-like features/content so far doesn't mean it shouldn't have any more in the future ... 😞 
Besides there's many instances of cooperative play in the game, whether it be in competitive play (team tournament, leagues, tags ...) or PvE (through seasonal events like CNY and Xmas, link shunting etc ...)

Edited by TohnR
2 hours ago, TohnR said:

PvE (through seasonal events like CNY and Xmas, link shunting etc ...)

Link shunting isn't even forced because you can do it solo, Xmas just got rid of dungeon and in CNY previous years you weren't forced to go as 4, you could just play as 2 

I will ignore PvP part because there is nothing to unlock that cannot be archieved by playing solo and most stuff is community driven anyway.

5 hours ago, SageKvothe said:

Someone's obviously never played another MMO before

Not only you are wrong but you just totally missed my point, what does that have to do with PokeMMO being fully solo(able) game and only dungeons forcing you to team up (as minium 2) up to this point, I don't see any reason for forcing players to find more players when it was possible to do as 2 before.

change is new

new is bad because not old

change is bad

this thread in a nutshell

idk, if you want a single player experience just play the original games, this is an MMO. You can do a lot of stuff solo on World of Warcraft but for the big rewards you need people and depending on the difficulty you even need to coordinate on voice chat, to give a popular MMO example.

I'm sorry that a 15 days long event interrupted someone's autism speedrun PokeMMO experience but this is exactly the kind of feature the community has been screaming for for years: MULTIPLAYER CONTENT

And sure, you can get bad teammates sometimes but likewise you can get hard carried by others way better than you, why does everyone think others are the problem but never consider THEY are the lagging teammate in this kind of events? lmao

tl;dr stop crying, enjoy that we can actually have fun playing with our friends for once and git gud

2 hours ago, Doctor said:

change is new

new is bad because not old

change is bad

this thread in a nutshell

idk, if you want a single player experience just play the original games, this is an MMO. You can do a lot of stuff solo on World of Warcraft but for the big rewards you need people and depending on the difficulty you even need to coordinate on voice chat, to give a popular MMO example.

I'm sorry that a 15 days long event interrupted someone's autism speedrun PokeMMO experience but this is exactly the kind of feature the community has been screaming for for years: MULTIPLAYER CONTENT

And sure, you can get bad teammates sometimes but likewise you can get hard carried by others way better than you, why does everyone think others are the problem but never consider THEY are the lagging teammate in this kind of events? lmao

tl;dr stop crying, enjoy that we can actually have fun playing with our friends for once and git gud

2 co-op is also multiplayer content lol,, i mean why should they force use to team up with 4, instead of 2-4 before. There's no point after all for this unnecassary uptades. 

Edited by meboy
19 minutes ago, meboy said:

2 co-op is also multiplayer content lol,, i mean why should they force use to team up with 4, instead of 2-4 before. There's no point after all for this unnecassary uptades. 

Except there IS a point, and it's the fact that now the event boss acts as a raid boss, which requires 4 players or else it's completely pointless as a whole. And 2 co-op is hardly an MMO feature. The first M stands for "massive", yk.

In short, opinions are diverse and the intention is not at all for someone to be offended by one thing or another. I just wanted to share with you my point of view. In short, the raids are very good, I just don't agree that it is the method of capturing a legendary pokemon. And although the game is an MMO, the playable experience is not limited only to the multiplayer field, there is a very wide field for people who want to obtain something without depending on others, for example shiny hunting. But the multiplayer strategies are welcome and even entertaining like the dungeons of the sanctuary and those that were at Christmas in previous years. New mechanics are always welcome, and different points of view expressed respectfully are also welcome. Happy event everyone and thanks to the poke mmo development team

Nevermind... It appears that Next Raid will be 24hrs & so far, i beat Lopunny & Purugly Raids. Soon i think the Last Raid will be Gyarados Raid as 5 Stars for sure... Because Gyarados Movesets will be OP as Ice Fang,Waterfall,Power Whip,Dragon Dance & more Hidden Moves with Moxie Ability too. Goodluck Increasing Iron Defense Moves on Metagross.

Edited by kenjimAd
12 hours ago, MisakiMei said:

Xmas just got rid of dungeon

Just because something didn't happen once doesn't mean you can pretend it never existed. That's fallacious reasoning up there 

12 hours ago, MisakiMei said:

I will ignore PvP part because there is nothing to unlock

Wrong, there are many exclusive vanities and money to get, which is the same thing PVE has to offer.
All of the particles, legendaries, shinies and whatnot are buyable with yen, and the only other thing PVE has to offer is exclusive vanities which PVP also has.
So following that reasoning there is nothing to unlock in PVE either 🙂 (cause yea OT is not really relevant to the gameplay)

23 hours ago, TohnR said:

Wrong, there are many exclusive vanities and money to get, which is the same thing PVE has to offer.
All of the particles, legendaries, shinies and whatnot are buyable with yen, and the only other thing PVE has to offer is exclusive vanities which PVP also has.
So following that reasoning there is nothing to unlock in PVE either 🙂 (cause yea OT is not really relevant to the gameplay)

First of all PvE makes you able to go and PvP because you have to catch pokemons. 
Good luck with your gifted pokemons and untradeable items