My first rant of the game

I never ever complained of this game cause i always had fun with it, but let's just say something really grinded my gears during this event, the matchmaking system for raids, the main thing is not people playing with bad mons or with complete wrong team i do understand that not everyone checks the information about the raid boss, but my hatred is referred to the people going AFK and not reciving any punishment, i had to throw 5 runs because people would quit, a simple solution would fix all of this, giving a penalty system that all games do have, now explain me why after 3 PATCHES no punishment system for people going afk, the sad part is that all my friends quit PokeMMO so i have to rely on the matchmaking system. My main rant is this i get that my opinion may be strongly Subjective but i wanted to have an answer or some opinion in regard to it

3ctv2u.jpg

38 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I'm gonna give you a like because I love that meme you posted

For the rest of the post, get laptops, pcs, tablets or mobiles and use them to play with yourself. If someone goes afk during a run like that, it's you

Agreed

4 hours ago, DJRex said:

i have to rely on the matchmaking system.

I have good news for you: You absolutely don't need the matchmaking system, teammates or friends to raid!

I've done all my raids with strangers without using the automatic system once. How? Send a message in the Global chat “LF Raid (Tauros) 1/4 – Location […]” and wait for a response. I was able to complete the link in less than 5 minutes and out of the 10 raids I only had two failures because we had terrible RNG. I think this method is much superior because the recruited players are online and use chat so communication is present. And it's also, in my opinion, a lot more fun than relying on random pairings.

I think that the automatic system, even if it seems less restrictive at first glance, is not interesting because it exposes you to players who are not motivated or queue up away from their keyboard.

Good luck!

31 minutes ago, Zuladra said:

I have good news for you: You absolutely don't need the matchmaking system, teammates or friends to raid!

I've done all my raids with strangers without using the automatic system once. How? Send a message in the Global chat “LF Raid (Tauros) 1/4 – Location […]” and wait for a response. I was able to complete the link in less than 5 minutes and out of the 10 raids I only had two failures because we had terrible RNG. I think this method is much superior because the recruited players are online and use chat so communication is present. And it's also, in my opinion, a lot more fun than relying on random pairings.

I think that the automatic system, even if it seems less restrictive at first glance, is not interesting because it exposes you to players who are not motivated or queue up away from their keyboard.

Good luck!

I get what are you saying but the fact that the game doesn't make anything for players going afk and make you throw a run just because someone decided to go afk and get people stuck in the "waiting for other players", anyways thanks for the tip i will try it

3 minutes ago, DJRex said:

I get what are you saying but the fact that the game doesn't make anything for players going afk and make you throw a run just because someone decided to go afk and get people stuck in the "waiting for other players", anyways thanks for the tip i will try it

Yes, this is indeed a problem that needs to be resolved. Hopefully the raid functionality, still in the testing period, will have an effective deterrent system to limit these behaviors when it is finally released.

I did 9 out of the 10 raids with the randoms matchmaking and I can understand your frustration.

However, I did the latest raid with people who were looking for an additional member on the Global Chat. The communication was amazing and I wouldn’t have imagined that people would get so excited when I set up tailwind once Braviary was below 25% 😂

I definitely suggest using Global for members as it’s a whole new experience to do raids with people who communicate. Am looking forward to the last two raid bosses with the boys from Global Chat.

A low priority queue to who have this beheavior or troll a raid. Someone close of mine said that in braviary raid they all where buffing their mons and someone used haze . "Maybe him didnt knew what was doing" well, by this friend this guy laugh in link after doing this and did it again some turns after so 'maybe' this was intentionaly made. Maybe a warn first and a punishment after a recurrence. As this being a new permant mechaning a way to pervent this to turn in a bad experience would be a lot helpful.

I did all raids (done Excadrill at the time of writing) using the queue and I think it is not too bad.

in one of the raid, my connection was disturbed and I was forced to login and out every turn, eventually I was forced to terminate.

Other than that, the matchmaking is looking okay for me

the only raid I cant beat until now is Braviary :v

Quite the opposite. This event has been sensational to me because i have met so many people and we have all come together and made it so far. One thing I wanna note, if there is going to be a time interval between raid attempts, please make it count from the moment you JOIN the raid, not from the moment you quit. There were many instances where we had collectively decided to quit and retry because will-o-wisp missed 3 times in a row, or the trick room/tailwind setter got flinched. Please, don't make this penalty too rough, some people need to try a few times to rethink their strat.

Today, after two failed attempts with players recruited via the Global chat, I tried the Matchmaking system for the Excadrill raid.

The interface is well thought out, easy to use and the link is made very quickly. Great work from the developers! Thank you!

Concerning the attitude of the players, on two attempts, one with English players and the other with Chinese players, I would say that the CN players are more efficient. If communication was non-existent with the EN team, the CN team nevertheless responded!

The sample of my experience being too small to make an objective judgment, I however think that in the future and with the increase in the difficulty of raids, building a solid team using the Global chat or the Matchmaking system might be hazardous.

It seems wise to take advantage of this testing period to fill your Friends list with players who have made the effort to learn about an effective team before joining a raid!

Guides to beat the Raids:

Finkill (team Lightfall)

caav’s YouTube channel

Edited by Zuladra