[LYLE] KingCheerios - Greatest Team of All Time

JSTUD

Electronic Engineering as well. Just have 3 exams left. After that will either take Automation or Telecommunications engineering course

That's amazing man, good luck with it. I've always had trouble with understanding the entire working of Amplifiers, Op-Amps. Did you just do electronics alone or did you learn communication as well? Because the latter uses the same electronic components but has a completely different function. Also when you say you're going to take automation, will you be focusing more on the embedded systems part?

You ok brah? We can chat in game

Thanks Joey, I'm feeling much better now because what I did, is now in the past, so no point fretting over it :)

Edited by NikhilR

That's amazing man, good luck with it. I've always had trouble with understanding the entire working of Amplifiers, Op-Amps. Did you just do electronics alone or did you learn communication as well? Because the latter uses the same electronic components but has a completely different function. Also when you say you're going to take automation, will you be focusing more on the embedded systems part?

Did some Telecommunications  exams as well, Signal Processing/Digital Signal Processing, Electric Communications, but pretty standard and basic stuff, focused a lot on mathematical theory tbh...on the other hand, Electronic exams were pretty specific and had studied them in deep...

About automation, Embedded Systems are a part of it, but the main point will be creating controll systems, studying Transfer Fuctions, Bode/Nyquist diagrams and such....i think the last part of Automation course will cover some basic programing of Embedded Systems in VHDL

Edited by londark

Did some Telecommunications  exams as well, Signal Processing/Digital Signal Processing, Electric Communications, but pretty standard and basic stuff, focused a lot on mathematical theory tbh...on the other hand, Electronic exams were pretty specific and had studied them in deep...

About automation, Embedded Systems are a part of it, but the main point will be creating controll systems, studying Transfer Fuctions, Bode/Nyquist diagrams and such....i think the last part of Automation course will cover some basic programing of Embedded Systems in VHDL

Yeah signal processing involves a lot of maths when it comes to convolution and fourier series because it's just integration everywhere. It's great that you know your electronics deep, that's always going to be helpful.

I had a course on Control Systems as well. It actually falls under Electrical+Electronics over here. There's a lot of theory in it but if you can apply that theory practically, then you can do wonders. Programming Embedded Systems in VHDL though? That's pretty new because from what I've come across in India, most people work with Embedded C. I've only used VHDL for simulating basic digital circuits like priority encoder etc.

You're studying all of this in Italy?

Edited by NikhilR

Programming Embedded Systems in VHDL though? That's pretty new because from what I've come across in India, most people work with Embedded C. I've only used VHDL for simulating basic digital circuits like priority encoder etc.

You're studying all of this in Italy?

Yeah, studying in italy for now, but wanna go somewhere else after taking the last exams...

About the VHDL part, programming wasn't exactly the best term to use, it's more like writing down codes and simulate control systems with it....As far as programming actual rl circuits, till now we just worked once with a Raspberry P and we programmed it in Java somehow

Edited by londark

Yeah, studying in italy for now, but wanna go somewhere else after taking the last exams...

About the VHDL part, programming wasn't exactly the best term to use, it's more like writing down codes and simulate control systems with it....As far as programming actual rl circuits, till now we just worked once with a Raspberry P and we programmed it in Java somehow

No worries man, just gotta make sure that you choose the best university for you.

I'm going to be working with Raspberry Pi for my final year project. At least now I know someone who I can approach whenever I have doubts :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.